It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Rocket Launch Ends In Failure (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

NASA Rocket Launch Ends In Failure (VIDEO)

www.globalpost.com

A NASA rocket carrying a satellite designed to observe climate change failed to reach orbit on Friday and was expected to crash into the ocean.

The space agency said the Taurus XL rocket malfunctioned minutes after blasting off from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.

"Glory Launch: It looks like we have a problem with launch. Standby ..." NASA posted on its Twitter account. It later added in a statement: "Telemetry indicated the fairing, the protective shell atop the Taurus XL rocket, did not separate as expected about three minutes after launch."

The fate of the rocket and
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Another one? Hmmm. I was just watching an episode of Stargate SG1 last night. Part of the plot concerned how the crash of a Gould mothership into the Pacific would be explained in the media.

But that has absolutely nothing to do with this. Except the coverup part. What is NASA up to? And why is this crash not plastered all over the news? Just a very brief "headline" on the CNN and only the one article I referenced. Can't really find anything else on this one.

EDIT: Ok. I "misspoke". I now see there are numerous other articles on this crash. For instance:

NASA earth observation satellite fails to reach orbit
By Kerry Sheridan (AFP) – 3 hours ago
www.google.com...

More sabre rattling perhaps? Or something else? Or just a plain old rocket launch failure?

Come, let us conjecture together...

www.globalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3/4/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: more articles

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Now CNN is actually running the story. Rob Marciano, their meteorologist is covering it. "Rocket Likely Crashed Into Ocean".

So... doesn't NASA even know where it supposedly crashed? Hmmm.
edit on 3/4/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm sure 1 of the 10,000 satellites they got up there could "monitor climate change", something definitely stinks. Malfunctioning rockets in 2011 makes little sense too.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yup, Anyone with a twitter account out there willing to post what "time" each these tweets came thru? The exact same problem occurred in 2009, on the same launch vehicle from the same launch site.

According to the BBC, the failure is identical to a technical problem that hit Nasa's Orbiting Carbon Observatory (OCO) when it launched on the last Taurus XL rocket mission from Vandenberg Air Force Base in 2009.

After the 2009 fiasco, what precise changes, modifications were made to the "fairing", to supposedly prevent this from happening again?

We have been forced into accepting the "totally" insecure, "digital" means of transmitting/recieving data and communications, and they elliminated the more reliable, harder to breach "analogue" means. At the very least they should leave the analogue infrastructure in tact as a redundant means of communicating.

"Sometimes we forget because we rely on satellites every day"

Without these satellites in orbit, we wont be able to use their own facts against them! It all just stinks.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I love the first comment on the CNN article

"Chairmanbuzz: So how are we going to track Nibiru now?"

Which makes a good point, is there an alternative reason for launching that rocket? maybe it successfully launched, and they are just covering up to say it crashed. ALTHOUGH THERE IS STILL NO PROOF of it crashing. It could be in space right now, monitoring whatever NASA is up to. They tried to cover it up, but in 2011 it is starting to get harder to cover things up with wide access to internet, etc.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 4-3-2011 by uSNUUZuLUUz because: updated with link

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Everyone's replies so far align with my own thought on the matter. Something definitely stinks about this whole thing. It's all too obvious.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Maybe they are shooting water located targets. Un no. And I used to REALLY LOVE NASA smh.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Oh, and now as I went to comcast.net to check my email I see that this is now their top news story. I guess they need to get out in front of the story now that people are paying attention.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

AND even more crazy, was the fact that this SAME thing happened 2 yrs ago, at the same place. This $424 million rocket is now supposedly dead. I don't think so, something is definitely up.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The mission was designed to collect data that scientists planned to use to better understand how the sun and tiny atmospheric particles called aerosols affect the Earth's climate.

www.cnn.com...

*Cough* Chemtrails...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

The mission was designed to collect data that scientists planned to use to better understand how the sun and tiny atmospheric particles called aerosols affect the Earth's climate.

www.cnn.com...

*Cough* Chemtrails...

That puts a whole new spin on things. But of course we all know that chemtrails don't exist. They're just figments of our imagination - simple contrails misinterpreted by us as due to our ignorance of basic science and the like.

i.e. we're morons and should give it up.

I don't think so...

edit on 3/4/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: quote

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
ufo man made or extra probably shot it down because its something to do with space based weapons, do you realy think they tell you what goes up there well they might say its a satellite, but not the other part (half truths)
JUst a thought.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm on the fence myself, but the definition of the satellite’s mission gives chemtrails more credence to me.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't got more attention.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yes, this is really cheezy. How can you miss a rocket launch in 2011, given that they have all of these extremely advanced technologies, and been experimenting with more "regular" technologies for years! Where is the satellite. I want a picture that shows it crashed, because right now, this smells like big bull#! I hate NASA...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Apparently, the rocket was designed mainly by Orbital Sciences Corp., not NASA. Though it did have NASA's satellite onboard.

This is the best video of the launch I've seen so far.

edit on 4-3-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

It looks exactly like a "fairing" to me! Right at about 3 min into the video. I can tell by exposed rivet heads that it was a cheaply made one though. The commentator even said something like "confirmed sep.", or something of that nature.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Everyone's replies so far align with my own thought on the matter. Something definitely stinks about this whole thing. It's all too obvious.

S&F. I concur. Replied earlier on this ATS thread in Space Exploration Forum.

edit on 4-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Malfunctioning rockets in 2011 makes little sense too.

only 1 rocket in the history of spaceflight has a 100% success rate. The Saturn V but it only launched 13 times.

the russian proton rocket has a 96% success rate (331 launches) most of the failures in the early days ( 1960s). Still it had a failure in december 2010.

i guarantee 1 thing, this wont be the last rocket failure to happen in our space programs.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I feel horrible for the scientists and researchers that probably put 3-5 years of their lives into this satellite project, and to see it lost is sad. I feel for them. All that hard work lost. I hope they can salvage it, but at free fall speeds, I don't think much will be reusable.

edit on 3/4/2011 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join