It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Islamic Demolition of the Statue of Liberty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Well, from what I'm reading on the guy, he's never proposed violence. He just wants Sharia law. More power to him; I want a pony.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by searching4truth

Well, from what I'm reading on the guy, he's never proposed violence. He just wants Sharia law. More power to him; I want a pony.

He's a smarmy little bastard, and I'd like to wipe that stupid, omnipresent grin right off his face. Him and Ahmedwantsadinnerjacket: put me in a cage with both of them and I'll solve all of their problems.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Hmmm, seems like our muslim friends need to take their immigration tests again.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Pledge of Allegiance of the United States is an oath of loyalty to the national flag and the republic of the United States of America, originally composed by Francis Bellamy in 1892. The Pledge has been modified four times since then, with the most recent change adding the words "under God" in 1954. Congressional sessions open with the swearing of the Pledge, as do government meetings at local levels, meetings held by the Knights of Columbus, Royal Rangers, Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of the USA, Fraternal Order of Eagles, Freemasons, Toastmasters International and their concordant bodies, as well as other organizations.

The Pledge of Allegiance reads:[1]

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

One nation under G*D not above him. Seems like their fears are (un)-founded.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Interesting that you then become the one proposing violence over a difference of opinion.

He can want to impose Levitical law, the Articles of the Confederacy, or the laws of Lewis Carrol's Wonderland for all I care. In the end it's one dude with a funny beard shouting at a cloud; who cares? He's not even in the US. laugh and mock, then get on with your life.

Cage match... Jeeze.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Extremists on one side screaming out nonsense, only to be responded with nonsense by extremists on the other side. As long as it is only words, it's good entertainment, in real life.

But a deeper issue lays with 'idols' that the christian, jewish and muslims are deeply against.

Throughout centuries, the issue of idols had long been misunderstood.

There can be nothing on earth, created by man, that can be compared to the marvellous work of our common Creator. As such, idols or representatives of Him are but our vain attempts to put Him into object form to venerate across different civilisations, borders and cultures of Him who is known by many names, but only expected veneration should be comming from our hearts.

However, during ancient times, idols had a different meaning. Those were truly false gods upon which precious human lives created by our Creator were sacrificed, He was shocked when our ancestor Abrahim, would willingly sacrificed his one and only son when commanded by Him to do so.

Such was the strength of belief that humans would do upon faith, and if misplaced, would caused more harm than good. At the last minute of Abrahim's test, it was stopped. And thus, our Creator put a stop to idol worshipping practiced by then our ancestors, more importantly - human sacrifices.

Today, human sacrifices are no longer practised in the worship of any idols. Any that persists are stopped and arrested. The Statue of Liberty is not worshipped as a 'goddess' with human sacrifices as it had been in the ancient passed, but an object of beauty and symbol freedom, a work of art.

Americans and humans around the world knows true freedom lays not with that statue, but upon one's heart from guidance by our better forefathers.

However, if the extremists are calling for the destruction of this work of art and a symbol of freedom, then they are only committing one of the most heinous crimes that our Creator hates - and that is the sacrifice of human lives. How many humans would be needed to be sacrificed for that harmless statue?

Their call to destroy it is alone a crime of potential sacrificing of human lives, espacially those whom are ignorant, as Abraham had once been. At least Abraham's test involved the real sacrifice of a human life, but the statue of liberty? It is only a harmless work of art and symbol of freedom that the nutjobs would be killing themselves for, as well as any other innocent human tourists or free men protesting against destruction of harmless artistic symbolic property.

May all who view 'idols' fully comprehend what the real purpose of stopping idolatory had been once in our ancient past.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

This is more as it really is :

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah

Time to add additional security to the statue of liberty or just ban muslims from visiting it.

Time for some proof from a genuine news site and not just some hate blog.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
These people are as 'Muslim' as the Westboro Baptist Church is 'Christian'. That is, not very at all.

They pick and choose which scriptures to believe, which ones to misinterpret, which ones to focus on and which ones to ignore.

They are as representative of the Muslim opinion as Fred Phelps is of the Christian opinion. That is, not representative at all.

We never see any threads using 'them' and 'they' referring to all Christians when discussing the crazy opinions of these stupid extremist Christians. We always see 'them' and 'they' when discussing the crazy opinions of stupid extremist Muslims.

Food for thought.

This thickly tarred brush is starting to get too heavy for us all to bear the burden.

