It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global government can not cooexist with individual liberty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I will simply state here that I do not see a way forward for global government that does not impede our individual liberty. The 2 ideas seems to be at an impasse. Any notion that says that we can sustain our God given rights in the face of harmonizing of our laws with those of foreign lands seems insurmountable to me. We are in a situation where noted Globalist openly and glibly state that the US can not survive without embracing globalization. They go on to state that our notions of constitutional government are old 18th century ways of thinking. I think this is nonsense. We have had the dominant political and cultural global system for several generations now. The world follows the US. We have not lead in liberty for some time so we seem less authentic to much of the world now.

What the world needs is not globalism in the control of big corporations. What the world needs now is the globalism of a free internet based education. Knowledge can be free if it is part of the commons of ideas of humankind. That needs to take root worldwide. Then we need to stop putting down the individual and instead we need to make everyone more important because they are human and by that fact they are our brother or sister.

The problem with the corp/gov state is that it defends the power of the controlling corporations and influence organizations and not the people. Individual liberty is being squashed but it in the foundation of a free state. The state seems to forget that the liberty of the people is the foundation of the progressive advance of human kind not the advance of the state over the liberty of the people.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It's been proven that Global Warming is a fraud, more and more people are waking up to it. Carbon offsetting is just a way for Al Gore to make money.

Also we can't force every nation to buy into. I do believe China ignores it and we can't really say anything to them about it because we get most of our stuff from them.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Actually, government cannot exist with total personal liberty. Period. Whether it's a world government, a national government, state, municipal, county, town, or even the rules set by your parents. government and liberty are actually mutually exclusive.

However, there is no way any society can function on total personal liberty. Compromises are made in the interests of overall prosperity and security. In this regard there really is no scaling difference between the rules of your parents, and the rules of a supposed world government; that is, you would be no more oppressed under a world government than you currently are under your current tiers of government.

The fear of a one-world government comes not from a desire for personal liberty, but rather an infantile, jingoistic machismo; its opponents (really proponents, since they're the only ones taking the idea seriously at this point) are mostly railing against the idea of their nation's sovereignty being compromised. The idea is emasculating to them; it's the notion of no longer being dominant and able to subjugate others' nations that they fear, not any loss of personal liberty.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BodhiSeeker

I would agree that the alarmist view of human made global warming is being used as a globalist tool for our oppression and further compliance to the globalist agenda. I will not say that there is not some significant climate engineering/change going on that is being done by humans either. It is a complex subject full of very different ideas and no real scientific consensus.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

I would agree that the alarmist view of human made global warming is being used as a globalist tool for our oppression and further compliance to the globalist agenda. I will not say that there is not some significant climate engineering/change going on that is being done by humans either. It is a complex subject full of very different ideas and no real scientific consensus.

Well there is HARRP I read about and seen some videos on it how they can mess around with the atmosphere and use ELF waves to penetrate the ground for natural resources. Thing is though ELF waves can manipulate emotions in humans depending on what degree it's changed to. It's pretty interesting and scary technology.
edit on 3-3-2011 by BodhiSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I think you are missing in your argument the basics of the world government efforts legal framework. The harmonizing of the differing legal systems into one global system as it has been presented by the globalist themselves. Why would you say that globalism is some notion of a fringe and not the obvious concerted efforts of a very powerful cabal that everyone on ATS knows by name and association? I see you have been around for some time so you get no slack in not being aware of the commons on knowledge of these subjects. What is your point as it relates to the thread subject?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Who says you're free now? Oh yeah, they do, over and over again. Just because someone says you're free, doesn't make it so. America is not the "most free country ever", and that is a fact. I don't care how many times you've heard it. It is not true.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The HAARP complex (High-frequency Active Auroral Research Project) is a congressionally initiated program jointly managed by the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy. HAARP is situated within a 23-acre lot in a relatively isolated region near the town of Gakona, Alaska. It consists of 180 towers, 72 feet in height, forming a "high-power, high frequency phased array radio transmitter" capable of beaming in the 2.5-10 megahertz frequency range, at more than 3 megawatts of power (3 million watts). This array is the most powerful in the world and is used in conjunction with at least one other powerful array in Alaska - HIPAS [HIgh Power Auroral Stimulation] used to steer the HAARP signal.
Source: www.hyperstealth.com...

