It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins save the life of a lost Doberman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Source

Makes you wonder just how much these critters know...

When Audrey D'Alessandro and her husband, Sam, walked out of their home on Marco Island, near Naples, Fla., to go fishing, "we saw these two dolphins, and they were splashing and making this big commotion" in a canal behind their vacation home, she said.

When the D'Alessandros went to investigate, they saw that an 80-pound Doberman Pinscher was standing on a sandbar, half-submerged even at low tide. The dog, which disappeared from a nearby home some 12 hours before, was too weak to bark, she added, and could not get back onto land because of a several-foot-high canal wall.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Dolphins are my favorite animal..
Awesome creatures and very smart but they do have a dark side..
Their mating is sometimes more akin to rape..Or so the docos say...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Starred and flagged.

Dolphins are amazing creatures. If you've ever been around them, you know. I've been standing on deck and felt their gaze; you turn around and they are just observing you. There is definitely an intelligence there that is self aware and curious.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

how do you think they know

their smarter then us, it just so happens their stuck in the water with no fingers or legs to walk on

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thats the part that confuses me some. Dogs and Cats are easy animals to domesticate. Though, Dolphins, the way they act, seem to be self domesticated. They seem almost able to reason.

join