It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jailing Illegals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Great article, but they left out the best part-

Jails get monies, sometimes up to 100.00 per immigrant per day, to house these people, from INS.

They have only showed the cost per inmate per day, rather than the profits gained by housing these subjects. The jail administrators also get handed a check.

Don't belive everything you read.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Okay, lets put your Utopia in motion. You're saying, that if all illigal aliens were deported, ALL OF THEM, that they're be no crime, no tax burdens, no high health costs, no taxes, no problems in society, no poverty, no, no, no....
What is your point? That at some point in time there will be peace on Earth? As long as men is free to think, and act, you'll always have problems. If you figure how eliminate free will, let us know. We all know people bring problems, for instance, you diamondaback...

so highlight this in your next post 8=======0 -- - - --

[edit on 27-7-2004 by NuKeUrAz]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hey Nuke!!! For your information smarta$$ I AM a parent and a Grandparent too. I am also in my mid 50's and have NEVER seen kids piss and ADULTS piss in piblic like these Mexicans. They think they are still in the sewers of Mexico and they want to bring us down to their level. You can take the Mexican out of Mexico but you can't make them start acting like they are anything but what they are!! You live with them and you will see what I mean! And if you do then you aren't too smart and don't expect too much from people.

As for eating...I would gladly give up eating ANYTHING THAT A MEXICAN WOULD PICK JUST TO HAVE THEM all GO BACK!!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Look Nuke, there's something you're not grasping here. You seem to want to continue a problematic policy simply because other problems exist simultaneously. That's a poor argument. I've provided my reasons and evidence of the destructiveness of unchecked mass immigration, especially of the illegal variety. I'm not suggesting, and nor is anyone else, that by deporting all illegals the United States will be perfect. However, the problems directly and indirectly attributed to alien populations would shrink. If the entire population of illegals in the US was eventually deported, there would be a drop in crime, lowering of health care, education, police and fire, and environmental costs. We wouldn't have none, but we would have less. Are you truly arguing that because a problem cannot be entirely eliminated that no action to reduce it prevalence should be taken? What are you arguing here?

I also hope you find some time to grow up and stop acting like a high school sophomore.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
lol, statistically, you would have the same amount of crime. Crime grows in proportion to population. I used to live in North Dakota, they always said Ca. had more crime, ignorant people. They failed to grasp the fact that they only had 35,000 people. One way to see it is by looking at New York city, i've been there and its overly crowded, have you been there? Same thing is happening there, overpopulated but jobs are available. Those who exploit them, have the best health care and live in the best neighborhoods. All I am saying, is that no matter what, you will always have problems. Don't blame your faults on other people. Like I said before, they are your scapegoat and your claims is based on effervecence, that those who are also affected negatively by it will flow with it.

Secondly, this is my 6th post total. Obviously, you have all those web pages in your FAVORITES, get out and enjoy life and live for living, not live for making others your victims. You think you make a strong case by having all this websites available, but the reality is, you're only conveying what others tell you to spread, nothing you know by experiance, simply by reading. I've bet that even if you ever succedded on deporting everybody, you would only find others to blame. When would it stopped and what will make you happy? Tell me, in the end, what do want?

the truth is, you probably couldn't afford to live where there is no crime or where all the houses are nice. They proabably wouldn't want you either and they would see you as a dirty. You're stuck here with the rest of us, enjoy it for the most part.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
damn jellNangry, don't be so mad. Your intonation has me reaching for protection. Seriously, it's called education, just cause you're 50, doesn't mean you can never teach an old dog a new trick. Luckily for everybody in this world, you will soon be benchpressing wild flowers. You're anger will be the end of you, mark my word.... lol, see you in hell, 40-50 years from now.

Oh yeah, you win. Stop eating fruits so that you die quicker.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

In fact, many are openly hostile to the U.S., as people living in southern California can testify.

The "La Raza" ('the race' in Spanish) is a racist movement. It is to Hispanics what the KKK are to white Americans. And worse, within that movement is another movement -- the "Aztlan" movement. "Aztlan" is based on lies (history is easy when you make it up) and literally demands that the southwestern U.S. (TX, NM, AZ, CA, UT, CO) be "given back" to Mexico a la the 1845-1848 Mexican-American War.