The HAARP complex operates in the 2.5-10MHz frequency range. This is by definition not ELF. What is your source for that information may I ask?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

I think you are missing in your argument the basics of the world government efforts legal framework. The harmonizing of the differing legal systems into one global system as it has been presented by the globalist themselves.

And I think you're missing that there are literally hundreds of independent movements that could be called "globalist" on some level or another, many in active competition with one another. Those that are interested in a unified body of law actually tend to advocate legal statutes that benefit human and civil rights. Not all, of course, but that's the main thrust.

Why would you say that globalism is some notion of a fringe and not the obvious concerted efforts of a very powerful cabal that everyone on ATS knows by name and association?

"Everyone" on ATS also thinks Beyonce is a shapeshifting lizard who's working for a masonic order within the bowels of the Vatican, in an effort to institute Sharia law on Venezuela.

Know what the problem of this theory is? This cabal, for all their supposed power, must be some serious underachievers. Give me the hundreds of trillions of dollars they represent, and I guarantee you, I would rule the world, or at least significant portions of it. By contrast, the global wealthy "elite" seem to operate more on a Steve Urkel standard; "Did I do that?!" That is, it seems the impact they have seems to be more an unintended consequence of being so goddamned rich, rather than any actual motives.

We know that when the fabulously wealthy and connected so want something, they get it. GE wanted good US policy? They had their CEO pimpslap Reagan on live TV. "Subtle" and" shadowy" isn't in the lexicon, nor is "patient." These guys are, basically, high-stakes gamblers. When they want something they want it twenty minutes ago and they want everyone to know that they will be receiving it thirty minutes ago.

Interestingly, these people tend to oppose efforts at globalized law, since such laws actually tend to restrict the movement of capital, wealth autonomy, and exploitative working conditions. These folks practically depend on the repressive regimes and warlord states for their wealth, and these are exactly the sort of places that efforts at internationally codified law tend to target for reform.

I see you have been around for some time so you get no slack in not being aware of the commons on knowledge of these subjects.

Yup, I've been here around seven years (had an account only for five, though). Thus the comment about Beyonce being an iguana; I've pretty much seen it all here. However, being "aware" does not mean the same as "agreeing." I'm one of those little monsters known as a skeptic; Rather than just suckling at the teat of Alex Jones, I go out and learn all I can about the situation, I look at counterarguments, and all down the line and draw my own conclusion. it leads to a much less occluded and usually much more logical picture than practicing self-insulation.

Stick around for a while; by the fiftieth time you explain to someone that, no the Egyptians did not have filament light bulbs, you too will be entitled to roll your eyes at the notion of a comicbook-y "shadowy cabal"

What is your point as it relates to the thread subject?

That liberty and government are mutually exclusive; they must be compromised for a successful society. Also that a potential "world government" is, all things considered, likely to be no better and no worse than the national government that is currently ruling you and compromising your liberties - or the state or municipal governments that are doing the same. With that in mind I theorize that the fear of a "one world government" is more a symbol of nationalist chauvinism than any fear for the state of one's personal liberty.

In effect, one government has indoctrinated and trained you to fear and loathe the idea of it being replaced with another that has a different name but no functional difference.
edit on 4/3/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

It was a YouTube video.

This one they used radio waves to find natural resources.

Ok here it is in the video below, skip to 9:12 and the guy will mention that ELF waves are used for underground imaging.

Then part three talks about controlling emotions using ELF waves and HAARP.

I also found this article on HAARP and ELF waves www.haarp.net...
edit on 4-3-2011 by BodhiSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

You are so misinformed on so many points in this one post I can not address them all. I will state here that the globalism I am talking about is the official one that is outlined in the G20 formative documents. I am not speaking about a dozen other loose affiliation organizations that do not control policy.

The rest of your rant is without merit to counter. It is bull pure and simple.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Here here.

This is a short discussion about globalism from the field of international politics.

For both Americans and Europeans, the enemy is the same. It employs trauma-based economic terrorism under the banner of 'free markets' to demolish the nation state and our God-given rights to liberty and self-determination. It works through price-gouging, tax largesse for corporations that destroy free-enterprise, the wholesale destruction of the middle classes by encouraging the export of quality jobs abroad and the import of cheap labour to displace what few options are left. It is dedicated to the creation of artificial conflicts and trivial distractions to keep people divided and drugged, and it maintains the constant drumbeat of militarism that nuances the dance of death in which the United Nations and the United States are willing partners who fake being out of step.
Source: www.serendipity.li...

Could not say it better myself.

top topics

join