It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone notice how Jon Stewart was cut off.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
He was cut off right at the end of the show today at night... cant find a YouTube worthy enough yet... such BS, today as today was ending.

He was talking about Education is a load of BS and how we or per say politicians blame the teachers!
edit on 3/4/2011 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Any clue why he was cut off? Or could it just have been a miscalculation on the part of the station...?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Come on, it's not like it's live. If they intentionally edited it, they'd likely do a pretty good job of it.

link   
He was cut off due to his arguement about how America blame the teachers for the poor american education... you can see it if you watch it at the end of the show.

Fox

link   
You made a thread about this? Wait. I'm sorry, I didn't see it so I cannot tell whether a lot was cut off or just a word or two...but all I have to say is, "so?" I'll be the only guy in this thread to say this, I'm sure, but John Stewart is overrated. My sister and brother in law have a ton of his episodes DVR'ed because they can't miss an episode. I don't care what he has to say just like I don't really care what Beck has to say. Personally, I don't know what's so great about either of them. Eh, oh well. Sorry for ranting on your thread. If it was a lot that was cut off, well I hope you get answers or what not...but if it was just a word or so, it happens. It's not like he's the messiah or the leader of an alien race finally making contact with us. Sheesh.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
Come on, it's not like it's live. If they intentionally edited it, they'd likely do a pretty good job of it.

Serious... I've watched this show for years... I've never seen such deliberate attempt to hide opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Just got done watching it actually, surely we're both talking about the second showing - or are you talking about the first showing which was earlier tonight.

There was a moment of zen an' everything, he said good night, and now Colbert is cracking jokes.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I don't put much faith in Jon Stewart much anymore since i found out his brother was a wall street banker elite.
Stopped watchin Colbert too.
Too much mockery of truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

I can hardly express my gratitude to another of our brave citizens once again not researching nor viewing anything yet having such an express negitive opinion of something they have not known anything about...
once again ATS always amuses...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Reply to post by FoxStriker

As I said, I apologize for my rant. And that I didn't see what exactly happened. I normally keep my nose out of other people's business in a case like this, and will from now on...but I couldn't believe that the end of a show was cut off and everyone is making a big deal about it. As far as I'm concerned, there are bigger problems than this in the world. But who am I to tread all over this like I'm a 'somebody', please carry on with the thread. My apologies for having an opinion, I guess.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
it was cut off IMO because the show ran to long the colbert report starts right after it and it was 5 mins late starting atleast thats what my channel guide says the net work programming is running 5 mins over today so they were probly trying to make up time

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
reply to post by philosearcher

I can hardly express my gratitude to another of our brave citizens once again not researching nor viewing anything yet having such an express negitive opinion of something they have not known anything about...
once again ATS always amuses...

Seriously, stop being such a joke.

"I was watching this show and it ended abruptly. It's got to be a conspiracy! "THEY" shut him up as he was going on about the truth!"

Please.

Then you mock a poster for disagreeing. Very, very ATS my friend. Take some of your own mockery to heart.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

apologies... but were there no other part of the show that cut have been cut off??? anyone actually watching the show? there were tons of parts that held no merit to the show!!! yet one of the most important subjects to the show... Politics were cut off??? I call BS.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

And here I was hoping for better opinions... you misconstrue words, you offer no counter arguement... yet once again offer opinion based on no side,arguement or opinion... I guess we both suffer from ATS syndrome

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
i dont think u understand how tv works the show is filmed edited and sent to the network as a whole piece its a tape they will not edit it on the fly they just chop the end of it to make up time and the network was running behind so they cut to the next show it was most likely behind because of a movie running over earlier in the day and commercials being added and a miscalculation on allotted commercial time. this kind of thing happens all the time especially when the president makes a speech and the networks break in to cover it and the cut the show that was playing to get the schedule back on track
edit on 4-3-2011 by pez1975 because: typo

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
OP, you should watch that...

And then... well.

The problem is on both sides, from the politicians, who like a dumb population, to the TV education, to some teachers.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

You have to understand that I don't mean to disrespect to the opinions of others... but this is more than odd... its intentional... What ever was said was important enough to cut off... although you may disagree.. after watching the show for many years... there is something very off about the cut off... more so than average...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
there will be a rebroadcast of the show tomorrow and the network will be back on schedule so it will be interesting to see if they play the show in its entirety this will answer ur question i feel.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yeah, watched the show too.

Didn't cut off for me. I've got that state of the art gizmo that allows me to pause and rewind my shows. Moment of zen and everything.

If anything, he cut the woman off with his usual mockery of an important discussion. Though I like watching John Stewart, and am glad he at least had her on the show, I really don't see where that "bit" was cut off. All I saw was him cracking a couple jokes in the end, after she concluded her well-said speech on what is wrong with the way children are being treated, scholastically.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

If you set your standards of "worthy to listen to" as messiah or alien, you might be living in a vacuum.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join