It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation Advice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Take a read into this part of my thread series,

www.abovetopsecret.com... ,

maybe it helps...

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim Irie

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There are a few other threads about the same thing too, which have good advice as well.

Meditation is a personal thing, inherently. You must find your own way, but others can help by showing theirs. Do not take what another says on such things to be applicable to yourself beyond as a signpost.

Though, i would say, focusing on things like chakras is a bit like missing the forest for the trees. Dont get caught up in the "sparklies" and shiny things
when we do that, our limited perspectives start to become our definitions in which we base our bias. Such biases are based solely from the perspective derived from the mind, and its thoughts. In hindsight, the initial lesson to be learned was how to realize ones mind-based perspective as part of our experiential being. I liken this process to computer code. Most are simply code that is running and running, responses are programmed based on the aforementioned bias. Then, one starts to observe the code being written (realizing our perspective, and mind, as single parts of a larger system, even if only speaking of our physical body). Then, one starts to actually write the code and observe it simultaneously. My own realization of the third step is detailed here. What is attempted to be discovered is experiential and any words, concepts, or overall verbalizations that are used by anyone are simply all fingers pointing at the same moon. Meaning, what you are looking for is experiential and the "end goal," as it is currently perceived, is nothing more than the "true" starting line.

Every thought and concept we propose to figure it "out," in our personal experiential search, takes us one step further away from what we are looking for.

i think it was one of the following threads that i try to sum it up as "Meditation is to being and perspective as exercise is to muscle growth." Thats pretty much it.. There is nothing to be "gained" by meditation, it is changing ones perspective to include what was already there in the first place. things like "enlightenment" are illusions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Those are some that i have participated in, so i remembered them, but there are surely many more on this site.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Might not help the pain, but good meditation advice none the less
Click me...or not

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi Cord, i thought I'd drop in on your meditation thread. In Autobiography of a Yogi, we are told that Paramahansa Yogananda, who brough yoga to the West, spent many many hours in meditation. I found some neat Youtubes that have pictures of him. He is the very incarnation of Divine Love

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

One more cool vid
www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yogananda is in the lineage of the great Mahavatar Babaji, who is said to still reside in the mountains of the Himalayas.

www.youtube.com...

Babaji cave maintained by Self Realization Fellowship www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-3-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join