It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hidden tyranny: children diagnosed and drugged for profit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker
. Refuse to accept any diagnosis of ADHD and the like. Tell everyone you know not to accept it.

I wouldn't agree with this. I don't think parents should refuse a diagnosis of their child. If a parent feels their child has a problem, and it turns out they are diagnosed, they should accept this. Instead of allowing their child to suffer.
BUT!!! Refuse the medication. This would be my suggestion.
There are many great ways to combat these things. My son has High functioning autism, sensory process disorder, and it is thought he has ADHD.
Guess what we do?
We send him to occupational therapy. Speech therapy. And a lot of attention and love from me. Every therapy that I feel he needs, he gets.
Result? A massive improvement! These are the things that truly work. There are ways around these things without the use of drugs, and you still get to keep your real child. Un-zombyfied!

edit on 4-3-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

I have to say I agree with you to some extent. It would be awfully disruptive to have a generation of Tesla's or other 'radical' thinkers who would dare to buck the trend that we have been seeing the past 50 years. Having a large number of people questioning and denying ignorance??? Perish the thought!!!

"Keep them fat, weak, dumb, and drugged, and we'll all make a fortune without lifting a finger."

We're like guinuea pigs, in a sense. Commodities to be used to acquire wealth.

ADHD, ADD, Aspberger's all exist and we know this, but I refuse to believe that this sudden increase in the diagnosis rate is anything natural at all.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
after a year of running around from doctors to therapy , everyone hinting at some sort of "disorder",

all it took in my child´s case was to switch schools ,
and now he´s top of the class ,

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I know for a fact they are. I have a lifelong friend who has foster children and every single one of them is on so many meds. Every single respite she takes in is on tons of meds. She has one that I cannot see any reason for her to be medicated unless being gay is now a reason to drug kids, and she is on meds. Some are really freakin doped up to man. I am sure the nurses and Psych Dr.s are going to flame me, whatever, it will be the best time I've had all day ! I am not saying none of them need meds but, come on ? PEACE
edit on 4-3-2011 by piercebitchone because: It is a really good way to control the future generation, STUPEFIED

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Good for you and may your child prosper and be healthy always ! Sometimes all it takes is not giving up on them
PEACE

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by piercebitchone

sad part of it all was that none of the therapist or doctors had a real reason as to why the charade took place ,

my take on it all was that my partner was an easy target since i didnt condone any of it and rearly partispated in any of the sessions ,

but when i was present i noticed some of the dumbes things,

the level of conversation was always like they where talking to a toddler
when practicing abc´s and 123 it was all it was , abcdefgh and the math was 1+ x = 2
it just seamed wierd since my child knew the difference between 1 and 87 and a 120 in kinder garden
heck he does the weighing of fruits and veggies in the store all i have to do is ask what we eat today and he does the picking ,
as for reading and understanding languages , at the moment he knows the difference between danish norwegian and swedish just by looking at the text , english goes so and so but that doesent stop him from playing rpg´s

on many ocations in school i asked the teacher what they did and they said they where teaching
asking my son what he did he answered we where watching shrek

it seamed that they wanted to keep the level of learning to a minimum as if they where mentaly disabled

to me it was as if they had taken a photo of every kid in kindergarden placed them on a dart board and just tossed a dart and picked a child that way they wanted to screw up,

in the end we told them that my partner was a school aid for "special children from troubled backgrounds " and that my mother had been in the psyciatric / social field for more then 30 years and me being who i am just a nosy fellow with too much time on my hands , so we would have noticed if something was wrong ,

they complained that what we where about to do (removing him from therapy) could damage him ,

last letter we got from them a couple of months a go stated they saw no reason in speech / learning therapy that the results from the school spoke for them selfs,

as a parent i saw the wall between them and us getting bigger , yet they didnt see what i saw in him ,

i´ll end with something my mother always used to say ,

when reading psycology / sociology dont believe everything you see , cause you might end up believeing that you your self might be affected by some thing you are not ,

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Although I don't question what the article is saying, unless someone other than "www.naturalnews.com" is going to report on this it doesn't carry much weight. Considering everything they sell is in opposition to Pharma. Especially because they themselves are selling QUESTIONABLE products. Christ, people who applaud this are asking to get rid of one devil in exchange for another.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
in my community we had a young adult move in that everyone kinda took under thier wing, cause we all assumed the boy was "ill" he would get on the bus every morning and goto a special learning school and come back home to be given his cocktail of daily meds. his mother told me he had add, schizphrenia, bi-polar, the works.. eventually he snapped and knocked out his mother, stabbed the crap out of his brother, then stripped naked and went into the gym we have and threw the weight machines around like ping pong balls. after a couple heavy rounds of police tazing, he was arrested.

