It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fallen Marine's father says anti-gay pickets will draw gunfire

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
SMR

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Fallen Marine's father says anti-gay pickets will draw gunfire

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- A day after the U.S. Supreme Court affirmed Westboro Baptist Church's right to protest against homosexuality at military funerals, the fallen Marine's father, who unsuccessfully sued the controversial Kansas congregation, warned that the church's protests will eventually spark violence.

"Something is going to happen," Albert Snyder told CNN Thursday. "Somebody is going to get hurt."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Anonymous vs Westboro baptist Church

SMR
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
While I in no way condone violence as such, It wouldn't hurt to have a few paint ball or pepper ball guns out there for these creeps.

How can they be allowed to spew their HATE like this. If I go out and call someone a 'faggot' I would be arrested and charged for a hate crime. Yet when these guys do it, it is protected under "Freedom of Speech" ? REALLY !?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
He can kill them all for all I care.

The US government has to consider them as criminals, because that's what they are, rising hate, provoking people that aren't in the mood to react calmly so they can sue them and steal them money ot of their sorrow.

You can't push out a leech easily, you have to burn it so it let its prey get away.

edit on 4-3-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

link   
edit on 3-3-2011 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
link   
Isn't it funny that people hate Westboro more than Westboro hates gays?

America is dying because people think they should get to kill others for their opinions.

Westboro has done nothing wrong. Not a single crime.

I just think people are turning into tyrannical psychopaths.

Most of you are all brainwashed into hating the Constitutional Protections our forefathers fought and bled for.

If you kill Phelps you are killing Freedom.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobbyTarass
He can kill them all for all I care, they are bugs and should be crushed as bugs.

How ignorant can someone be to actually think that?

What if I wanted to do this to you? I guess with your logic it's all good.

You are an enemy of freedom.

SMR

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I'm not saying "kill", anyone. I just think it is a load of crap that they are allowed to spew their hate, while anyone else doing the same would be arrested and charged with a hate crime. How do separate the two here ? I would love to hear it from anyone.

Perhaps anyone who wishes to "Hate" and get away with it, should just carry around a sign and call it "Freedom of Speech" ?

+49 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

He can kill them all for all I care, they are bugs and should be crushed as bugs.

If that makes me an enemy of freedom, I'm okay with it.

Let's imagine yor wife is dying of cancer, I'm entering the room, sing a few songs about how my life will be great when she'll pass away and tell you she's a bad person and deserve to die then wait for your reaction.

Hit me, I'll sue you, and I'll win.

Does it seems fair and intelligent to you ?

That's how your beloved "freedom of speech" is used, that's not how your founding fathers wanted it to be used and if you can't understand it I'm a bit sorry for you, because while I'm an enemy of freedom, you're an enemy of intelligence.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

He can think what he wants, you're the "enemy of freedom".

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
There is no "hate speech" crime in America.

Saying you hate someone is your RIGHT protected by LAW.

SO IRONIC.

The Soldiers go to die to protect freedom of speech and assembly, and yet EVERYONE wants to strip that VERY FREEDOM away the minute someone protests that soldier's funeral.

Hypocritical and ironic.

The only way to respect the fallen soldiers is to protest against Westboro peacefully.

Violence is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Bunch of barbaric cavemen I swear....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack

To protect freedom you must speak out against those seeking violence to destroy freedom.

I am a patriot.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

On the other hand giving the right to an hateful organisation to sue people because they reacted to WBC provocation during their son's burial must make you an enemy of intelligence and most propably one of the reason the US are running backward.

You don't give a gun to a retard, do you ? Don't give rights to those.

Oh little ol me, the ONLY PERSON STANDING UP FOR WESTBORO ON EARTH, is the reason America is going backwards. Right.

You and the rest of society whom hates Westboro (Mainstream Opinion), are the reason America is going backwards. You are the reasons freedoms are being stripped away.

You are actually protesting the soldiers death by wanting to diminish what he/she died for - FREEDOM. Their blood paid for it.

And in reality, Westboro is celebrating their sacrifice by exercising that Right Granted to them for the price of that precious blood.

