It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Burqa for Lady Liberty and a Mosque for Ground Zero

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by hawaii50th

Personally I would feel much more endangered by the powerful Soviets than by a bunch of cave dwellers who plan on blowing themselves up. Plus we don't know that any terrorists anywhere even possess a nuke, we knew full well the Russians had them the whole time. The situation we are in now isn't nearly as dangerous. Even if a terrorist does get a nuke it will be a one-off situation, whereas in the Cold War the entire world was on the brink of destroying itself.

There were many times that the U.S. and Russia came close to nuclear war. But because there was dialog between the two countries, war was averted. If terrorist have a bomb or maybe even more than one, do you think there would be any chance of dialog to prevent such a horror from happening? This makes it that much more dangerous, there would be no dialog. And if they were to hit the U.S., they would make sure it would be done in more than one place. Also, they do have the ability or will have, to fire off a missile or more from a container ship 200 or more miles off shore, the possibility is there. This is why it is worse than the cold war.

Have you never read the Bible? The principles of Christianity are far from perfect. I agree that the leaders of the Church, the power hungry who corrupted the religion, only make it worse. Christianity would likely be just a non-violent cult, rather than the massive power structure it is today if the Romans had left well enough alone. My point in bringing it up is that Christianity is already in power and the article is attacking an underdog religion while seeming entirely unconcerned that there is already a power hungry religion controlling the world. Before we think about facing the threat of Islam perhaps we should remove the tendrils of Christianity that already bind us. The Bible is filled with immorality and horrible moral teachings (such as stoning rebellious children and keeping slaves) and only over time has the religion adapted and become more docile. The same could be happening to Islam.

The biggest religions in the world today are, Judeo-Christianity, and Islam.

Also, in the bible there is the Old Testament, and the Jews were under the law, and were under an agreement with God, a covenant that was written only for the Jews. In those days part of that law was an eye for an eye rule.
The New Testament did away with the old covenant, and Jesus Christ became the new covenant and he did away with the old law, because under the old law everyone is guilty. God planned it so that anyone could receive salvation through Jesus Christ, He became the new covenant between man and God, otherwise no one could be saved under the old law except for the Jews if they abided and lived according to the law. The law at that time was the Ten Commandments.
Jesus became the one commandment to live by, and He said, "love others as you would have them love you" and "no one goes to the Father except through Him."

This is one of the problems in our world, people leaving things in the hands of a supernatural being for which their is no evidence. How about we do something ourselves instead of waiting on Messiah's who never show up?

No one knows the time when the Messiah will come and there is only one true God and only one true Messiah. And the lack of patience in man makes him lose his faith.
I can't convince you to believe or understand, it is something that you have to discover on your own. If you choose to seek God, you will find Him. If you choose not to seek Him than it is your own choice, for we choose our own paths. For some God chooses them and works through them for His glory. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I have been chosen to do anything. I'm just sharing with you what I learned and I'm far from ever finishing from learning, it takes a life time.
If the people of this earth had all everyone of us put their faith in God, we wouldn't have the problems that we have today. But as you put it, "how about we do something for ourselves" well this is why we have all the problems that we do. We do not love our neighbors as we would them love us.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join