I fear that, as the "Aztlan" movement grows in both members and extremism, it's only going to be a matter of time before they start resorting to desperate tactics, like terrorism, to force their ideas out in the open.
The U.S. will then have a situation simliar to the Basques in Spain, as one random example of many.

This IS true, but I beleive we missed the hey day of the Aztlan or "Brown power" movement. There was a huge movement in L.A. in the late 60's and into the 70's with Oscar Acosta.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Nuke, you're welcome to back up your claims any time you want. I'm still waiting. Quit wasting your time trying to fit me into a preconceived profile you have and argue some facts. If you can't do that, take a hike. The motto of the board is "Deny Ignorance." Give it a try.

If you could read you'd see I specifically said that there is no way of eliminating all problems, but there are ways to reduce them. You would forgo attempts to reduce problems simply because they cannot be eliminated. It's all or nothing to you. Does that make any sense?

This thread has nothing to do with me pawning my problems off on a scapegoat. It's about me identifying a national problem, directing attention toward a major source of the problem, and asking for appropriate responses to combat the problem.

And can the assumptions already. You've been wrong every single time. I've seen the results of illegal immigration firsthand at the Arizona border. I've seen it for years in Chicago. I've looked over national and state statistics. I've looked at the facts. When will you consider them? You've bet so many times in reference to me. Luckily for you you haven't been wagering any real money because you'd be broke by now. I put blame where it belongs. You simply deny problems exist rather than denying ignorance. If you want to post something worthwhile rather than acting like a child, be my guest. If not, find some other board, one more to your liking where immaturity and ignorance are celebrated. It seems flaming posters is your idea of living a life. To me, it's enjoying my hobbies like reading, researching, and traversing the wilderness, being active in making this country a better place, making sure my job is done well, and most importantly, loving, caring, and providing for my wife and child. Maybe when you grow up you'll get a clue and learn there's more to the world than being an obnoxious troll.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The motto should have been, "Deny Ignorant People." Then, I would have avoided you. I never once said they weren't a problem, I said, "they'll always be problems." Even from the beginning of time, when it was suppose to have been adam and eve.

I only made an attempt to let you see that they contribute just as much to society. You classified them, as being problematic. Did I hear wager? I am a poker player. Oh yeah, about the taxes, I've bought two new cars in the past 2 years, so i've paid my share of taxes. How much money did you scam from the government by claiming your child? Thank you very much. Why don't you give about 1k back to me from the 5k I spent on taxes and we squash this argument.
oh, and ifyour child is 5, that means you've gotten back x amount of dollars for five years! i know how much money that is. I bet when tax season comes around, you pull receipts out of your ass to claim.

