It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court rules MSM can lie in news reports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry to be repetitive, but please don't forget that no court found that there was any lying involved. The appeals court only said that she couldn't get whistleblower benefits because she wasn't doing something covered by the whistleblower statute.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Once again Dude, I concur that we are in a wagon load. The hypsters and the spinners are spewing their corporate owners message up and down the line and we don't know who to believe. So I believe none of them. But I listen to them and evaluate their content for myself. Just saying they are all liars and all the same would for me be a lazy way of approaching the proplem. Grouping them all together and looking no further into the deeper machinations of Fox can only serve the agenda of Fox. Yeah we're bad guys, you caught us red handed. But we all do it so tune it all out .

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if all news media outlets had to post a banner before the starting of the show say "All information provided here is for entertainment purposes only" or something to that effect.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What never ceases to amaze me is the sheer number of people who blindly believe what ANY televised news provider has to say. I've had people try argue points based on what they heard on Fox or CNN, et al. When I tell them that they are not getting their information from a reputable source they look at me like I'm the one who is delusional. Then, they will say, 'Oh, I suppose you get your information from the Internet?" Like the "Internet" is a single source....

I generally respond with, "You are right and I stand corrected. Thank you for pointing that out." I refuse to argue with an idiot. I'll argue all day with an open-minded, intelligent, informed person. But a closed-minded moron? Nope.

Here's an example- I recently found out about Red Line Shockproof. It's a special synthetic lubricant for transmissions. It has an incredible ability to actually cushion the interaction between the gears when they are meshing. Anyway, I brought it up to my local Harley mechanic and he adamantly refused to discuss synthetic lubricants, saying that they do nothing and are a scam. This, my friends, is an ignorant and uninformed position. I don't care how long he has been a mechanic, maybe he should try some education on top of his skills. So, I did a ton of research on Shockproof and came to the conclusion that it not only works, but is probably the best lubricant of its kind.

So, yesterday I was ordering a couple of parts and mentioned that I had researched the Shockproof and had some interesting information. He looked at me and said, "Kevin, I told you I don't sell that stuff and I don't use it. It's not approved by Harley-Davidson." I said, "No problem Forrest."

Here's the punch line to this joke. I also need a new set of floating rotors. I mentioned that I found a set of genuine Harley rotors on ebay for a good deal. He wanted me to get the Russell rotors, which are great and probably better than the Harley rotors, however- THEY ARE NOT APPROVED BY HARLEY!!!

I'm sure you see the irony...

I will never buy anything from his shop again, but he doesn't know that yet. Also, I live in a really small town, and I have a very distinctive bike, he will know soon enough that I'm going to the other side of the lake for my parts and service.

My point in all this? The average person, even though they may sound intelligent, is a closed minded idiot that has already made up his/her mind and is just looking for reinforcement of their position. Fox tends to reinforce the beliefs of republicans, while CNN tends to reinforce the beliefs of democrats. So, the people latch onto that information as their truth.
edit on 6-3-2011 by DragonTattooz because: aye caint speel wright

top topics

<< 1   >>

join