It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Bible, words taken out...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Does nobody read the term and conditions at the very last page of the bible ,the copyright scripture,I mean come on,this was the first ever book,medium copyrighted.
REVELATION 22:19

and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book. 20He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Quite a eye opener,huh

edit on 5-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djinn

Faith and wisdom . You can't learn that in school . The vanity of man has never allowed for a God above him . The Dead Sea Scrolls have not refuted the Bible . It's evident that the Bible has not been inspired of man but of God . The very situation that this world is in now and the conspiracy of the Ashkenazi Jews to move us to the global government and money ( Mark of the Beast ) and the relentless attack on Jesus has been told of in the Bible for over 2,000 years . Tell me of any other book that has predicted this . If you have the wisdom given of God you could see why there is an attack on Jesus ( the Gentile religion ) and who is behind it . Mel Gibson had a bout with the same bunch . That same chose bunch is now herding us into the profile of world unity where we will be subject to a world leader and world economy and the Mark .
I am saying this because only the bible which I believe to be the Word of God has provided an explanation of why we are moving in this direction when it is not practical both politically and economically . Also in Israel the build up to the battle of Gog and Magog is happening now and this will likely impact you very soon .
Faith and wisdom aside the Bible is logically true with all of the prophecy coming to fruition right before us .
I'm over 60 and have seen a lot of things , am more scientific in nature than philosophical but I can see the logic in the bible and the truth . The KJV does not dilute the word of God for the weak of heart .

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Faith and wisdom . You can't learn that in school . The vanity of man has never allowed for a God above him . The Dead Sea Scrolls have not refuted the Bible . It's evident that the Bible has not been inspired of man but of God . The very situation that this world is in now and the conspiracy of the Ashkenazi Jews to move us to the global government and money ( Mark of the Beast ) and the relentless attack on Jesus has been told of in the Bible for over 2,000 years . Tell me of any other book that has predicted this . If you have the wisdom given of God you could see why there is an attack on Jesus ( the Gentile religion ) and who is behind it . Mel Gibson had a bout with the same bunch . That same chose bunch is now herding us into the profile of world unity where we will be subject to a world leader and world economy and the Mark .
I am saying this because only the bible which I believe to be the Word of God has provided an explanation of why we are moving in this direction when it is not practical both politically and economically . Also in Israel the build up to the battle of Gog and Magog is happening now and this will likely impact you very soon .
Faith and wisdom aside the Bible is logically true with all of the prophecy coming to fruition right before us .
I'm over 60 and have seen a lot of things , am more scientific in nature than philosophical but I can see the logic in the bible and the truth . The KJV does not dilute the word of God for the weak of heart .

Faith and wisdom are enemies in the game of religion. By the way, if you're over 60 and "seen a lot of things", I'd have hoped you wouldn't have turned to fairy tales in order to alleiviate your fear of non-existance in death as it rushes toward you.

Go outside and play in the sun because that is what you are searching for.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

As you age that is you do you will gain wisdom . I can only assume that you are very young because you have not impressed me with wisdom . You first of all likely voted for Obama and believe that this down turn in our economy is temporary . You probably don't have an idea on whats driving our world economy into oblivion and don't care as long as you can get your stash.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

As you age that is you do you will gain wisdom . I can only assume that you are very young because you have not impressed me with wisdom . You first of all likely voted for Obama and believe that this down turn in our economy is temporary . You probably don't have an idea on whats driving our world economy into oblivion and don't care as long as you can get your stash.

I am not very young but I am younger than you. I am also not here to impress you with wisdom. I did not vote for Obama because I am an Australian and New Zealander. I work for a bank and know quite well what drives economies.

If you are not able to present an on-topic rebuttal, even if it be bible nonsense, then you have nothing to offer.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

No, fundamentally, Hebrew cannot be adequately put into ANY language because Hebrew words have more than one connotation and many nuanced shades of meaning.

Er, that's actually true of all languages! They all have words with more than one connotation and nuanced shades of meaning...
The NT was written in Aramaic and Greek - but I forgot, you don't rate the NT, do you?
Vicky

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Vicky32

What you say is true but why change the text, if i say "the tax is a holocaust to me and mine" and replace it with "the tax is a burnt offing to me and mine" do you know see how this can be well confusing

Not in the slightest, no! (Mind you, I wouldn't have had a problem with Holocaust either, because the Jewish thing isn't the first thing I think of when I see the word, neither is 'booty' an issue, but I see where it might be for Americans...

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I doubt that you have looked beyond your own responsibilities . Have you looked at why your bank answers to the whims of the World Bank . I guess that your country suffered from the real estate bubble also . And I'm sure that you will be dealing with Austerity measures too ! The NWO and the economic movement to a One World Currency is proof the bible is true . But you could not process that information.
I was on topic about biblical information . You were refuting the Bible not if words were left out or changed .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
correct me if i am wrong but my point that it is causing a bigger rift for the believers to explicit to the non delivers the word is true.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

I doubt that you have looked beyond your own responsibilities . Have you looked at why your bank answers to the whims of the World Bank . I guess that your country suffered from the real estate bubble also . And I'm sure that you will be dealing with Austerity measures too ! The NWO and the economic movement to a One World Currency is proof the bible is true . But you could not process that information.
I was on topic about biblical information . You were refuting the Bible not if words were left out or changed .

If one huge prophecy in the bible turned out to be true, it doesn't mean the whole thing is. Are you sure it's not story telling, allegory or just plain old mumbo jumbo serving best those that wrote it?

Not to mention the original language of much of it is so difficult to interpret correctly and what has been interpreted has been chopped and changed so often that it barely resembles itself.