OP, don't lump all Muslims with these dafties. That makes you almost as bad as them.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
After 9/11, American Muslims were given a pass - and rightly so - and there were virtually NO incidences of retaliation against people of the Muslim faith for what their more fanatical brethren had done.

After nearly ten years of CAIR, Anjem Choudary, the DISGRACE that masquerades as a memorial for 9/11 victims in PA, the proposed Ground Zero mosque, and innumerable other instances of Muslims taunting non-Muslims and rubbing our faces in the fact that they are using our own freedom to destroy us from within; demanding that we change our laws, and demanding tolerance and special accommodation for their beliefs when they give none back, I think I can safely say that the next time we are attacked, the non-Muslim population of the US will not be as forgiving or understanding and there most likely will be violence.

I think we've been pretty cool about the whole thing so far. Had this happened in 1950, we would have just glassed Kabul and been done with it; but 60 years of pussification at the hands of the Berkley crowd have irreparably damaged this country to the point where I fear she will not survive for my children to grow up in. Our leaders declare war and then conduct opinion polls to see if we're offending anybody. Well I have news for them: WAR IS PRETTY GOD DAMNED OFFENSIVE! If you're going to declare it - WAGE IT! - opinion polls and the Muslim street be damned. We could have been out of AFG five years ago if we had gone in to win. Anyone thinking we can win the hearts and minds of the Afghans, especially by bringing the Taliban into negotiations, is nucking futz. They take whatever aid we give them, then turn around and say to each other "What a bunch of morons. Don't they know we'd just as soon cut their heads off as look at them?"

But there will come a point when the people of THIS country are going to get fed up and pull a Howard Beal, rising up with one voice saying, "We're MAD AS HELL AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!" Does it seem like I'm advocating violence? Well I'm not. I'm simply pointing out an inconvenient truth: When tensions get to that point, there will be no distinguishing between "terrorists" and "moderate Muslims." They will ALL be in danger, and while I'm all for sending a Hellfire up a terrorists wazoo, I'm not willing for a single innocent person - regardless of their faith - to be hurt or killed, although I know that is a pipe dream: in war, innocents die. It's just a fact. And make no mistake about it ladies and gentlemen: We ARE at war.

Truly moderate Muslims need to lift their voices to be heard above the calls of "Islam will dominate the world!" and "The White House will be a Mosque," and "Burka Lady Liberty!" They need to respect the laws of the US, and not even THINK about trying to implement shariah (and they need to - metaphorically - beat down anyone who does call for it.) Shariah law - religious law - is anathema to everything this country was founded upon. There is no such thing as "separation of church and state" in Islam. If Muslims want to live here, they need to leave that garbage back at home. (Why do people immigrate to the US and insist on bringing all of the old prejudices, hatreds, and medieval customs with them? This can be said of almost any ethnic group btw.)

And once they are here... Well I expect the same from them that I do from ANY American: LOYALTY to this country and its Constitution.

Is that expecting too much?

edit on 3/3/2011 by OldCorp because: We are at war

edit on 3/3/2011 by OldCorp because: spelling

edit on 3/3/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

good one!!

you bet we won't take another hit and give it up again. fool me once...

people think al-q was bad the first time? wait till it happens again, it will be ALL muslims this time.

i really don't like that, no american wants to resort to that kind of retaliation. you will loose the war here, along with the dummies that fight for you.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This site looks like a joke, the burning flag, the giant burka on Lady Liberty. Puh-lease, did AIPAC or the CIA put this site up? It's obviously designed to program you to hate Muslims. This same moron posts pictures of minarets over the white house and calls for jihad in America. Calling for the destruction of the statue of Liberty is just another one of these stunts.

If I were to put up a site calling for half the things this guy has, the government, my ISP, and every datacenter/host around would have pulled my site in a heartbeat. This site seems to be "protected" in spite of his outrageous open calls for terrorist acts. Like someone somewhere is making sure this site stays online, to stoke the hatred all so we let these wars just keep going on and on, and those defense budgets keep getting higher and higher.

I wouldn't doubt a certain 3-letter agency is funding this nutter.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

You don't know how to deny ignorance because you PROMOTE it in your replies.

Yes, there are some Muslims that hate America and for a good reason: because we rightly insist on meddling in the affairs of their respective countries.

Get a clue. We caused this hatred to bubble, not a group of "terrorists".

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
God actually promotes Freedom directly.

We are granted "Free Will", and God believes in it so strongly we are allowed to disagree with God.

Ain't that something?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by OldCorp

Interesting that you then become the one proposing violence over a difference of opinion.

