It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force's 2nd Secret X-37B Space Plane Likely Testing Spy Satellite Tech launch today.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The U.S. Air Force is poised to launch its second robotic X-37B space plane on a secret mission today (March 4), with some experts speculating that the classified flight will test new spy satellite technologies.

The robotic X-37B mini-shuttle is slated to blast off today atop an Atlas 5 rocket from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida on the second flight for the Air Force Rapid Capabilities Office's X-37B program. The launch time is set for 3:50 p.m. EST (2050 GMT), though a dismal forecast predicts a 70 percent chance of foul weather.

Today's launch will be the first mission for this particular X-37B, which is known as the Orbital Test Vehicle 2, or OTV-2.

The Air Force has one other X-37B space plane, OTV-1, which just returned from its maiden seven-month space mission this past December.

Air Force officials were tight-lipped about OTV-1's mission, and they've been similarly vague about what OTV-2 do, since much about the X-37B missions is classified. For example, the military has not released details about the space plane's cost, payloads, flight plans or orbital location.

This secrecy has fueled speculation in some quarters that the X-37B is the vanguard of a new space weapon fleet.

www.space.com...

Another /secret/ X-37B launch. Well I guess not so secret since they tell us.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
pics
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d666edcbbf2c.jpeg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/667a6660964f.jpeg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af4defb650b4.jpeg[/atsimg]
Brilliant pebbles-anyone. Just a thought

edit on 3/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hopefully it fails like the nasa launch did this morning so they have to go fish their secret waste of money out of the pacific.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JizzyMcButter

WOW. I dont hope for failure but I hope its not part of some destructive activities in the near.
Thanks

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a thread where the author talks about vehicles like this, possibly with cloaking technology, servicing satellites. Didnt get much traction, but the vehicle in this picture, looks similar to what is decribed in his/her thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JizzyMcButter
Hopefully it fails like the nasa launch did this morning so they have to go fish their secret waste of money out of the pacific.

ANYWAYS!

This makes me wonder if there are more than one?
This is the second launch in a relatively short amount of time. So either the X-37B has a wickedly fast turnaround time or they have more than one.

If they only have the one then the turnaround is still impressive from a technical stand point.

S & F

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If anyone knew what was in the experiment bay we could make a positive outlook on things. sadly I too hope it fails. nasa though more specifically obama, has killed the space program by removing atlantis? from the roster and handing over ISS to other agencys.

still waiting for you guys to get back to the moon...with people...nevermind mars...betcha £10 britain will beat you guys there ;P if our space agency ever actually, finally, gets up and running.

=O what is russia beats you to mars?! I would lol.

seriously though, wut are you doing america?

ed: failing that, you could always release the electrostatic gravitational displacement engines y'all have been hanging onto since roswell into the public domain and you know, actually get somewhere. after far too much research it is however obvious to me that anyone flying one of these things has no fear of death because thats one hell of alot of volts. no really.
edit on 4-3-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Ok, maybe that was a bit much, I too just hope that it's nothing nefarious. But since its our military who knows, its most likely not a good thing.

What could the first one have been doing up there for seven months, and why do they need to fly another one so soon?

S&F to keep an eye on it, Thanks!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
This is the second launch in a relatively short amount of time. So either the X-37B has a wickedly fast turnaround time or they have more than one.

I agree SLAYER69. I meen when you think about the secret missions these are given why wouldnt there be a fleet of them stashed off somewhere, right beside the new drones.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JizzyMcButter
What could the first one have been doing up there for seven months, and why do they need to fly another one so soon?

I dont knowwhat that one could of been doing. But it seems with all the light disclosure going on these activities could be related in some ways. Either for protection or bluebeam projection..

Thanks

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I agree SLAYER69. I meen when you think about the secret missions these are given why wouldnt there be a fleet of them stashed off somewhere, right beside the new drones.

Thanks

Did you guys read the article?
Quote from article:
"Today's launch will be the first mission for this particular X-37B, which is known as the Orbital Test Vehicle 2, or OTV-2. "
The last flight was for their first, OTV-1... does anyone know how many of these are said to exist? Or if that information is public?

edit on 4-3-2011 by amcdermott20 because: typoed the model number for the first one

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by amcdermott20
does anyone know how many of these are said to exist? Or if that information is public?

edit on 4-3-2011 by amcdermott20 because: typoed the model number for the first one

I dont know if its public friend but 1 can guess or assume or astral that there are more.
Thanks
edit on 3/4/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Looks like its going to launch in 15 mins, i live in orlando, so ill see if i can snap a few shots with my cell phone

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hey,check out this document I came across
about the X-37B and it's possible uses.
It's from the Air Command and Staff College.
www.dtic.mil...

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Maybe they are going to try a real space war?
Our maybe use it to protects from some comet or asteroid
they know about heading to earth.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This document also discuses using a robotic arm
to disable enemy satellites,retrieving satellites
to bring them back and repair them.
Also states that it could remain in space for up to
21 days and also deploy more shuttles if needed.
Makes you wonder wtf they are really upto!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Hey,check out this document I came across
about the X-37B and it's possible uses.
It's from the Air Command and Staff College.
www.dtic.mil...

They also address the fact that there is a X-38 been developed for crew rescue
operations.
What do they know?????

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Video of the launch of the super secret weapon!!

Longer video with animation in space.
edit on 5-3-2011 by deltaboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well this will be interesting to follow. I hope those amateur astronomers are tracking it. When this was still part of NASA it was meant to be a utility vehicle. So I'm left wondering what the USAF has done to it to change its purpose and project objectives.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Kratos40 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40
Well this will be interesting to follow. I hope those amateur astronomers are tracking it. When this was still part of NASA it was meant to be a utility vehicle. So I'm left wondering what the USAF has done to it to change its purpose and project objectives.
edit on 6-3-2011 by Kratos40 because: spelling

It's because they are moving the war on terrorism to outer space.
Disable some GPS satellites so the can't fire missles,
maybe shoot a lasar beam at targets,
maybe save the world from a near earth object.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join