It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Bible, words taken out...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

this i did not know nor does it matter to me for i do not fallow the "MAN", the work the man has done is one of many.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Hey, I'm a Christian and I am against masons as much as any other Christian. But with that said, not all masons are bad, or even evil! Most are just mild mannered blue lodge 1-3 level folks who don't really know what god they are really worshiping (in the lodge).

King James had no effect of the group of 52 professors who created the KJV anyway.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This reminds me of a story I heard a long time ago. Let me see if I can tell it without messing it up. It has been a long time since I heard it.

A little boy came back from Sunday school one morning and his father asked him:.

“Well, what did you learn?”.

The little boy replied: “How the people of Israel were kept in Egypt and used as slaves by this guy called Pharaoh.”

“Oh?” said the father. “Then what happened?”

The little boy went on

“A guy named Moses tried all these special effects on them.

It was really wicked.

He turned the river to blood, he covered the Egyptians with frogs, and bugs, and boils.
He beat them down with hailstones, and locusts, and scared them with an eclipse of the sun.

He started killing their cattle and then finally killing their oldest kids.”

“And did it work?’ his Dad asked

“Well, Pharaoh lets them go after the kids were killed, but then he sent his army after them.”

“And then what?”

“Well . . . Moses calls in the Israel air force. And they strafed the Egyptian tanks and destroyed them on the ground. They also gave cover while the engineers lay down this pontoon bridge across the Red Sea.

And then the people of Israel crossed over without getting their feet wet.
But when the Egyptian army got on the pontoon bridge, the air force came back and bombed it , and the Egyptians drown.”

“Is that what your teacher told you?” his father asked

“Well, not exactly. But if I told it the way she did, you’d wouldn’t believe me!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Austrailia was a prison of banishment from society for those of poor morals mate . It shows .

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The only Bible that should be trusted is the one written in it's original language (Aramaic, Hebrew, ?) but then the only way to read it would be to learn the original language, so it's a catch 22 right from the beginning.

The good book has been translated many times over the centuries and each time it has slightly twisted a bit here and a bit there.
Example: the statue of Moses in Rome (at that Vincoli church, before my camera got stolen, damn gypsies) portrays him with horns because something was lost in translation and what should have been "rays of light" at the the time was mistranslated to the word "horns".

I'm sure Satan has played a part in these translations to some degree for the purpose of diluting the word of God over the years, and now if you think about it, he seems to have succeeded.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by The Djin

Austrailia was a prison of banishment from society for those of poor morals mate . It shows .

You vindicate any argument that you are unintelligent, when you stoop to such comments instead of keeping on-topic and providing actual debate relevant to the OP.

I'd do so myself but already have an it's been ignored by the likes of you. Why debate with one that will only attempt to insult in retun and instead of strengthening their argument, it crumbles as it always does because there is no fact, just poisonous remarks when they get upset.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The only Bible that should be trusted is the one written in it's original language (Aramaic, Hebrew, ?) but then the only way to read it would be to learn the original language, so it's a catch 22 right from the beginning.

Really now? And would you like to show me where any of these "original language" manuscripts are? You do know none of the "originals" are around anymore, heck, they where all gone by 500AD. (thanks to catholics)

The only reason we have any Bible now-a-days are because of TRANSLATIONS!

So you either believe God, or you don't.

Psalm 12:6-7 "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."

So either God lied, or you are correct. I'll take my chances with God thank you.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
well i think it really doesn't matter, i believe the holly spirit leads a person to a version they can understand.
and if you are truly seeking knowledge of God, it will be given to you.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KingKeever1611

it is nice to see that some still try to let the other side see the light, i gave up , for the time is at hand that there is no more convincing.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

The vanity of man has never allowed for a God above him . The Dead Sea Scrolls have not refuted the Bible . It's evident that the Bible has not been inspired of man but of God . The very situation that this world is in now and the conspiracy of the Ashkenazi Jews to move us to the global government and money ( Mark of the Beast ) and the relentless attack on Jesus has been told of in the Bible for over 2,000 years . Tell me of any other book that has predicted this .

I am curious to know which part of the Bible you find this accusation against the Ashkenazi Jews in. Is it because the last two syllables sound like 'Nazi'?
Assuming you are a Christian, asre you aware just HOW FAR your faith has fallen from the apple tree? Do you know how badly 'Christianity' is infected with Greek thinking, gnosticism and heretical ideas like dualism?
Would Jesus recognise His own church? Rheotorical question. He knows His children.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

I am Christian . Jesus made reference to the Pharisees as being those that say they are Jews and are not but the sons of satan . Remember the money changers he threw out of the Temple . We have that same bunch today . If you look up Ashkenazi Jew you will see that this is a mixed group of people with Jewish blood and forced converts . The Ashkenazi Jews ( Rothschilds , Banksters ) backed Hitler with money . Hitler was said to have Jewish ancestry .Nazi is not an errant phrase .There are Gods Remnant of Jews that are real Jews .
Gods chosen such as Judas Iscariot had a job to do and so do the Banksters . Jesus said I chose you 12 and one of you a Devil . God is not limited by our simple thinking . When he chose the Jews he chose them to carry out all phases of the operation not a singular phase as we think . God himself is Omnipotent , he has created good and evil as said in Isaiah 45 verse 7 . A necessary evil in order to define good .These Banksters are not followers of good . In fact Satan is their god . It's all in the bible , such as the love of money is the root of all evil .
An interesting read is " Eugenics Quotes" . There you will see the mindset of these people who are driving the New World Order . Still they are following Gods plan because they were chosen to do so .
To see Gods hand at work look at all media sources , banking leadership , economic leadership , moral leadership through out the world .The WTO , CFR , Trilateral Commission World Bank . All headed by them .
We are moving directly into the Great Tribulation at a fast pace ..