some time later I ran into him and what a difference!!! in prison he was not given his meds and eventually his body and mind stabilized. he lost like 80lbs. and even got a girlfriend. he told me the side effects of taking his meds for years made it nearly immpossible to sleep. he spent his entire childhood in a contant state of sleep-deprived, dellerium. also he found out that him appearing to be "ill" was a boost to some of the many welfare benefits his mom was collecting.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

This is so terrible and insidious. Without people like you bringing it up, pointing it out, we are likely to forget and overlook the children and what is being done to them.
Big Pharma is counting on us to have other problems getting all the attention so this will fly under the radar.
Thank goodness you still have radar attuned.

I remember when it was unethical to advertise if you were an attorney. Ambulance chasers they were called. And you wouldn't have thought to advertise medical services and we certainly did not push or advertise drugs on television.
People are so susceptible to suggestion it was reasonably concluded people would self medicate and for something as important as drug use, this was thought better left up to their doctor

We don't seem to have any ethical standards anymore. Anything goes and there is nothing we will not do, or allow to be done - for money.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Striped Bandit,

You wrote:
"Not to mention they do it through our education systems. In Ontario, schools receive something like 100 dollars a year for every child that is on anti-psychotic/behavioural medication 'to support them'. So effectively our schools have financial incentive to get/keep kids on prescription medication."

I teach in Ontario, and I have to say that, to my knowledge, our funding formula doesn't have anything to do with whether or not kids are on medications. Occasionally, some support is linked to a particular child with high needs, but otherwise it's on a numbers basis, i.e. you have 40 kids in Speical Education programs, so you get $x. It wouldn't even be on record in a child's Ontario Student Record that they are on meds, so how would the Ministry even know to provide funding if, indeed they did? Do you have any informatio to back this claim up?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

That's a good, and a sad, story you told, Skewed. I'm glad things worked out for your daughter. For the record, I am a teacher. But I am just that. A teacher. Not a doctor, nor a psychiatrist, nor a firefighter, for that matter. I would never dare to suggest to a parent that their child had any medical disorder. I would tell a parent that I was concerned about their child's learning, or about their behaviour, and what it was that the child was doing to create my concern. But I would not offer a diagnosis. That is simply out of line. And a little ridiculous at the same time.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm quite glad that my parents took my short attention span and hyperactivity with a shaker of salt.

Some of my friends who've been on ritalin or concerta for years are suffering from it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Zerbo,

You know, when I watched this video, I couldn't help but wonder if this man was a Scientologist. When he mentioned the Citizen's Commission on Human Rights, I stopped wondering. (If you google Scientology and psychiatry, I promise you you'll be able to entertain yourself for hours, if not days.) Regardless, he did make a good point or two. But what he neglected to mention are those obvious cases where it's clear that something just isn't right, and that someone needs help. I'm talking about that man you see, wandering on the street, yelling at people, throwing things at cars, dirty, disheveled, and obviously malnourished. Do you think that we should just leave him be?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It's sad that people will stop no where in the search for profit making. If it's ok to scam and poison the children of earth then I assume it's ok to scam and poison the children of corrupt corporate bosses. I wonder how they would feel if the roles were to be reversed.

This story unfortunately won't be picked up by the masses. It's a shame though.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jebbaroo

i have some 10 thick books by hubbard in my shelf , having read most id say they are a cross over between my little pony and total rip offs from the field of psycology and sociology , they even contain some good therapy sessions but most of it is utter bull combined pseudo therapy / science ,

as for the man walking the street ,

"disorders" stem from everything containing malnutrition to actual loss of reality which can be cause by a multitude of factors ,

there are documented cases of psychosis/neurosis ranging from not getting a raise at your job to substance abuse to loss of love to self inflicted hypnosis to social burdens like a silly neighbour who mowns his lawn 3 days a week at 5 pm precisely which in my opinion is neurotic at least , but then again its onnly my subjective notion of what i consider a "norm"

most people who do "silly things" do it because they can , its as simple as that , a "shocking experience" for the bystander so to say , for them its more the freedom of life ,