That's like saying the Jews had a difference of opinion with Adolph Hitler. If you can't see the fact that this guy is dangerous then I don't know what to tell you - except maybe you're blind. He has said repeatedly that he wants to turn the US into a shariah-ruled Muslim nation. All I can say is over my dead body.

He can want to impose Levitical law, the Articles of the Confederacy, or the laws of Lewis Carrol's Wonderland for all I care. In the end it's one dude with a funny beard shouting at a cloud; who cares? He's not even in the US. laugh and mock, then get on with your life.

Cage match... Jeeze.

Hitler was a dude with a funny mustache yelling at a bunch of like-minded thugs in German pubs once too, and Chowderhead does want to come to the US. I remember reading about that in connection with the GZM, but I don't think his visit has been approved. Yet.

And what's wrong with my idea? I think that this is how disputes should be settled, Mano a Mano, and the one left standing wins. Wars should be decided by champions like in the old days; it sure would beat the real thing. War itself is an offense to man, Nature, and Nature's God. Personally, I pray every day that the day will soon come when we never raise another hand against our brothers; until that day...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You Americans would let the Muslims walk all over you. I want to ask how is
multiculturalism working for ya hey? keep your borders open hahaha let anybody in hahaha your tax pays for this, and you love it. Barack is the most American looking and named person I know. not.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Don't waste your breath, they have made up their minds that every Muslim on earth is out to get them and their red checkered flannel jackets. It's amazingly bigoted even if you ignore where the article is coming from.

Guess what folks, the Muslims out number you, by a large margin. but yes, I'm sure the stupid statue is their next target, it makes no sense so it must be true.

It must be a lonely scared existence to honestly believe some of the crap being said in here. I also have to point out that if some of the comments said so far were directed at, oh, lets say Israeli's post bans and warnings would have already been handed out.

Debate, concern, opinion, sure, there's a place for that here. Pure, unadulterated racism and bigotry does not.
edit on 4-3-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Since the average american can't differentiate between a normal muslim and an extremist muslim, I'd say that if muslims and islam as a religion want to survive, it's vital they learn from 9/11.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This will never happen ! I will be one American that will be standing at her feet to protect her. Even if it was built for another reason , It is a American MONUMENT !

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's happened before. In Afghanistan, the Taliban destroyed those Buddhas in 2001. Just from what I've read here, if it ever does come to pass, there's going to be a big tussle before it happens.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It would require much money, many hours and much work space, to sew a burqa. Just look at her size

Why not settle for a scarf

The Danish statue, "The Little Mermaid", has suffered several assaults. Different methods used by different people, for different reasons

Although some of the examples have a certain similarity, vandalisme is certainly not a behavior unique to Muslims.

Vandalism of the statueThis statue has been damaged and defaced many times since the mid-1950s for various reasons, but has each time been restored. In 2007, Copenhagen officials announced that the statue may be moved further out in the harbour, as to avoid further vandalism and to prevent tourists from climbing onto it.

24 April 1964 – the statue's head was sawn off and stolen by politically oriented artists of the Situationist movement, amongst them Jørgen Nash. The head was never recovered and a new head was produced and placed on the statue.[citation needed]
22 July 1984 – her right arm was sawn off. The arm was returned two days later by two young vandals.[citation needed]
1990 – another attempt was made to cut her head off, which resulted in an 18 cm deep cut in the neck.[citation needed]
6 January 1998 – she was decapitated again,[3] the culprits were never found, but the head was returned anonymously to a nearby TV station, and on 4 February the head was back on.
Red paint has been thrown on her several times, including one episode in 1961 where her hair was painted red and a bra was painted on her.[citation needed]
11 September 2003 – the statue was blasted off its rock, possibly with dynamite.[citation needed]
In 2004, it was draped in a burka as a statement against Turkey joining the European Union.[4]
March 8, 2006 – a dildo was attached to the statue's hand, green paint was dumped over it, and the words March 8 were written on it. It is suspected that this vandalism has something to do with International Women's Day (which is on March 8).[5]
March 3, 2007 – the statue was again covered with pink paint.[6]
May 2007 – the statue was covered with paint by vandals.[7]
May 20, 2007 – it was found draped in a Muslim dress and head scarf.[8]

Source

Now... don't get any ideas. She's solid as a rock. No fooling around with the Statue of Liberty

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by PinkAndBlack
It's an ugly statue donated by French free masons... BURN IT DOWN!

It's made of metal.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join