It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant sign into youtube unless linked to google?!?!?!?!?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PjZ101

"what i meant by unedited was the freedom to post on whatever topic no matter how strange it may be for anyone to see.... without fear of being tracked or spied upon."

Are you serious? Everything we do, post, watch, link to, from where ever we do it, search it...is tracked and collected. How could you think the Internet is "free"? It is to an extent by allowing you to do whatever on it...but everything is tracked, recorded, documented and compiled by all sorts of agencies, servers, GOOGLE, AOL, YAHOO... even ATS keeps info. And if you close your accts with most? They still keep everything you ever did or visited.

This is why your comment really threw me. If there is any privacy on the Internet..please let us know where and how...thats been gone for quite a few years already

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: incredulous

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

You said, "I'm also a techie," and I just had to clear something up. I am a technological troglodyte; I consider myself lucky when I find the power button (not that bad really, but pretty darn close.
) I figured out a few things on my own, but most of the credit has to go to the Youtube lady. She was actually very nice.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This happened to me last year. I had to make a damn gmail account just to get into my youtube. It was so annoying.

I use to just log into my youtube and it would open my profile and show me as logged in. Then one day it told me I had to be logged into google as well, it was some new thing they were going to require soon. There was a link explaining it but it was last year so I dont really remember what their reason was but i know I didn't like it because I didn't like having to make a different account just to get into another. My flickr account is like that. I had to make a yahoo account to get into my flickr. It's a pain. I also don't like how youtube wants to link to my FB all the time. I will never link accounts like that.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
What we are now seeing is the linking by ownership and co-ownership of companies, creating a huge ability to track us over a wide variety of sources all the time. There really is no such thing as privacy. Everything we do, watch, order or visit...is tracked. If you want to visit...you'll have to play by the rules. Oh. And its THEIR-rules...........

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yeah, Newegg does site-to-site cookie tracking ads which kinda freaked me out after I went to newegg, and checked out a video card, then see a newegg ad on ATS or CNN --where ever it was showing me that same video card.. Its all cookies..

I allow newegg cookies, but I would rather have ads I am interested in than flashing "you're the 10000000000000th winner" crap

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Try "Spybot Search and Destroy" Free from download.com this may take care of your prob........Make sure you delete all files infected and re-boot, all should be well.....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
reply to post by PjZ101

Google owns Youtube, so they're asking you to merge two accounts with the same company. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. I can't even see a conspiracy side to this or anything since they're the same company, probably trying to do some optimization.

Its a way to keep track of people simple as that...they not only ask for your number but other details like your name address etc and if they cant contact you on this info you cant use it.i cant even delete any of my videos,have they got the right to do this without letting you manage the closing of your account first? ...F youtube and G im using daily motion and ask jeeves from now on.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
ya i told them too stuff it, hey im an old guy who remembers free internet.

I do too. I fled my youtube account as well, I don't have a google email account, and do not want one either. It is getting harder and harder to express yourself in an anonymous manner.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join