It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Anomaly in front of Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hello, this is my first thread so please bear with me, creative writing was never a strength of mine. A couple of months ago I was driving with my fiancee down the highway at around 7:30-8:00pm. It was a full moon, cloudless night, and I was just kind of staring off into the sky (my fiancee was driving) when I noticed a black rod passing in front of the moon. It was solid black, very thin, and seemed to be twice as long as the moon was wide, which is a rough estimate I got by gauging how much of the rod I saw as it passed over the moon and how fast it was moving. It was travelling at a forty five degree angle towards earth at what seemed to be a fairly slow speed. It definitely didn't seem to be free falling. After it passed completely by the moon I lost it because, well it was black.....and night.

The entire ordeal lasted maybe ten to fifteen seconds. My first thought was power lines but I saw the front and back of the rod, it definitely had a beginning and ending to it. There are also no power lines over the highway near that area in the direction I was going. It was almost completely centered fairly high in the sky so it wasn't in the same area as the light poles. I also thought maybe it was a comet or meteor but it gave off absolutely no light, and I thought they all did. (I'm definitely not an expert though) It didn't look like any kind of vehicle either, human or what I would imagine alien to look like. I asked my uncle who is an amateur astronomer and he told me the only thing he could think of was maybe a flock of geese viewed from the side. Now that's possible, but there wasn't any kind of "flapping" motion...just a perfectly straight solid black "rod". I've attempted to include a picture I drew in paint...so here goes.....

Behold the Artistic Magnificence!!!

edit on 3/3/2011 by Crackavelli because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
appreciate your M$paint skills : ] . i cant think of a logical explanation, so maybe you got a cool view of one of those 'cigar' ufo's.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Crackavelli

No idea what you actually saw but I saw something really similar once and realised later by testing it that it was one of my own hairs that had kind of flopped over my face. Just letting you know what mine was. Yours may have been completely different.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Back in the 70's, I saw the exact same thing you describe, exept there was also a solid white line equal in length, and running parallel to it. Except one was just a little behind the other!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The only possible things that come to mind to me would be a plane or possibly a bird as you mentioned. Not sure though. The size of it tells me that it was closer to you then to the moon as it would have to be quite literally gigantic to be in space and be the size that you have explained and shown. The closer the object was to you the bigger it would appear in comparison to the moon. The closer to the moon the smaller it would appear. Think of looking at someone in the rear view as you are driving away. This would tell me that it was something Terrestrial or something Extra Terrestrial near you. It could have been a UFO. I am wondering if it was a plane heading towards airport or airfield and because of the angle you weren't able to see the running lights. I am not sure though. Interesting story to say the least. About the only thing I am certain of is that it was closer to you then the moon.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

Probably not one of my hairs, my head is shaved. Although my fiancee's hair is very long and thick, a few strands do come my way from time to time. I never thought of that...definitely a possibility, thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashcube
Back in the 70's, I saw the exact same thing you describe, exept there was also a solid white line equal in length, and running parallel to it. Except one was just a little behind the other!

top topics

join