It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF Let Hundreds of U.S. Weapons Fall into Hands of Suspected Mexican Gunrunners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

ATF Let Hundreds of U.S. Weapons Fall into Hands of Suspected Mexican Gunrunners

www.publicintegrity.org

Hoping to score a major prosecution of Mexican drug lords, federal prosecutors and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives permitted hundreds of guns to be purchased and retained by suspected straw buyers with the expectation they might cross the border and even be used in crimes while the case was being built, according to documents and interviews.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
misplacedtexan-jrwondra.blogspot.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
U. S.-Approved Arms Exports Source of Mexican Syndicates Rising Firepower
ATF caught allowing guns into Mexico!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Some of us have known that the US was behind the supplier if outlaws or the enabling of Mexican sources to arm our drug "opposition."

Unfortunately, it's hard to call armed mercenaries the "opposition,"when you are their greatest benefactor and supporter.

We have been slipping arms to the south for years without any accountability for their ultimate destination.

www.publicintegrity.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This does not surprise me one bit, i have seen first hand how they work, and they wonder why it comes back to bite them you know where. Some one must have forgotten the RFID chips to track them, that or no funding for that part of it.
edit on 4-3-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

It has long been rumored that that US Dept. of State has been supplying So. American and Central American insurgencies with our weapons.:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I think it is all a big bunch of BS.

Somebody made an awful lot of money "selling" these guns to the Mexicans and making it look part of a sting operation. This happens all the time.

The Mexican Army usually trades their weed for our guns.

They just don't bother making it look like a legit trade or even like some stupid mistake, as was clearly done here.

Somebody should end up in jail for this. They won't, but they should.

edit on 4-3-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

well here is the ATF agents own words, i hope you have video www.cbsnews.com... it is in print as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I know. I saw the story myself. Rather unbelievable to say the least. Somebody's head should roll for this lousy bit of strategy. Still...we have always had a long standing guns for drug business with the Mexicans going under the radar. Trouble is the cartels have gotten too large and powerful comprising the governments own army in some cases. This is like finding a trustworthy Iraqi soldier who is not somehow affiliated with the Taliban. Where once these cartels were on the fringes...they are now mainsteam, accepted and local folk heros.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I tried doing a thread in this very topic a while back.Thread It seems that this got buried in the press for the most part. A few days ago this was brought to my attention. CBSNEWS
The issue here is this was allowed to happen so they [The ATS] could get a big head-line.

new topics

top topics

join