It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Bible, words taken out...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Garfee

I understand that you're not a believer. Great. Go do your thing elsewhere. I'm not going to answer someone who obviously doesn't want to learn anything, but rather just ridicule people that believe differently than he.

You know what? I think I will do my thing right here thank you very much. Don't tell me I don't want to learn anything, I am very open minded and spent 4 years at university when I was younger. Obviously I am open to learning.

Prove the bible is real. Go on, do it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Don't tell me I don't want to learn anything,

Calling a religious text a steaming pile of horse crap really makes things look like you don't.

I am very open minded and spent 4 years at university when I was younger. Obviously I am open to learning.

Going to University doesn't mean that one wants to learn. There are plenty of kids in universities today that are there just so they can get a piece of paper; they don't care at all about learning. But again, calling a religious text a steaming pile of horse crap really doesn't make it too obvious that you want to learn about the topic. Rather, it gives the very strong impression that you have already made your mind up about the issue and that you won't accept anything that is said.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Doesn't suprise me in the least, man has used the same tactics throughout history, reformations of Christianity or "new age" Bhuddism. Scientology uses similar techniques to attract attention and membership (and money)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Garfee

Don't tell me I don't want to learn anything,

Calling a religious text a steaming pile of horse crap really makes things look like you don't.

I am very open minded and spent 4 years at university when I was younger. Obviously I am open to learning.

Going to University doesn't mean that one wants to learn. There are plenty of kids in universities today that are there just so they can get a piece of paper; they don't care at all about learning. But again, calling a religious text a steaming pile of horse crap really doesn't make it too obvious that you want to learn about the topic. Rather, it gives the very strong impression that you have already made your mind up about the issue and that you won't accept anything that is said.

Yes, after careful study I consider the bible to be a steaming pile of horse sh*t just as one after such study may come up with a different opinion. You just don't like my opinion.

I also challenged any believers to convince me or any others of a similar opinion that the bible is not at all complete and utter manure.

Please do.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

No offence but changing words in the bible, to help people today better understand what it's saying is ridiculous. Why is todays society - mostly the American people, not educated enough to understand proper english?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheForgottenOnes
reply to post by bekod

No offence but changing words in the bible, to help people today better understand what it's saying is ridiculous. Why is todays society - mostly the American people, not educated enough to understand proper english?
Because your so-called "proper english" doesn't exist and never has? What are you going to do, draw a line in the sand at 1611 when the King James version was finished and say "no more changes to vocabulary, grammar, or new forms of self expression after this point???

Some of the issues with old language vs current language:
When you hear the word "fag" do you think bundle of sticks? Cigarette? Homosexual?
When you hear "ass", do you think donkey or buttocks?
Etc...
edit on 2011.3.23 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Some of the issues with old language vs current language:
When you hear the word "fag" do you think bundle of sticks? Cigarette? Homosexual?
When you hear "ass", do you think donkey or buttocks?
Etc...
edit on 2011.3.23 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

It's all about differences between British and American English! IMO, British English is proper English - the other, is simply a separate language called 'American'!
It's always made me laugh that Americans think 'ass' (donkey) means buttocks. Is this cause you guys are so into euphemism?
A faggot is a bundle of sticks, or a Scottish dish - a fag is a cigarette.
I was reading the other day about messianic miracles, and I had a bit of a laugh, as the American writer carefully explained that a 'dumb demon' was a mute one and not a stupid one! That should not need explaining... and I wondered how many Americans over the decades had imagined Bart Simpson or someone similar?
More globally, the KJV is a bit of a dead loss in many respects.
Even non-Americans have had trouble with a phrase such as "God is no respecter of persons".. That does not mean "God doesn't care about/respect people", but "God doesn't favour some people over others"...

Vicky

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
To the Op... The Kings James Version has slowly and methodically removed God's name Yahweh or Jehovah out of the bible for centuries. How is this any different?

The Kings James Version is far less then perfect.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

It's a shame that we live in a day and age in which it is actually conceivable that mankind would edit Jesus out of the Bible. I almost feel sorry for the people that actually believe that they won't suffer the consequences of trying to negate God.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join