It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban on wearing face veils to come into effect April despite concerns...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Honestly I was feeling pretty shaky about the religious side of the thread.

On one hand I firmly believe in the right to religious practice, and, if that includes wearing a veil, so be it.

On the other hand I am equally as adamant when you voluntarily move to another country you are bound to their laws, period. I mean I just don’t see me moving to a Muslim nation and inviting my neighbors to a pig roast. And no that’s not being flip, it’s an example.

Anyway, so what happens? I was talking to a friend who was reading over the ATS threads and she said, ‘Ok Grace, so you feel shaky on this one, let me ask you something... What would you do if France made a law that would condemn a religious practice of yours?

I quipped, thinking I was such a smarty pants... ‘I wouldn’t move to France...’

She comes back with - ‘You’re not feeling so shaky over that thread anymore are you?’

hehehe - So that takes care of that issue.

But, we’re still back to WHY make the law, when you’re not going to enforce it and are acting the apologist from the get go?

I think we’ve scratched the surface, so far we’ve got:

- To insight more riots
- To further bias the public against radical Muslims
- To effectively gain public opinion in order to make war in Libya/Iran/etc...
- To control the population using any means possible

Anything more?

Let’s keep digging...

Applicable video - I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

peace
edit on 4-3-2011 by silo13 because: vid fix

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I am just against any kind of law that is discriminatory towards a certain portion of the population. This one is not only discriminatory towards Muslims, but women as well.

I live in an area of the US that has a large population of Muslim women, obviously there is no Sharia Law here, there is no laws REQUIRING women to wear their veils. and I see women out and about alone wearing them, which tells me that it's their choice to wear them.

Now, if its your choice to wear an Abaya, who is the government to tell you to not to?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hell yeah its about time the french grew some balls and started standing up for there country.Muslem women wanna wear head scarves they can hop on a boat to saudi arabia.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Good! where in the Quran does it state that Muslim women must wear a Burkha? nowhere,thats where and i would be arrested if i wore a balaclava or something like that around.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Now, if its your choice to wear an Abaya, who is the government to tell you to not to?

Obviously France's.

But WHY is the important part - and that's what I'm trying to dig through all this muddle to find out because you can bet your Burkha this law was not created over the fear of women covering their faces...

So (again) what I'm asking if WHY?

To further the unrest in France and Europe as a whole?

To define those division lines between 'us' and 'them' even more?

Or for a means to subjugate completely and keep utter control of everyone and everything - the goal of the NWO?

???

peace
edit on 4-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If nothing else, the wearing of veils over the face creates a severe risk to security for everyone. I mean, what's to stop a wanted felon from ducking beneath a burqa in order to conceal his or her identity? And how would a bank teller identify a robber if the robber's identity is hidden beneath a veil and the robber escapes into a crowd of others also wearing a veil.

The veil also poses a different risk to society. It hides the bruises and scars left on the faces of abused women. In doing so, it conceals the identity of an abusive man - one who has no problem beating up on women and children.

I own a business - a restaurant - and I have absolutely no problem telling people who enter my establishment that they either have to remove their veils or leave the restaurant. It is for my safety, and for the safety of my employees and other guests.

I applaud France for at least taking a step in the right direction. They just need to be as firm-handed in enforcing their laws as the muslims are in enforcing shari'a.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Underworlds

I applaud France for at least taking a step in the right direction. They just need to be as firm-handed in enforcing their laws as the muslims are in enforcing shari'a.

I agree for the reasons you've stated - France, or whatever country brings this law to fruition - must enforce the same law.

But I'll ask you, and someone who is precise and eloquent...

Why do you think France 'made' this law, only to become apologetic before it's even put into action?

That's what I'm trying to get to the truth of.

peace and thank you

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
More false action for a serious problem.
If you're gonna do something, do it all the way, showing the muzzies you have no teeth isn't the way to do things.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
And the problem is exactly what? You come to another country and want to assimilate. Fine. No problem. Then there are laws which are there to be followed. If it's so much a burden to not wear a veil then leave. If it were reversed in certain countries, you wouldn't have the option. Follow their laws or be beheaded or stoned to death. That is a fact. Do the research.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Is the OP serious? You talk about an NWO attempt to take over the world and "control everything we do", yet cheer for legislation that limits what clothing people can even wear? Talk about hypocrisy.

Then you fail with logic even more when you say that "Muslims are getting special treatment" when the law was specifically drafted to persecute THEM and take away THEIR freedoms.

Yeah, they are so special...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
Yes...the constant "bla bla bla Muslims" threads are getting nuts...absolutely nuts.

Christians need to chill and go back to church and leave everyone else alone.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

Good advice.. Other religions should take note and follow suit.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

Is the OP serious? You talk about an NWO attempt to take over the world and "control everything we do", yet cheer for legislation that limits what clothing people can even wear? Talk about hypocrisy.

Cheer for legislation? Never. Yet the point still stands - you voluntarily choose to relocate to another country, another culture you should be expected and compelled to live by their rules, or leave.

Hypocrisy? LOL... Look hun, society must have rules - period. What seems to have slipped right by you and I'll take this opportunity to point out to you what everyone else seems to know, is, there's a massive difference between 'societal rules' and complete domination.

Then you fail with logic even more when you say that "Muslims are getting special treatment" when the law was specifically drafted to persecute THEM and take away THEIR freedoms.

Once again you try to steamroll over the obvious to smooth the road you want to take - but - the bump in your road called truth will always surface to trip you up. Facts are I pointed out the laws were made with Muslims in mind, then, before the law even is implemented the politicians and cops start backpedaling. I'm stating fact, NOT my opinion so don't put words in my mouth.

It seems to me you're participating in this thread only to hone your attack skills. Well, go teeth on someone else, lol, really, I'll just not spend my time on this kind of hate. If you want to have an adult conversation sans the personal slander be my guest, but until the? *Click*

peace

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

If it's so much a burden to not wear a veil then leave. If it were reversed in certain countries, you wouldn't have the option. Follow their laws or be beheaded or stoned to death. That is a fact. Do the research.

Truth in that for sure. But still the question begs to be answered.

Why create a law only to make an open apology for the same law while admitting it will not be enforced in order to make sure not to segregate the very people the law was created for?

That's just mind-boggling.

peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join