It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Fails on another Mission....Wastes $424 Million Dollars in the Process!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I don't want to point out the obvious but I will. What was this satellite for?
According to NASA they state:

The new Earth-observing satellite was intended to improve our understanding of how the sun and tiny atmospheric particles called aerosols affect Earth's climate.

Hmmmm. Sound like they want to study the Chemtrails they have been spraying for Geo-Engineering.

Maybe if they were honest about it in the first place Karma wouldn't have bitten them in the ass.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by Aggie Man
or did that money go somewhere else?

How do we KNOW that the satellites weren't actually put into orbit but the reports say they crashed into the ocean so they get MORE money for MORE satellites.

Can we go "up there" to verify things....No.

Satellites in orbit are usually seen from the ground. There are many avid satellite-spotters out there, and if they kept seeing a satellite that wasn't listed on any website, they'd be asking questions.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainSpock

My take on it was that they wanted to study the affects of chlorofluorocarbon (CFCs) on the atmosphere, the ozone layer in particular.

EDIT:

Actually, scratch that. What are atmospheric aerosols? Here is a discussion directly from NASA:

www.nasa.gov...
edit on 4-3-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

link   
If you have to blame someone, blame Orbital Sciences Corporation.
It was their rocket, not NASA's.

link   

Poor NASA
Everything they do or say gets ripped to shreds by conspiracy theorists.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Poor NASA?

They have given no respect to the people who pay for everything they do. Instead they have lied from day one and continue to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I know that NASA does alot of good things and has contributed alot to science and I do respect and honor the astronauts that risk there lives to better humanity.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It happens. It is the most complex and risky thing human do, technologically. NASA's ratio of success to failure is astoundingly good in reality but there will be failures.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainSpock
Instead they have lied from day one and continue to do so.

Empty accusations.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Not true, I have a mission patch and the shuttle crew photo personally signed by all of them to me personally for our support of our last mission back in 1993. I'm not sure NASA is going to every American's door to shake hands but they are very appreciative of all who mission support or involved in NASA R&D. Also got a letter from DC two years prior, for my personal trivial support.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

I don't know if this is entirely NASA's fault. Didn't the Russians have this same kind of problem like 3 weeks ago?
Perhaps something is going on with the magnetosphere?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
One thing that makes a lot of people angry...especially in an economy like this is seeing $424 million dollars go down the drain because one of the most elite space organizations in the world cant get a basic rocket into orbit. Thats the reason for bashing....you would think by now this would be a routine procedure for them. But if theres still risk in something this minimal then why risk the $424 million for one satellite when it could be used for ALOT of other issues our country is facing right now?

Added: and thats the problem:we forget: "space travel is not"routine"

Doesn't anybody question anything anymore?
(call me twisted in a particularly paranoid way).
"what if": You were the "Christians In action ( CIA and contracted with an aerospace contractor like lockheed martin for a deep black project satellite or spacecraft and wanted to launch it but not from Vandenberg afb with the rest of the "spy satelites" So you gen up a mission to "uranus"to study "polyps" launch your superdooper satelite but claim that uranus mission crashed ito the atlantic after a " booster failure"...Yup sorry $424 million gone....wasted oops!
edit on 4-3-2011 by 46ACE because: added

edit on 4-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

Behind? Not at all.

Waste of money? Not at all.

If this type of attitude were around back in the day, the NAtive Americans would be running the entire continents of North and South America.

Why? Because a failure of a few ships to make it to the other side of the ocean.

At one point in the history of everything, it failed.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Trial and Error...

Better luck next time.

NASA spends a lot of money, at least it's for science.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
That's one third of these launches that have allegedly gone wrong, with these and launches with payloads that are secret I want to know what they're doing up there.

FACT CHECK:

The Taurus rocket has launched nine times, six of them successfully.

SOURCE

The Taurus XL has roughly a 66% success rate. Not admirable by any stretch. So basically you are right.

edit on 4-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Just came across this interesting little tidbit:

"Chemtrail - Aerosol studying SATELLITE has been DESTROYED - March 4, 2011"

Accidental? I think not

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
Poor Nasa, poor Nasa they are getting it from the msn. you kidding me folks? you have an organization that sent a man to the moon in 1969 and truthfully has not done a dam thing since! if i had a company which wasted as much tax payers money developing a can and the cause-affect of it in outer space to justify my multi million dollar deal with Government, i would be out of business and so would all of the other posters here.

I get what your trying to say here. I just did a thread on the "Secret Space Programme" and it didn't get much "air play" at all.I tried to say that the way we put rockets into space hasn't changed in 50 years, ie the method of rocket propulson I mean.

Millions of dollars for WHAT, I just dont know about NASA. If you believe Richard Hoagland, it's all a load of malarky.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Sorry but to claim the rocket was destroyed will require more than a You Tube video by a armchair keyboard commando conspiracist to pass muster on ATS.

Here is a link explaining the study of 'aerosols' in the stratosphere which was the intended mission. CAUTION: Reading and comprehension skills required.

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Do you have any credible sources you can refer us to who is responsible for the making of that video, and where they get thier information from?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Do you have any credible sources you can refer us to who is responsible for the making of that video, and where they get thier information from?

I'm thinking the guy was in a secure stealthy bunker on a super computer sporting the latest high tech innovations hacking a "man-in-the-middle" IP spoof on NASA's classified data servers. Or perhaps his Mom's basement.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d86d60a2062a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
Woke up to this morning to this article. Are we really falling that far behind other countries in space exploration? Seems like a simple mission to me but it ended with a satellite in the ocean again. Thoughts and feedback appreciated.

news.yahoo.com...

NASA always eventually succeeds so I support them win or fail. If it is tax money you're worried about compare NASA's budget to the Pentagon's. We throw away hundreds of millions per month in stupid wars that we will eventually walk away from. When NASA succeeds what we learn is incalculable. The grand adventures of tomorrow are being made right now by NASA. In our predilection for wars we have already learned the lessons of futility but refuse to accept that fact and we keep on with our flag waving and waste. Compare the costs of each and what each gives back to us. I say let the Pentagon have a bake sale for it's war toys just cause misery in the world.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join