It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting when I was young. Flat discs in the sky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Quite a long time ago (talking about being a child, ~7 years old) I was at my bedroom window on a Thursday or Friday night at about 8:30ish, my mum was making my bed so I was just looking up at the sky(like directly up) and I saw something quite interesting! I saw this circle/oval/disc of light in the sky, right above me(but higher than the building) it was yellow but not bright enough to be hard to look at, probably wouldn't even induce a temporary burn-in effect on the eyes, it definitely did not project any light downwards, anyway. It was completely silent, I felt completely calm watching it and it started to move around slowly, moving in a circle, suddenly another disc of light came out of that one and the best way to describe what they were doing was "dancing" with each other, circling around each other, moving into each other to make a single disc and then parting again. They became single and then there were 3 discs, it looked like they were making formations, this continued until there was about five or six, making some real cool formations. At this point I realised I should probably tell Mum, so off I run, tell mum to take a look, and whaddya know? They're gone. Mum believed me though, which was nice but it did suck I had no real way of showing what I saw.So I've never really worked out what it was, but I'd like to know if anyone has got some experience on this.

What I've done to make you understand what I saw was make a very crude animation which I created in an image software program, this was the first time I've ever attempted to make an animated image so it's not perfect but definitely helps me explain what I saw a lot better:

** I cannot work out how to properly embedd this .GIF image so here's the direct link:

img811.imageshack.us...

So, I'd really like some opinions on this, it's had me confused forever.

P.S, I'd like to point out I live in Australia, Sydney. Just in case there's some history behind it or something.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

This is an amazing event!..Thank you very much for this information!..Best wishes!...Oleg.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I have a contacts with UFOs...I am from Moscow..I have some videos of UFO..May be you are saw something similar? www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
First, I'd like to commend you and thank you for the flash file. Perhaps it wasn't flashy but you captured the UFO dance as you described it, I definitely can say it was how I'd imagined it.

I saw a UFO, light disc as you described once when I was a child of about the same age, but it was only one and I was also unable to show anyone, it disappeared before I could get anyone.

I was aware of the existence of UFO's basically because my father and I would watch x-files. Some people will try and attribute such things as a young adolescent mind and imagination. But I would say that I knew very much even then that I wasn't hallucinating or something like that, and I was not dreaming.

Anyways, I'm very happy you shared, that sounds like a beautiful sight!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Wow! I am impressed to the max here. You know what that looks like to me? The Creation Principle. Also known as the Flower of Life. Scroll down the page. I too have seen this phenomena, and did some some research on the shape, and symmetrical design involved. How long did your last? I have no recollection of how long mine lasted, it was years ago. Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by olegen77

I have a contacts with UFOs...I am from Moscow..I have some videos of UFO..May be you are saw something similar? www.youtube.com...

Wow, Olegen77, If that's for real that's a cool video and a head scratcher.

OP: Thanks for taking the time to do the graphics and share your experience here.

Olegen77's Sighting

edit on 4-3-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hey guys. Thanks for the positive response. Well I can't exactly remember how long it lasted, I didn't really take note of the time after, but I figure not long enough that Mum would get curious and ask what I was looking at but as I recall I was looking at it for a fair few minutes, it wasn't gone quickly or anything. The animated image isn't exactly indicative of exactly how long I was looking at it for, plus they did some more formations and stuff then what I showed, and they did circle around each other a lot more than I showed in my animation but I'm not very skilled at animation stuff but the animation shows pretty much what they did do.

The thing is though, as far as I recall it was already there when I looked up, so I don't know how long it was there prior to me seeing it and why it disappeared after I ran to get Mum to take a look, but it only seemed to do more stuff as I was watching since it was just 1 disc when I first saw it.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wow so this is pretty cool, did a bit of research and found out this phenomenon exclusive in Australia called "Min Min Lights". It appears to have Aboriginal mythology attached to it.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'll quote some of it.

Min Min Light is the name given to an unusual light formation that has been reported numerous times in eastern Australia. The lights have been reported from as far south as Brewarrina in western New South Wales, to as far north as Boulia in northern Queensland. The majority of sightings are reported to have occurred in Channel Country. Stories about the lights can be found in aboriginal myth pre-dating western settlement of the region and have since become part of wider Australian folklore. Indigenous Australians hold that the number of sightings has increased alongside the increasing ingression of Europeans into the region. According to folklore, the lights sometime follow or approached people and have disappeared when fired upon, only to reappear later on. The light's existence as a phenomenon has been confirmed to be Fata Morgana, though there remains debate over their source.Various explanations have been put forward, ranging from optical illusions and piezoelectrics to luminescent animals.

Next thing I found really cool was the fact that it says it looks like a disc, and some reports say it's dim,(like what I saw).

Accounts of the light appearances vary, though they are most commonly described as being fuzzy, disc-shaped lights that appear to hover just above the horizon

However it appears people see them further away (at the horizon), while I saw my UFO directly over head when looking up at the sky out of my window, so that's a bit of a shame.

The rest of the details are as follows:

They are often described as being white, though some accounts describe them as changing colour from white to red to green and back again. Some accounts describe them as being dim, others describe them as being bright enough to illuminate the ground under them and to cause nearby objects to throw clearly defined shadows. Some witnesses describe the light as appearing to approach them several times before retreating. Others report that the lights were able to keep pace with them when they were in a moving motor vehicle.

Mine stayed the same colour (yellow) and weren't fuzzy but still, this is as close as I've gotten to finding out what I could've saw.

So, take a look at the page, see some of the other related theories and whatnot and tell me what you think.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Does anyone else have any ideas? I've searched hard and really the only thing that people have personally spoke about were those "orbs" of light and they were usually at a distance.

Should I have put this in the Aliens & UFOs section? Maybe I'd get more responses there?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sounds like holographics to me.
Or maybe a plasma of some description.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HeresHowItGoes

Could you elaborate on the plasma idea?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Got your private message, but cannot reply as of this time. Will try to find out how long I have to be a member to reply.
Answer. Yes definitely.

top topics

join