It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WI democrats start procedure to call back 8 GOP senators, democrats to take back control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
All of which have sided with the governor, of course.

Wisconsin Voters Launch Recall Campaign Against Eight GOP State Senators

Last month, ThinkProgress reported that Wisconsin law allows any elected official who has served at least one year of their current term to be recalled from office. Today, a group of Wisconsin voters took the first step towards invoking this recall process. According to a Wisconsin Democratic Party e-mail that was obtained by ThinkProgress:

This morning citizens from around the state took the first steps by filing recall papers against key Republican Senators who have stood with Scott Walker and pushed his partisan power grab that will strip thousands of middle class teachers, nurses, librarians and other workers of their right to collective bargaining. And we learned just last night that their disastrous budget that will cut millions from our schools and universities. . . .

Make no mistake, these Republican Senators are vulnerable to recall for their radical partisan overreach. Senator Randy Hopper won his last election by just 184 votes. And Alberta Darling won her last race by only 1,007. By recalling just three of the eight Senators [Democrats] are targeting, [Democrats] can regain control of the Senate.

Democrats taking back the control of the legislature would be quite something.

edit on 4-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
why am I getting distinct flashbacks
of hanging chads in Florida right about
now ???

for cripe's sake,
you Dems go back to work.
holding WI hostage on ur whims
is no better than Al Queda.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

By God, now that's democracy at work! I hope the Dems make it! S & F.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

It's not the Dems holding Wisconsin hostage. It's an idiot Rep governor with a union-busting agenda. The unions agreed to all the cutbacks, yet Gov. Bozo wants one more thing - to end collective bargaining. I hope this bites him right in the ass.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Don't bother feeding the trolls.

Boondock has shown over the past months that he is a neo-con masquerading as a -- wait -- he isn't even pretending to be anything else anymore.

edit on 4-3-2011 by FalselyFlagged because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Personally, when times are tough I tighten the purse strings and make due with what I have. When you can't make ends meet, you cut back. Government should do no less than that with what they have.
If the Democrats feel so strongly about blowing their economy I can only point them towards the status of my state of residence: California. Feel free to follow the precedent Democrats have set here and elsewhere and are continuing to push the envelope with.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Do you not read the news? The union members AGREED to the economic cut backs. All they want is their right to bargain with NON economic issues. How is that "ruining the economy"?

Actually, its the opposite, its "tightening the purse strings" like you said.. But its not enough for Walker. He wants to abolish them completely.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So, if they do recall enough of the republicans, what would stop them(GOP) from do this same thing in one years time? How is this type of infantile "back & forth" one upping of BOTH partys helping the average Wisconsin? They are both wasting huge sums of money just being on the payroll, except instead of doing a job they attack one another wasting TIME. Who here has a magical spell to get all that wasted time back...I know I don't, do they? I think not.

At some point everyone will have to make a simple descision, either except lower pay based on what a state can actually afford, or drive the state to bankruptcy with high wages and pensions that are totally undeserved.
edit on 3/4/2011 by LordBaskettIV because: spello

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So the Dems won't do their job and run away to another state, and the Dems constituients want to recall the Republicans? Well, if they are recalled, will the Dems go back to work? Seems like a big group of kids who can't get along on the playground. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh Obama? What a bunch of whiny losers!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Step by step, it's circling back around.
Was all of this planned before Governor Walker was to be sworn in?
Silly question I know but during the first week of protesting I've been wondering about it. Did the Dem's wait for Gov. Walker to make his move before they could pull their card?

Make no mistake, these Republican Senators are vulnerable to recall for their radical partisan overreach.

This quote from the OP cracks me up! Republican Senators radical partisan overreach? Because they stood with Walker?
I have to give it to the Democrats, they sure know how to put up a fight.

Imo, the 2012 elections will be very interesting to say the least.
I think the WI Dem's and the public unions know it's do (now) or die, lol.
I don't think they will be successful. They just have to learn to stand on their own two feet instead of standing on the feet of the taxpayers.
I predict Senator Marco Rubio will enjoy this
I know I will.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
So the Dems won't do their job and run away to another state, and the Dems constituients want to recall the Republicans? Well, if they are recalled, will the Dems go back to work? Seems like a big group of kids who can't get along on the playground. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh Obama? What a bunch of whiny losers!

Not as pussy as the TEA party you must admit, drama queen pussies threatening violence and then denying it.
The TEA party gang are again acting like a bunch of busters, gotta defend the government when it suits them.

I

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
now ???

for cripe's sake,

AL Queda?

Why don't y'all pass a new patriot act?

Put these terrorists away and suspend the constitution

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Don't worry, they will.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

C'mon, both sides threaten violence and deny it.....
As I said, kids on a playground.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

It just goes to show you these democrats are in bed with the Unions and all the Unions care about is keep their power to increase their pay anytime they want. Whatever happen to earning your money.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by boondock-saint
now ???

for cripe's sake,

AL Queda?

Why don't y'all pass a new patriot act?

Put these terrorists away and suspend the constitution

OBAMA did extended the Patriot Act for 3 months.
Not very bright are you.

Obama signs temporary extension of Patriot Act
edit on 4-3-2011 by Ancient Champion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged
Don't bother feeding the trolls.

Boondock has shown over the past months that he is a neo-con masquerading as a -- wait -- he isn't even pretending to be anything else anymore.

lol

well it's not the first time I've been called
names on ATS.

just call it the way I see it,
if you wanna attach a label
be my guest

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is only in response to the recall efforts of 9 Democrats.
Paperwork was filed in the recall effort against my Senator on Thursday, Feb. 24th.

top topics

join