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

its okay to dismiss it as a fairytale...Especially given the history and especially given the modern official story that being taught people. I think its coming around now though people are starting to actually read the bible and find such gross errors in the official stories we have been fed atleast the last 100 years.

I was the same way raised southern baptist, fire and brimstone, give all you can to Jews for there gods people and your trash compared to them, god is wrathful, your only hope is Jesus pray to him praise him and he will save you. Thats just some I can think of off the top of my head.

As I am much older and started lloking for answers in life. I reread the bible and got a whole different message then the first time. Almost like my brain was filling in between the lines or rather piecing together what a passages meaning was not just the worded scripture itself. I began to see that everything Jesus teaches is stuff almost all religions even atheyst, hold to be true. ex Do what though wilst shall be the whole of the law, but love under will. Then I started to put together some of the things Jesus said with like say my understanding of Einsteins theories, and at that point oh man did the reality of his messages start becoming more than "fairytale" but became truth.

Always remeber the bible doesnt validate gods authority, god does...And he delivers that authority to you to each of us we are born with it (our life experience determines whether we keep it or not), in the the form of the "Holy Spirit" or spirit of truth, or divine consciencenous(i think i mispelled). We are divine in spirit so says Jesus. We are gods children, and as such we are do the rights of a son, so says Jesus. If we are do the rights of a son than life is ours to take if we chose, so says Jesus. We can always go the dark path, but the spirit wont follow, so says Jesus.

The gospel of John is the best read it really slows take you time and dwell on each scripture. The wisdom is there. The only failure is who is teaching you what it says.

Thats my take anyhow and its never let me down. my brother once said that I am the only person he has met who can fall into crap time and time again, but come out smelling like roses." I attribute that to the wisdom of the bible not the official version. Remeber Jesus did what he did to guide the "sheep" back home so they would know who they were to be. Not so we can worship him, he said. Rather that we find the fathers praise.

The one primary logic that doesnt fit in the offical story is the worship of Jesus as the father, when he clearly stated over in over he came to do the fathers will. If the son and father are completely one then why say it that way as son and father, why not just say father. And also on to that if as Jesus stated, once you eventually become accepted as a son, why do you continue to ask for the only begotten sons help. I mean what son ask his brother to help him talk to his father. Unless of course there is a division between a son and father. But once accepted that division should disappear and one should be able to speak to his father face to face so to speak not through a mediator.

Cross -- father, son and holy spirit, the holy trinity. I asked my pastor to explain this to me he did I wasnt satisfied didnt follow alot of what Jesus had said. So I said why am I not included...he just look at me like I am crazy. I said well without me/you/us/humans. They have no reason to exist..he was speechless. He said the light will exist without me..I said true it may but who cares we arent around to experience it. Anyone else hearing me here. He said well your flesh is darkness spirit is light went into adam eve blah blah we all heard the stories. My take was so darkenss and light oppose each other, he agreed I said so how do you use your dark eyes (reading the bible)and dark ears (hearing him speek) and dark brain (to put info together) to validate the light in yourself, you cant only the light can validate the spirit of truth for the world, flesh hates it.. he was speechless again started looking at his watch. I felt I had learned all I would ever need from him.

But after a long winded thought here I can understand the crazieness with the bible. I blame it all on the banker er I mean teachers. Remember Jesus doesnt save Jesus has already saved by agreeing to stand with you in judgement. he will stand with you before the father as your defence to be considered a son. He will not do the work for you.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonathannas0187
its okay to dismiss it as a fairytale...Especially given the history and especially given the modern official story that being taught people. I think its coming around now though people are starting to actually read the bible and find such gross errors in the official stories we have been fed atleast the last 100 years.

You are absolutely correct my friend. Your whole post spoke a lot of truth. If more took the time to actually read the New Testament and learned about Christ and what he was teaching, oh what a revolution this world would see.

Here is a condensed version of the New Testament if you are interested in taking a peek.

Christ is the Messiah

Keep shining the light my friend.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

Some of the "new" Bibles have up to 1/3 of the whole Bible missing now!

Care to give the name of a translation and examples of this "missing 1/3"?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That verse is talking about Revelation; not the Bible as a whole. Changing what word is used in a translation isn't adding or taking away from God's word at all anyway.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BodhiSeeker

Islam has it easier...

Until someone mentions that all the variant texts of the Koran were destroyed by Uthman and they just have to trust they he kept the right one!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

They did that because of the outroar about God condoning slavery.

No. They use "servant" (or bondservant) instead of "slave" because servant carries the meaning of the original better in modern English than slave does.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LightCraft

Not only had it been translated from the Hebrew to Greek, But from Hebrew to Aramaic, Greek to a multitude of other languages. And on & on.. So much was lost in translation over the years.

This is a common misconception.

When Bibles are translated today, they are done from the original languages—Greek and Hebrew. It's not like when the translators of the ESV (my preferred English translations) did their work, they went and got the Luther 1984, which was translated from a French Bible, which was translated from a Spanish Bible, which was translated from an Italian Bible, which was translated from Latin, which was translated from Greek, which was translated from Hebrew.

When I look at my English Bible, it's from the original languages. The same is true with any other language.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Shystargazer

Some of the "new" Bibles have up to 1/3 of the whole Bible missing now!

Care to give the name of a translation and examples of this "missing 1/3"?

Care to give me some actual facts from the bible?

*No place names or wars, factual evidence that the entire bible isnt a steaming pile of unholy horse sh*t.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I understand that you're not a believer. Great. Go do your thing elsewhere. I'm not going to answer someone who obviously doesn't want to learn anything, but rather just ridicule people that believe differently than he.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join