It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish leaders condemn Day of Remembrance for expelled Germans!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Jewish leaders condemned plans to hold a remembrance for 12 million Germans forcibly removed from "Eastern Europe" after World War II.
www.jta.org...

How can this be true?
So many died in those notorious marches.
Entire villages disappeared.
I would have thought the Jews would have been the first people to understand the suffering of hapless civilians.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Yeah that seems quite odd to be honest. Why would they condemn something like that? what harm does it do to them?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
A song that still touches me.
A hidden "trail of tears" - "Die Vertreibung".
Maybe they were lucky - they were driven West.
Others went to Siberia in the snow... children, women, entire towns.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
How sad, really. But I suppose that's what happens when one group is intent on holding onto and forcing everyone to remember their own sad times... and not accepting that others suffered too.

And I am aware it is not the average Jewish person doing this, just a small minority.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Elan Steinberg, vice president of the American Gathering of Holocaust Survivors and their Descendants, called the proposal "a disgraceful distortion of history and
an abuse of truth and memory."

Hmm, I have my opinions as to whom did the twisting of history,truth and memory...

Seems like only Jews can be remembered as victims...
Sad for the other 40 odd million that perished..

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I was always pro-Israel, when most of the people in my country are against it.
I don't think I can sustain my position any more.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I would have thought the Jews would have been the first people to understand the suffering of hapless civilians.

My guess is that the majority of Palestinians would tend to disagree.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Before one condemns the Jewish stand, in all honesty for the sake of truth to set us all free, do find out why the germans were expelled after WW2.

If we are to sympathise with the germans, then who are going to sympathise with those that the germans had expelled before replacing themselves there with even with more brutalities during WW2 in the conquering Nazi blitz that rounded ethnic eastern european people, murdered them or ship them off their homelands into slave colonys?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

In all honesty, I wouldn't necessarily label it the "Jewish stand" as much as the "Zionists' stand". Unfortunately, it tends to be the Zionists that attain positions of power and influence thus becoming the talking heads.
edit on 3/4/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Before one condemns the Jewish stand, in all honesty for the sake of truth to set us all free, do find out why the germans were expelled after WW2.

If we are to sympathise with the germans, then who are going to sympathise with those that the germans had expelled before replacing themselves there with even with more brutalities during WW2 in the conquering Nazi blitz that rounded ethnic eastern european people, murdered them or ship them off their homelands into slave colonys?

I think the question is, "when do we move on ? "
No race has a perfect record, including the jews..

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

In all honesty, I wouldn't necessarily label it the "Jewish stand" as much as the "Zionists' stand". Unfortunately, it tends to be the Zionists that attain positions of power and influence thus becoming the talking heads.
edit on 3/4/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

Actually, I do admire their stand regardless of whatever organisation.

Now, if they would do the same to the Israeli settlers on occupied terroritories belonging to the state of Palestine, that would lend further credibility of their integrity.

Those greedy settlers have to give up and return back to Israel, and not hinder the aspirations of millions between the 2 new nations, just as those germans settlers had done, but of course, with better humanitarian assistance then the germans had to face. Then was poverty and hatred widespread, but now today we live in a better world or hopefuly a much more enlightened one..
edit on 4-3-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

These people replaced nobody.
Shlesien, Pommern, Thuringia, Sudetenland - the German people were always there.
German was once spoken much wider than English, and German communities were everywhere.
These were farmers and villagers.
No re-resettlement on any significant scale could take place during the war.
Maybe sporadically, but not 12-17 million established German-speaking communities and towns.
How can people even think these were settlers who established themselves between 1939-1945?
Not all of them were Nazis, and not all the Nazis knew of Jews or the holocaust.
In fact, there were Jews in the Vertreibung who went to Siberia because they spoke German!
(The Soviets weren't too specific.)
It was sheer spite and genocide.

The promised Nazi "Lebensraum" was really the Ukraine with its "bread-basket" crop potential.
However, it never came to fruition.
The Nazis did try to empty the land, but they also had other worries, such as the war.
It all was atrocious, but the Germans in the Vertreibung were not "settlers", and they did not cause this.

edit on 4-3-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Time to remember the Million that Pol Pot murdered, the piles of skulls left behind by the Mongols on their westward
rampage, the rape on Nanking by the Japanese, the starved to death in India (by the Brits), the North American Indians, the Australian Aborigines, The Spanish in South America, The Brits and the concentration camps in South Africa, read world history!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
They don't want to lose their long established monopoly on "suffering" and forced guilt acknowledgement.

To Acknowledge the suffering of others would undo decades of work to keep them at the top of the persecuted list, and reduce their ability to use as emotional blackmail the events of WWII.

How can they keep trying to screw the rest of us for ever more money for "Holocaust Survivors", if it is shown that a greater number of other innocent people suffered just as much and lost everything. I mean, people migh just start to question the whole scam!

edit on 4-3-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well what I'm learning increasingly is that Celtic and Germanic peoples are on their own.
Due to our customs we are outnumbered, our history of oppression is ignored, and our contributions to the world (which all the racists against us heartily enjoy) are dismissed.
Across the globe - male/female; gay/straight (our culture allows choice) we must stand together, or we will be extinct soon.
edit on 4-3-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I was always pro-Israel, when most of the people in my country are against it.
I don't think I can sustain my position any more.

It gets hard defending the indefensible.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
While I understand that many civilians did not support the Nazis, you cant blame the polish people expelling the Germans from their lands after WWII, just having experienced German mayhem of epic, earth-shattering proportions. This "Day of Remembrance" is of somewhat questionable intent.

Some Germans love to say "Ausschwitz was a concentration camp in Poland" but when it comes to their ancestors these places are suddenly German and not Polish...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Nice to hear another view!
In the music video I posted above it mentions the specific German-speaking regions.
It also has a map at the end with forced migrations and their numbers from various regions.
As you will see (if you watch) is that they are not big areas.
However, one thing Hitler did do unfortunately, he used German minorities across Europe to claim entire countries.
But just because Hitler used their name doesn't make them all guilty.
They were also victims.
While I understand people's anger at the time (or try to) I cannot see how this harms anybody else: to have one remembrance day.
If anything it should show that Germans too were victims of Hitler - a salient point methinks.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
How can they keep trying to screw the rest of us for ever more money for "Holocaust Survivors", if it is shown that a greater number of other innocent people suffered just as much and lost everything.

it's funny how holocaust is always about jews when in reality it was also about killing homosexuals, gypsies, handicapped etc.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I suppose it was really about distributing labor after the war's de-population.

top topics

join