Loving and Caring? to who, your child? that doesn't count buddy, we love and care for our families. You need to love yourself, that's your problem. Reasearch something that will allow you to make peace with yourself, not start a wildfire. Take yoga classes or read Marthat Steward's better living. Oh yeah, you big behemeath, get off your fat lazy ass and pay attention to your child.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I WOULD JUST LIKE TO STATE THAT I DONT REMEMBER EVER HEARING ABOUT THE BRITISH SHOWING THEIR GREENCARDS TO THE NATIVES WHEN THEY SHOWED UP.... MOST OF THE PEOPLE LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY HAVE A DESCENT THAT DID NOT RESIDE IN THE AMERICAS, BUT IN EUROPE, ASIA AND AFRICA. I FEEL THAT THE PEOPLE WHO CROSSED THE OCEAN ARE JUST AS GUILTY AS THE MEXICANOS CROSSING THA BORDER.... THEY BOTH SOUGHT OUT FOR A BETTER LIFE FOR THEIR FAMILIES.... ITS SAD TO THINK THAT OUR COUNTRY IS FILLED WITH IDIOTS WHO THINK THAT IMMIGRANTS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE "TERRORISM" ISSUE.... I FEEL THAT IF YOU ARENT NATIVE AMERICAN, YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO SPEAK ON THIS MATTER.... ALL U PEOPLE SHOULD REALLY LISTEN TO HOW YOU SPEAK, YOU SOUND LIKE SOME SOUTHERN WHITES DURING THE TIME OF INTERGRATION.... ITS FUNNY BECAUSE I BET YOU ALL ARE CATERED BY THE IMMIGRANTS.... THEY PROBABLY MOW YOUR LAWNS, CLEAN YOUR HOUSES, WASH YOUR CARS, TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN, AND CLEAN UP AFTER YOU, AND WORK HARD IN THE FIELDS PICKING YOUR FRUITS AND VEGETABLES.... ITS JUST SAD HOW YOU DONT THINK ABOUT THEIR STRUGGLES AND FIGHT FOR FREEDOM, YOU JUST THINK OF YOURSELVES AND YOUR TAXES AND THE MONEY THAT YOU DONT POSSESS AND NEVER WILL.... I AM WILLING TO BET THAT ANY ONE OF YOU DOESNT WORK HALF AS HARD AS AN IMMIGRANT WORKER, AND IF YOU DO, YOU PROBABLY GET PAID TWICE AS MUCH AS S/HE DOES....

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I would say the majority of us on this thread are not native to this country, USA, and should just back off each other.

The topic of discussion is "Jailing Illegals" and the issues of monies spent to house them- not attacking and demeaning each other or pulling down the different nationalities. That's just rude.

Remember your roots, one day you and yours were illegals too.

mako

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
We had a news report about a month ago on one of the local television stations. In NY, they are picking up people entering the country through Canada, but there is no money to hold them. They are told to let them go, and by what they have said there has been some suspicious people let go. We aren't watching for mexicans crossing our border, we have some importing cigarettes, probably a few native americans who don't want to acknowledge the border, and maybe a few terrorists...
so, where's the money? Our federal legislators are blaming Bush for not giving it out...our state legislature isn't doing anything...deadlock..
We a spending a fortune to make the middle east "secure and safe" (never happen), but we seem to be ignoring our own homefront.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Right off the bat, in the title of your post you identify yourself as Mexican, and say that only Native Americans have any right to complain about illegal immigration. I guess since my ancestors were here first I can voice my opinions about your comments. The "war on terrorism" is a red herring, being exploited to the max in an election year when the sitting president would have much to lose if he focused on the economy. Maybe us "racist southern whites" are just disgusted with watching while a country that used to be a decent place to live is being brought lower every day becuase of the cost of feeding, housing, educating, and healing your brethern. My family is barely clinging to a middle-class existence because of the cost of our health insurance alone, and the rise in cost is directly because of all the freaking illegals who get the benefit of care in our hospitals and clinics without the slight imposition of paying the bill. You seem to think the only people coming here illegally are all honest Jose's who just want to pick our vegetables and mow our lawns while we play tennis and lounge by the pool. You are deluded! The illegals bring with them countless uneducated relatives to sponge of our social services, and let's not forget the drug tradeand the gangs with their delightfully quaint social traditions.
Oh but don't mind ME, I guess I just get grumpy when my Mexican maid doesn't make the kids beds just right. Get a dose of reality.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This will be my last post on this subject. For some reason, alot of these people believe that hispanice people are only picking fruits, you're dead wrong and that's why you're afraid. You're upset that your oppression didn't last as long as slavery. Mexicans come from a third world country and majority have minimal schooling, enough to create consciousness. In today's time, they're slowly moving up the ladder, they're educated, especially second and third generation.
If you know history, those who know especially hisotrians (diamondback), know that Ca. was truly won by over populating it and overwhelming the mexicans. But that's not the point here. Point is, in the 80's many people believe and desired to leave the state in spite, hoping that houses would lose value, and that the state economy would crumble also known known as white flight. It never happened. The only white people that chose flight werer the poor ones, the ones who could move to other communities and feel like they blend in. But in schools, parents and teachers know who they are, it's not a secret.
This thread was about jailing illigals. Now crunch these numbers and give me an answer. Hispanic people reside mainly in 6-8 states in the U.S., assuming that each state has 6 -8 prisons and they're usually comprise 1/3 of the inmates. Haven't you thought about the rest of the states remaining, that is 42 statess left, who do you think diamonback, fills those prisons? Who? Oh yeah, it's okay to criminals as long as they're citizens; a crime is a crime no matter who commits it inlcuding Kobe, or that Peterson guy.
Just because you don't have hundreds of websites that addressess the issues, doesn't mean they're not there.
This is a classic example of the media stirriing conflict within the massess while they continue to produce millions whlie you make your thousands. Maybe some of you need to take 10 steps back, reevaluate the circumstances, and take 20 steps forward to a better resolution.
Maybe i'll post afterwards, i look forward to what some of you have to say.

