It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you see a gnome in this photo?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LastStand

Oh so the way the light is in the photograph, thats what you guys keep calling gnomes? no wonder I missed it..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by LastStand

Oh so the way the light is in the photograph, thats what you guys keep calling gnomes? no wonder I missed it..

You do understand that a photograph is nothing more than light and shadow which makes this a very silly comment. The guy in the picture is nothing more than how the light is...

I understand what you're saying though and yes the way the shadows and light are playing off sections of the wheat (grass or whatever it is) it looks suspiciously like a gnome in several areas.

Frankly I looked through about 30 or 40 pictures of grass and wheat to see if I would see similar shapes. I saw 3 similar shapes in this picture so if it is a common shape my mind makes up I could test that theory by checking similar but different photographs. I saw all sorts of weird stuff the mind commonly makes up but nothing like this.

I wouldn't debunk this one yet...

I'm still waiting for a better scan!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

It could be a rock on the ground with intresting face like features + the light shining on it.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

And it could be a gnome. There is plenty of anecdotal and historical evidence they exist...

This thread has a lot of info:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think I see it. But if what I'm saying is the gnome, it's very faint. Pictures like these become worn over time and makes it harder for us to identify anomilaties such as these. Also, others who said it was mind tricks are right. It's like spotting shapes in the clouds. The mind can be fooled by shadows and light into thinking it's something else.

I would suggest trying to inhance the image and scan every inch of it you can, see if it really sticks out or is just light and shadows. I mean, who knows, it might really be a gnome. When dealing with science and paranormal itmes such as these, we must always approach with an open mind.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Do you know if there has been any fossil evidence of a gnome?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Wow this is still getting comments. I thought it got put to bed a long time ago. Once again for the record our braind are hard wired to "recognize" certain shapes and patterns. It is a survival instict. We see faces and humanoid shapes because that is what we look for. Ever play the game where you look at the clouds to find familiar images....same concept.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/950c664cb754.jpg[/atsimg]

No knomes that I can see. Perhaps the weeds are too tall.

Sorry, I'm done.
edit on 4-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

Hahahahaha
oh my god I seriously laughed at that for like a full minute. Kept looking back and laughing more

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterfly

nevermind
edit on 21-5-2011 by Avyuir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demiwatt

edit on 4-3-2011 by Demiwatt because: grammar

Love this version - the smaller one on the right looks like a Hobbit. Samwise Gamgee, to the rescue!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
this may just be me but i have found letters running across the top of the photo i have outlined them, it seems to say " SIN......." i cant make out the rest, it also seems that a nazi symbol is there aswell but i cant make it out.

sorry about the arrows its the best i could do with my laptop lol well thats a lie, im at work so cant really go onto photoshop.

i dont know how to upload photos and this link doesent seem to work but if you look at the man and match your index finger to the top of his left shoulder and then your thumb to where his stomach begins and move that as your measuring apparatus, you will be able to see the start of the letter S.

Let me know if anyone else sees this please
edit on 29-5-2011 by ShadowZion because: link not working

edit on 29-5-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
yes i can see looks like it has wings i love stuff like this wish they were real i would go and sit and chill with them smoke sum in the shire.lol

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78

Do you know if there has been any fossil evidence of a gnome?

If they are trans-dimensional creatures that only exist partially in this reality I doubt there would be fossil evidence.

Also it is a non-sequitur to assume that because a creature either exists or existed there would be any kind of identified fossil evidence. Fossilization takes a whole series of conditions that aren't common. A small soft non-prey creature that doesn't live in an aquatic environment has pretty much no chance of leaving a fossil record.

www.collectingfossils.org... That site is a tongue and cheek explanation which is factually correct and entertaining.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastStand
Wow this is still getting comments. I thought it got put to bed a long time ago. Once again for the record our braind are hard wired to "recognize" certain shapes and patterns. It is a survival instict. We see faces and humanoid shapes because that is what we look for. Ever play the game where you look at the clouds to find familiar images....same concept.

While this is indeed true it doesn't immediately invalidate anything you see and by you assuming this little tidbit would but this thread to rest is very irritating to me and completely makes it clear you ignored my posts here.

Why would random shape recognition produce at least 3 similar looking "Gnomes" on one photograph?

Seriously if this is just shape recognition I would expect many different and varied shapes (which people are finding) but there are no less than 3 clear and similar shape patterns that look like little people. This to me reduces significantly the chance it is simply random.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by syntheticbutterfly

It kind of looks like a garden gnome. Cute too, not an ugly one. It almost as if it blended into the background because it got caught out and hasn't quite finished the camouflage process. Intriguing.
My Aunt loves fairies we have discussed the possibility of the fae being ethereal and this certainly has that quality about it.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
And it could be a gnome. There is plenty of anecdotal and historical evidence they exist...

Quite true. Gnomes and leprechauns are tricky little buggers and have a funny habit of showing up when you least expect them to throw your whole concept of reality out the window. They're part of that odd range of creatures that exist in a kind of half-real state and can be drawn out via some stray fluctuation in the fabric of reality caused by a stray thought, conscious or subconscious. These days they're mistaken for "aliens," however, they're as natural and Earth-bound as any of us. They just don't get the same kind of publicity they used to.

But maybe just like ghosts have become popular over the past several years (nobody used to be interested in them a few years back), maybe we'll start getting more reports of these things running around.

Be careful, though. These things may tempt you with treasure but will ultimately end up screwing you over in some way. It's their nature.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
If they are trans-dimensional creatures that only exist partially in this reality I doubt there would be fossil evidence.

Very unlikely. Since they're also social creatures, they may also have burial rituals (assuming they can die in the same way a truly organic being can) that might make finding a fossil very difficult. Most likely, though, they just kind of "shift" back to that other aspect of reality that doesn't directly interact or intersect with ours.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i found it. Look at the marking.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It's funny reading people's angry comments saying that there is no hope for humanity and what not just because some of us can't see the damn gnome that the OP is NOT SHOWING US!!! i wish i could see it though!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
this was one of the more fun threads i've read here! the photoshop pics cracked me up

it took me a minute but i did see the gnome. i don't believe it really IS a gnome but i see it. it's like seeing jesus in a pancake. or an elephant in the clouds.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join