It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you see a gnome in this photo?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Its like one of those magic eye pictures. The ones where you focus through them or stand six feet away from them... I find I can see it if I wear a blindfold, cover my head with a pillow case and catch a bus so I stand at the very least seven miles away from my computer screen.. Then I can see it as clear as day! Admittedly, the days aint very clear here in Antarctica but you get what I'm saying...
I want to start my own thread which will ask how this thread is still going!?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
we should have a humorous section on ATS

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WinnieDaWho

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho

Ask, and ye shall receive- OffTopic: Jokes, Puns, and Pranks

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
i see absolutely nothing unusual at all. Sorry

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mathoryn

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
I found him

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea1398b19437.gif[/atsimg]

You are waaay off

You tell me I am way off then didn't tell me anything?

You know what they say? Put up or shut up.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mathoryn

You are waaay off

Ok. Then? How way am I off? Saying that I am way off doesn't help. Show me.

I've posted a couple of posts.

You haven't, so you fail?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterfly

If it's a game then it isn't funny.

If you are serious then show where are we supposed to be looking at.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

You are waaay off

You tell me that I am way off and doesn't show us what we are supposed to be looking at?

You, sir, failed badly.

I saw what I thought the OP meant for us to look at. Ok if it's an hoax then &^%K him.

That's fine. If serious, then tell me where I went wrong. Don't tell me I am way off. Just show me, okay?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Okay, I looked at this in depth. downloaded it, played around with levels, contrast, and saturation.

The two images that hold up best are the Gnomes under the mans left hand holding the book and the one in the middle holding a staff. The rest I feel look like just shapes in the grass. If you look closely it looks like these two might not be entirely grass. Plus I find it strange that two shapes of about the same size and morphology appear in the random grass shadows and shapes.

If the negative still exists I would love to see a negative scan from a high resolution scanner. We would be able to zoom right up into their little faces and get a much better idea of what we're looking at. Even if the negative doesn't exist the print looks sharp enough to get a much better scan.

Having spent quite a bit of time in a dark room making prints this could have been faked by someone with a little skill. Or this could just be a case of when you can't zoom in it looks like a face but up close it looks like grass. Either way I'd need to see a much better scan before I make a decision.

I think everyone rejecting this out of hand is being silly. Seriously what are the chances (outside of a hoax) of two random shapes in the grass that look like gnomes and are at the same scale?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

You are waaay off

You tell me that I am way off and doesn't show us what we are supposed to be looking at?

You, sir, failed badly.

I saw what I thought the OP meant for us to look at. Ok if it's an hoax then &^%K him.

That's fine. If serious, then tell me where I went wrong. Don't tell me I am way off. Just show me, okay?

Ok, you are getting warmer...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

and?

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Demiwatt

A gnome with a bicycle tire on his left shoulder waving to the photographer? Maybe he had a flat and wanted some help. Poor little guy.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I don’t know that much about gnomes. Can they blend in backgrounds? The two most noticeable objects do resemble the drawings I have seen but it seems odd one would be reading a book when out in the open. With the height and coloring right now I think they are weeds.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
hahhahha, this thread has been more entertaining then I expected....

That said I have to say I don't see anything either....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I heard a guest on Coast to Coast AM awhile back who went into depth about how Gnomes are real along with other nature spirits they exist in a "Lighter" form of matter and blend into their surroundings. Apparently the real ones are what the little Garden Gnome statues are modeled after.

Anyone know who this guy is? Sound familiar? I think it would be appropriate to this thread...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastStand
I see the bearded face there in the middle. Also a little up and to the right what looks like a hooded figure. Pretty mundane and easily explained. Light and shadows really. The human mind will recognize patterns as faces in a lot of instances. Try zooming in on any section of the photo and look at it for a while. You will see anomalies all over. It is just how our brains are wired.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67ed07adf558.jpg[/atsimg]
1. Bearded Gnome like figure
2. Hooded figure
3. Child like face
4. Pointy hat gnome with book

It is just how we percieve things. They are all light and shadow and imagination.
Pretty fun to look at though kind of like where's Waldo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to sound dismissive but, #1 looks like a old lady crying, #2 looks like a priest holding a candle, #3 kind of looks like peter pans face(from the old Disney cartoon movie) and #4 looks like pacman wearing a wizards hat.

#2 is kind of creepy how defined it seems, but #1 might be something.
edit on 7-3-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

I will see if my parents have the neg, but its very unlikely as we have moved house dozens of times over the years.

To those who are wondering if this is a hoax - If you look for the comment by "mothermary" further back in this thread (thats my mum who was there when the pic was taken) I think she explains that this was just a random photo, they actually thought something was wrong with the camera when the saw this (oh, theres a strange being was not the first thought!) also this photo is like 30 years old, if we were going to try a hoax wouldn't they have done it when it was first taken?

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Krummar

Oh dear. No one is claiming this is early 19th century...in the 70s people were still using black and white cameras you know!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WinnieDaWho

This is annoying not humerous. There is no gnome.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterfly

I think the negative would only be necessary if you were trying to make a real big deal out of it. All you're trying to do is share something you think is neat (which I think its sad your catching so much trouble for!)

That said I would really be interested in seeing a higher resolution scan of the print. When I zoom in it is limited by digital pixels rather than the analog grain. Once you're clear view is limited by the analog grain you have a good enough scan to see all the detail you'll ever get.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join