[edit on 28-7-2004 by NuKeUrAz]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
MsCockA, I don't know who you are, but you're enraged.

THE SOUTH HAS NEVER BEEN A DESCENT PLACE TO LIVE. WHAT AN IGNORAMOUS. MAYBE YOU'RE MAD CAUSE LYNCHING IS NOT LEGAL OR A FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT ANYMORE.

Be optimistic, when you can longer afford health care, you'll still have America's favorite care with some of the illigals waiting 10-12 hours to get 10 tylenol's. I would pay to see you suffer in those long lines. Is that what you're afraid cause you will soon plunge in their level? You're struggles are nowhere near theirs. Alot of the young kids join gangs, not cause they want to but because they have too, it's survival. I think any kid would rather be playing Xbox or playstation but their financial security is so bleak that they will never afford anything in life. Life as we know truly sucks for them, so like i've said before, be happy and move on. Don't try to justify your suffering by blaming it on others. If you can't afford to live in a different class, then don't. Obviously you're living above your means, but that' the choice you made so suck it up soldier. Next time, don't buy a house that's too expensive or that you can't afford. And if you're from the south, hmmmmm, I don't think ANYBODY has anything positive to say about you guys. I know what you guys are doing down to others and with each other.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
and I still wish they'd at least hold the ones crossing the canadian border that they consider to be suspected terrorists!! Who cares about the Mexicans...ain't like they're gonna blow anything up!!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuKeUrAz
...Now crunch these numbers and give me an answer. Hispanic people reside mainly in 6-8 states in the U.S., assuming that each state has 6 -8 prisons and they're usually comprise 1/3 of the inmates. Haven't you thought about the rest of the states remaining, that is 42 statess left, who do you think diamondback, fills those prisons? Who? Oh yeah, it's okay to criminals as long as they're citizens; a crime is a crime...

U.S. citizens who commit crimes should be in jails in the U.S. Mexican citizens who commit crimes should be in jails in Mexico. Canadian citizens who commit crimes should be in jails in Canda... etc.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
U.S. citizens who commit crimes should be in jails in the U.S. Mexican citizens who commit crimes should be in jails in Mexico. Canadian citizens who commit crimes should be in jails in Canda... etc.

So if I killed someone, then rather than face U.S. justice...I should be sent to my own country where the laws are different? I think there are quite a few people, especially victims families that would have a problem with that.

Hmmm...someone from Amsterdam could come here and sell truckloads of pot. If they got busted, they would be sent home where it is legal.
Think how the Columbia cartels would LOVE that.

[edit on 28-7-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
NuKeUrAz, you consistently refuse to address any points I have made and instead rely on unproved circumstances and bleeding heart tactics to make a point. You have made none. Until you are willing to step to the plate and , rational, truthful, and be civil to all who post here, I suggest you refrain from posting.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Hmmm...someone from Amsterdam could come here and sell truckloads of pot. If they got busted, they would be sent home where it is legal.
Think how the Columbia cartels would LOVE that.

You're right, that's just not going to work as a solution. We should still house the prisoners, but force the government of whatever nation the inmate is a citizen of to pay for the costs of housing them. If they refuse to pay, we should take whatever action is appropriate to be properly reimbursed. This includes the seizing of national assets under our jurisdiction.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join