It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Praises Al Jazeera, Criticises US Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday that Al Jazeera is gaining more prominence in the U.S. because it offers "real news" -- something she said American media were falling far short of doing.

Full Article

I do like Al Jazeera English. It offered a far more impartial view on Assange during his extradition case, aswell as closely telling it how it really is in the African nations that have seen uprising in recent months.

From what I gather from alot of posters on here alot of US media outlets are generally full of BS. As a citizen of the UK, I can agree with that sentiment as there are alot of outlets over here that tend to be biased and ignorant to facts regarding certain aspects of incidents and events round the world.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
People are starting to see that most western media outlets are nothing but a tool for there own goverments, the most of american media is trashy and silly its there own downfall. I have just starting watching aljezeera and find it more informative and free'er in what they can say and report.

To long now the main media has kept news out of there broadcast for there own goverments or agenda hence being a TOOL.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
read about who is behind al-jazeera... some ex BBC people... zionist connection anyone???

ATS THREAD

Read the post by Shadow Herder...

Magnum

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

Sometimes I wish Hillary would just not talk at times.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the "vast right wing conspiracy" against her and her husband back in the day. If the White House PRess corps acted more like journalists instead of court stenographers it might be a little different.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have been searching for alternative reputable news sources for a while now. CNN and Fox (and their 'parrot' stations with more letters in their names) more often than not leave me still feeling 'hungry' -I can't think of a better way to put it. When they finish a story and go to commercial, I find myself asking the TV "Why didn't you ask THIS obvious question?" "Why didn't you look for confirmation of the statement from other sources?" "Was there even ONE fact in that whole story of opinions?" It's very unsatisfying and disturbing. I never feel "informed" or feel that I have gotten the whole truth. I do often see through to the underlying agenda, though. In fact the MSM are getting blatant about how they support one side or the other of an issue.

Is AJ a legitimate alternative?

Nah, not yet for me. But they are definitely a place to get a view from another side of the issues, which is always a good thing to have.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Throughout the North African uprisings I have been glued to live streams and news clips online from Al Jazeera English, Press TV and even individuals like Libya17Feb. as a starting point and then go on to check out a few MSM outlets.

Put it all together and you get a pretty good notion of what is going on. Relying on any one source and you are going to get only a small piece of the puzzle coloured by the source's bias, and they all have one.

I am actually kind of amazed to hear something approximating the cold hard reality from Hillary. Usually whatever she says is said to foster a political agenda and has little to do with truth or facts.
edit on 3/4/2011 by wayno because: typos - lots of them :/

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

What a load of bull.....Hilalry Clinton said the complete opposite yesterday.....read Infowars!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Most if not all US media is biased to suit one agenda or another while Al Jazeera is more centrist and refuses to take a stand and drive the world into chaos hence why they are banned stateside.
edit on 5-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

That is why they are banned also by the Arab dictators. The truth is dangerous to evil regimes: ours and theirs alike..

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I still remember them reporting during the Iraqi war that Saddam's forces sank an aircraft carrier, so you'll have to forgive me for not rushing to praise...

They have improved though....

new topics

top topics

join