It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the hell is going on in the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This past year or so has been a terrible one. Nearly every day in the local papers or on the news there is some incident where a child is either murdered, molested, endangered or otherwise subjected to horrible circumstances that no child should ever endure. One sure way to kill a good mood is to start reading the news.
How can this possibly be reality, in which the future generation of our world are being slaughtered like alley-cats, beaten to death by parents, thrown from moving vehicles, washing up crammed into duffel bags, raped and sodomized by the very ones entrusted with their caretaking? Is there any situation that you can envision in which this is a positive thing? Why are these things happening? Is it the gradual shift of the poles causing a disruption in our brains that some people are more susceptible to? Are we being poisoned through our water, food, and air?
As an atheist, I don't believe in the "end times" - per se. If there IS a god, and I'm pretty sure there isn't, he has watched silently as all of these atrocities have taken place. Being all knowing - he has known all the pain and fear these children have suffered. Being all powerful, he has had the power to stop them all. Well, you know the rest.
This isn't a "there is no god" rant - this is a "WTF is happening, no seriously WTFH is HAPPENING" rant.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Well in response to the whole god question, you appear to have stumbled on the realizations of the great philosopher Epicurus.

In response to the rest of your post, well..I'd probably tell you there is a reason why Thomas Jefferson and many others never read the newspaper....But the truth is, everything that shimmers, must fade away. Every nation, every government, will always decay and corrupt, and it will collapse. This is the cycle of empires, the flaw is man. We get complacent, and we allow corrupt men to take office.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
These things have always taken place ... Right through histroy Children and vunerable people have been abused, murdered, raped and so on. Man is the sickness of this planet and one day he will surely have to pay for his sins.

However try to take comfort in the knowing that some people do good things too.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm failing to see how corrupt men taking office has anything to do with mothers drowning her children, or shooting their own children at point blank range with a pistol. Politics doesn't have much to do with a mother shaking a baby like a martini, or taking a kindergartener along during a robbing spree. Society is getting sicker and sicker - ok - I can see how corrupt government could contribute to that indirectly.
I'm done with the MSM news for a while. I can't take it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I believe that we are living in a time where our body and minds are being put under tremendous stress. We are surrounding by unnatural compounds such as petrol-chemical byproducts and consume chemicals that were developed in a laboratory. Not to mention the pollution we breath.

We are living in hard economic times which is not only an economic depression but it causes a literal depression in humans which big pharma is trying to profit from. Depression is actually quite contagious and can cause anxiety and thereby can cause strange physical manifestations and changes in behavior.

Just the little bit I have mentioned above has probably caused your blood pressure to rise a little.

I think that times are changing to fast even for the most open minded person who may believe they can handle the change and it's creating a resistance in everyone. This resistance will manifest in many different ways depending on the person. Everybody deals with stress differently and some are more stressed then others.

We are also being bombarded by information that we would not have previously been aware of or subjected to because of this information age.

Hang in their friend

SnF

Peace & Respect,

AS
edit on 4-3-2011 by AeonStorm because: sp + snf

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The reality perhaps youve just come to realize...is that what is happening now...IS the reality. Its not the future...that's "iffy" and a "maybe". And the past? That is reality, because is has happened already.

As for what is happening now? "LIFE" is happening...and it one day will have to be looked back-upon to figure out why it happend in the 1st place as it did.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Many of the things you listed arent modern phenomena, and have most likely been happenning since the dawn of civilization. So in response to the title, normality is going on in the world...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I feel that the news has gotten so loopy over the last few years and yet people will swallow anything and just calmly digest it and go on with their lives. I feel like a freaking UFO could land on the roof of the UN building at high noon and most people would glance up before saying, "interesting, but I better get to work before I get outsourced. That thing is none of my business."

We have found in the last decade that humanity's ability to absorb the fact of almost anything that doesn't directly impact them is far beyond what most people are comfortable believing humanity capable of accepting. It's disheartening, frankly. There are some signs the gelatenous blob has begun to push back sluggishly and belatedly, but its small comfort and the outlook is far from sunny.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovegreysandilovecollege

Exactly. What has changed is news. Even 15 years ago, it would be local news. Now it's constant from every source all day from around the world. The horrific nature of humanity hasn't changed, the way we report it has.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Shake off the FEAR. Don't feel bullied by the news, it is the worst it is, not a general status.

Everything is normal.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

It is very sickening indeed!!!!
children are the most precious things in the world.

to know that a harmless "pothead" who gets caught with a pound of weed will spend longer in jail than a child molester!!

how can a society proceed in such a nature?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The world is plodding on the same as it always did. The new media will report and magnify whatever is in the news at the time. Once it was the witch hunt. I heard a good quote that today, peadofiles are the new witches.

I alsop heard a statistic that for the average American, statistically, you would have to leave your child unacompanied in your front garden for 6000 years before they would be kidnapped, raped or murdered.

Nothing has changed except the flow of information. We know more than we ever did, we just have to find new ways of living with all this additional information.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
There are a couple of links in this thread that goes to show how deep entrenched this culture is www.abovetopsecret.com... . There is some pretty heavy reading in there and takes a bit to deal with. There are answers for why and how in it and does explain a lot that is wrong in this world. As for what to do about it I am not yet really sure.

new topics

top topics

join