Christians spout that it is the word or god but it is the words of men, serving their purpose and never meant to end up in one book - certainly if any changes were going to be made it should be to include all writings that were excluded by the council of Nicea and a reasonable effort to correctly interpret the whole thing would be made?

Of course not. The bible isn't the word of god, it's politics.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Faith and wisdom . You can't learn that in school .

Perhaps wisdom is best described as learning by other peoples mistakes which I'm all for.
And faith ? Believing something without the need of corroborating evidence of any sort , frankly I's an insult to education to teach a child such a ludicrous thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Did you know that another big prophecy is about the use of nuclear weapons during this next war ? Zachariah 14 verse 12. Ezekiel 38 & 39 tells us of this upcoming war and the participants . And also of the Temple being rebuilt . It's not one prophecy but the convergence of many major prophesies to that point called the Great Tribulation . That should be some interesting reading for you . I'm sure that you read fiction so don't let that be a problem for you spending some time reading another book .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Mister I didn't just throw my self at this matter as you imply . I have been just like you . But then also I have been objective in my assessment of what I believe . I have found that man has a propensity to believe only what he can see or what someone that he believes to be an authority puts forth . Like scientist that Carbon dates things out to millions of years . And projects theoretical life out to millons of years . carbon Dating is not good for more than 60,000 years at the very most . Yet you people gobble it up because you can't or will not check it out . Thats Faith wouldn't you say . The old saying Garbage in = garbage out . Are you sure what you believe in .
If things turn out as it appears you will not have to wait long to see if your right or wrong . If I'm wrong I will be red faced , If it's you thats wrong God help you and the family you sent to hell with you . You better be damn sure .

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Its nothing "new" sadly. There was already 233 "new bible" on the market since the King's Bible of 1611.

This will just make fake bible #234

Mostly just for money, but many new bibles are made to destroy the truths found in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Garfee

Did you know that another big prophecy is about the use of nuclear weapons during this next war ? Zachariah 14 verse 12. Ezekiel 38 & 39 tells us of this upcoming war and the participants . And also of the Temple being rebuilt . It's not one prophecy but the convergence of many major prophesies to that point called the Great Tribulation . That should be some interesting reading for you . I'm sure that you read fiction so don't let that be a problem for you spending some time reading another book .

I don't know why you assume I haven't read the bible?

Back on topic, I think the point you keep missing is obvious - The bible is folklore, there might be truth in it somewhere but it's rather difficult to find it due to the politics of how it came about. There are also lies in it and as it is today, cannot be used as a guide to morality.

It is an interesting collection of works on prophecy though, and I find it a good read - if a little violent and sexualized for my taste.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KingKeever1611

thank you for keeping this thread on track when you get a chance post some bible text from the different ones and lets see just how one or two verses differ from different Bibles.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by bekod
Yes we well, they are coming out with a new bible. To me... well it will give the non believers more ammo to say "How can you believe the word" here is the link, i could not believe my eyes, what about you?
news.yahoo.com...

I don't get what's your problem with it?
It's a popular myth that the Bible has been changed/edited/altered over the last 2K years, and it's another myth that the KJV is more accurate than any other translation - in some ways, it's seriously flawed, not to mention the fact that languages evolve, and English has changed considerably since 1611.
I read the article, and seriously, there's nothing wrong with the new translation! Don't fall into bibliolatry it's not all there is to the faith.
Vicky
edit on 4/3/11 by Vicky32 because: (no reason given)

It is no myth. A few years ago they replaced the word "slave" with "servant". All the online bibles I've found and the bible I have at home which is a few years old uses the word "servant" now. They did that because of the outroar about God condoning slavery. How much else have they changed over the years and became the "original translation"?

There are many many passages in the bible which makes it unsuitable for children and it won't be long for those passages to be edited as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Mister I didn't just throw my self at this matter as you imply . I have been just like you .

Highly unlikely mate

But then also I have been objective in my assessment of what I believe . I have found that man has a propensity to believe only what he can see or what someone that he believes to be an authority puts forth

Indeed christianity calls this Faith.

. Like scientist that Carbon dates things out to millions of years . And projects theoretical life out to millons of years . carbon Dating is not good for more than 60,000 years at the very most .

What in the blazes are you talking about ?

Do you have a problem with science ? Do you not see a doctor when your ill ? Do you not take the medication he suggests ? Did your computer appear in front of you by magik ? Are you communicating with me through prayer ?

Yet you people gobble it up because you can't or will not check it out . Thats Faith wouldn't you say

Do I take it that you tested every component of of your motor car before accepting it wasn't demons that propelled it from A to B after all ?

The old saying Garbage in = garbage out . Are you sure what you believe in .

I have no beliefs mate, but I do have opinions, unlike beliefs opinions are quite easy to change. Next time I drive to the shops but not get anywhere I can possibly assume that the science behind the automobile was unsound and find another mode of transport such as a bicycle. Oops just forgot the science of gravity can't be real so my bike would surely float off into space.

If things turn out as it appears you will not have to wait long to see if your right or wrong . If I'm wrong I will be red faced , If it's you thats wrong God help you and the family you sent to hell with you . You better be damn sure .

Ah the obligatory, if you can't get them to think like you then threaten them with something really scary like the imaginary hell.

Dude if hell were real I'd sooner go there than hang out perpetually grovelling to a nut job like Yawhe .

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingKeever1611
reply to post by bekod

Its nothing "new" sadly. There was already 233 "new bible" on the market since the King's Bible of 1611.

This will just make fake bible #234

Mostly just for money, but many new bibles are made to destroy the truths found in the Bible.
Considering King James was a Freemason, I'm surprised more people here haven't labeled the KJV a masonic conspiracy...

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
one of the reasons i have so many bibles and now can be found on line is the word can be found in it true text as seen here bible.cc... the word that is there is one of the most misinterpreted, just one of many.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join