It's quite an ironic twist.
edit on 4-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i understand the ruling on free speech. & I understand how hurt this father must be.
But how is what they are doing not some sort of hate crime? if I walked around spouting the stuff they say I would get arrested right? its still my free speech to call someone whatever hateful insult I want right

they are entitled to their free speech...but must they do it at funerals? Its just disrespectful to the dead, shouldn't there be something in place that they can't gather near any funeral? I am not talking about 1000 feet barrier type situation, like they cant be in a 3 mile radius. I duno, it just seems like that way people could mourn, and not have to deal with these westboro jerks.

How would they like it if we acted like they did at a funeral for one of their loved ones? How fast would they try to get us arrested or sued?

Its a very thin line between freedom of speech and spreading hate.

Would it be okay for the KKK to protest a minority funeral?

Its a weird situation....where can the line be drawn....

at any rate I dislike the westboro people, I think they are totally misguided by religion and more than likely aren't the kind of people that would get into heaven.

just my opinion though.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Kill em all.

Honestly, They are horrible people, they stand for everything wrong, and yea, i feel like something should be smacked into their heads. I dont care what type of person this makes me, i know what i think is right and what i think is wrong.

This to me = Wrong

I give props to the family's at those funerals for not freaking out on them yet. The fear of jail will curb alot of emotions, and they use that fear to protect themselves. There are some things that people do that need to be stopped, i understand the whole freedom thing, but CMON...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
While I in no way condone violence as such, It wouldn't hurt to have a few paint ball or pepper ball guns out there for these creeps.

...you contradicted yourself because that is condoning violence... wbc is scummy, imo - but - if you physically harm one of them, you're just as scummy as they are...

...they have their kids protesting with them... dont you think those kids are screwed up enough without you and the other pro-violence people launching paint balls or pepper balls at them?...

Originally posted by SMR
If I go out and call someone a 'faggot' I would be arrested and charged for a hate crime.

...thats bs...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack

Personally, I'd rather be an "enemy of freedom" than an apathetic bleeding heart. What if they wrote ''n-word'' on their signs instead of faggot?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Dude, read the news, they died for oil, it's not a secret anymore.

And please take a look at my last post, I wrote an exemple for all "patriots" so they can understand and quit expose themselves.

That's the whole problem with the kind of guy that you are, people make law, you guys read them and apply them without a second thought, you probably don't even understand the reason why they wrote that thing.

You make laws null because you can't integrate the human factor to the equation, you don't have the emapthy required, and rules without wisdom are just words without meaning.
That's why presidents/mayors and such are elected, because we think they can make the best choice according to the law and for the best of their people.

If we wanted the most competent in economics and the one able to apply laws as they are written, every president would be the one with the biggest CV, yet that's not the case, because people want's someone that's good with financial matters and who's the most human, they do not want a robot.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

On the other hand giving the right to an hateful organisation to sue people because they reacted to WBC provocation during their son's burial must make you an enemy of intelligence and most propably one of the reason the US are running backward.

You don't give a gun to a retard, do you ? Don't give rights to those.

Oh little ol me, the ONLY PERSON STANDING UP FOR WESTBORO ON EARTH, is the reason America is going backwards. Right.

You and the rest of society whom hates Westboro (Mainstream Opinion), are the reason America is going backwards. You are the reasons freedoms are being stripped away.

You are actually protesting the soldiers death by wanting to diminish what he/she died for - FREEDOM. Their blood paid for it.

And in reality, Westboro is celebrating their sacrifice by exercising that Right Granted to them for the price of that precious blood.

It's quite an ironic twist.
edit on 4-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Just like the post below this one, where do we draw the line between freedom of speech and hate crimes?? This is obviously a hate crime, they are disrespecting the fallen hero's of our nation, and spitting in the face of everything we stand for. You honestly dont mind that they do this? Thats why america has become weak, because we have learned to bow down to all this nonsense and accept it as right, when clearly its ass backwards. Like he says, some things are based upon common sense, something i feel a ton of people have lost. Just read a few threads on this forum to know what im talking about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join