a vast minority of them actualy have a real delusion or a brain retardation/genetic malfunction/something un fixable , something so broken it cant be fixed with hormone threatment or right nutrients,

to actualy say anything about the man walking the street youd have to have more facts about him ,
at a first glans he might be crazy so to say , at a second look he might just be neurotic at a third look he might just be depressed at a fourth look he just might need a companion or backpack and the isolation of a forest ,
at a fifth look it might be lead poisoning ,

diagnosing isnt just that easy ,

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Thanks, Zerbot, you made me lol with the little pony thing. And I do agree. We are all individuals, are we not? I suppose that now and then, someone, quite consciously and carefully, decides to forego gainful employment and all those other shoulds, to preach Armageddon on the street corner, and if that's what they choose, then let them at it. Who am I to criticize that? And I do get that what we today call mental illness can delve into some mind numbingly gray areas. But I get worried when people claim that these disorders don't exist. I do know people who are very grateful for the psychiatric treatment they've received. Good, happy, engaged and interesting people. They need to be considered too. But I don't think that you would disagree with that, just because you're funny and, in my experience, funny people are often funny because they can see both sides.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

well i was banned off face book for 5 hours for posting why not ban nicotine i am addicted to it then i broke the rule by saying how will the government make up the budget short fall in the tax that did it the most widely used drug on the planet and the most dangerous by far the young people think it is cool go figure

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jebbaroo

i can say i agree with what you wrote whole heartedly.

As for therapy,
i can say that studies have shown that it is a grey area indeed (everything from fat loss to surgery),
a placebo of sorts ,50/60 experience, the 60% being you.
for most humans all it needs is that someone recognizes their "cry for help" and talks/listens/helps them,
sometimes its as little as that , the trivial thing of someone actually taking their time with you so to say
and being present when someone needs it and the rest comes from within you by your self,

sounds kinda new age i know but studies show just exactly that. humans need the comfort of others and the comfort with in one self to be living healthy life.

i dont deny disorders , its just that a majority of them who have them are wrongly diagnosed
which in return can cause a hamster wheel effect so to say , no matter how much you try it gets you nowhere.

i guess one could even say that there is a time and place for everything , people who are "ill" are in the wrong place and in the wrong time of their life ,

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more. Get these kids off the high fructose corn syrup, sugar and caffeine and problem solved. All of them.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
When I was in kindergarden I began to show "signs" of ADHD or ADD. I was extremely hyperactive, I couldn't pay attention, I would constantly move around and I would interrupt the class all the time. Instead of schoolwork I would draw pictures instead, this greatly angered the teachers.

I was put on Ritalin from kindergarden through fourth grade; with me being seperated half way through third into a special class with mentally challenged kids for the remainder and all the way through fourth grade.

The interesting thing was, I did not have ADD. I was tested some time after I moved states from Texas where I attended -4 to Idaho where I attended 5 + 6. I was found to have an IQ at least three times higher than the best student in the class. I was doing schoolwork according to their curriculum in minutes where as it was supposed to take the average student hours to complete. On one occasion, my first grade teacher got so upset at me finishing her work so quickly and drawing that she gave me 100 problems with multiplication, division, triple digit addition and subtraction and I proceeded to hand it back to her within five minutes. I scored at least a 90 percent on this little pop quiz.

The point of my story is that I was falsly diagnosed with ADD when all I needed was a challenge. All through school, up until my graduation I was bored with what they gave me and I am still considered borderline genious as far as IQ tests go. I developed so much practice time with art that I am now working towards my bachelor's of science degree for 3D Game art and Design.

I don't believe that ADD or ADHD are fake diagnoses, I do believe that some cases are valid, but I do believe however that labeling advanced children like myself or others as such is a complete cop out and is the "common thing to do."

I was taken off of ritalin by the fifth grade and I had no more develpmental problems. Although the teachers were more aware of my advanced abilities, they still weren't able to provide adequate challenges for me to work on. This was not their fault, they provided the best specialized care they could.

I don't hold anything against my teachers, but I do feel a little disappointed that my mother listened to outside advice instead of her own instinct. Teachers are not doctors, psychiatrists or pharmacists; they have zero right to tell you how your child should be medicated. Instead they should personalize their attention towards the student's needs and how best to educate and keep their attention. If that means moving them to another class where they can be provided special attention, then so be it. If not then the parent should just take them to a school where they pay attention to the student's needs, a job requirement of a teacher.

King

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join