It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard A Stealth Bomber Fly Over Last Night. Wonder Whats Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The US B-2 Stealth Bomber Wing is stationed at Whiteman air force base in Missouri,about 140 miles north of Springfield MO.

Last night around midnight i heard that long roar of the stealth. I haven't heard one or even seen one fly near Springfield or over Stockton lake for almost 10 years. I'm curious as to why they are maneuvering over Springfield or if they are up to something? or if its just a coincidence due to the stir in the middle east currently going on with Libia

anyone else been hearing them or seeing them? and whats your take on what might be going on?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

It could be night time training or it could be they are moving towards a airbase for possible transport to Middle East. I know they moved a carrier group closer to Libya, but other then that I don't know. If it was training then you should have heard it return too unless you were asleep.

I still remember the funniest night of my life was working late in Asheville North Carolina and there was some military training being held in Downtown. They had a Black Hawk and an Apache flying around. They also had troops repelling down the tallest building in town. Anyway they landed a helicopter on the top of the parking deck where I work and after it took off again some drunk guy came up to me and was like "OMG are we being invaded?!" I was like yea go home and sleep it off the Russians are coming lol. Thought I would lighten the mood a bit =0)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Interesting. Today I saw at least 12 helos flying north along I-5 in Grants Pass, OR. 5 were Chinooks, the others were smaller but I'm not sure what kind they were. I took a few pictures because I've never seen so many helos traveling through here, let alone military helos.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Had 5 chinooks and 6 or so accompanying helicopters fly through my sleepy town in Northern California today. There's also a military base nearby. Tension is gearing up all over the place and it's about to hit US next.

Yup, right along the I-5...
edit on 3-3-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

So they came from California... Very interesting. The only thing I could find was 80 members of the Oregon Air National Guard were leaving for Afghanistan tomorrow. I was thinking it was a lot of fanfare for 80 troops.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Not to say there is not anything to it or not, I can't even think about this as being odd. When I was in the military I lived right next to the airbase, the fence was the backyard property line of my home. So, for me I pay it no mind, back then if I were to have gone more than 30 minutes without hearing something fly over, I would have started to think something was up. To me, whether "something" is going on or not, the military is always doing "something" regardless.

BTW: If it is a stealth bomber, how did you hear it?
j/k

edit on 3-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Training requirements are being met because the weather is better. WTI in AZ of Marines for example. Everyone has requirements all year. If helicopters were being sent they go by boat or in a C5 or C17 they don't and wouldn't make it anywhere out of country flying on their own......
Everyone settle down the deployed units are more than capable of handling this, whatever it is or isn't.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Steve8511 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

I thought they were from my local base, Mount Shasta... which is a bit off the map. Who knows where they came from, maybe these coastal movements will become more common. I suspect such drills are going to get more pronounced as we approach 2012. Call it ominous...

Steve, they are more than capable of controlling US!

edit on 3-3-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ok so my geography isn't very good at this time in the morning but you say it's coastal areas and places along I-5 where this is taking place?

If there aren't more posts from places away from those areas then interesting indeed.....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

I See them North of Joplin all the time. Usually early morning (just before dawn) or late evenings. And usually its not just the B-2's but there is usually a tanker in the area as well.

If they are leaving Whiteman they usually fly down this way to meet a tanker to top off their tanks before heading off where ever they are going

edit on 3/3/2011 by Mercenary2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
Interesting. Today I saw at least 12 helos flying north along I-5 in Grants Pass, OR. 5 were Chinooks, the others were smaller but I'm not sure what kind they were. I took a few pictures because I've never seen so many helos traveling through here, let alone military helos.

Passed us up north of you , from Sutherlin and also Eugene ( friend let me know )
my coburg friend hasn't responded to my email yet

I only got a pict of the first 3 chins went back in put camera up
and missed taking picts of the rest ( I should have waited )

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

The Only airbase they will forward deploy the stealth bombers to is Anderson AFB in Guam and then its usually only a pair of them at a time.

All Iraq and Afgan missions to date the b-2's flew from there base here in Missouri

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

because they have a low constant roar that lasts for 10 minutes or more, now once you are hearing them , thay are already 10 miles heading away from you lol:

like i said, Ive seen them and heard them many times, just not in many years , which made it strange to hear that unmistakable sound as it passed over Springfield heading back to whiteman. normally they would fly over stockton lake then circle back around and head home, but these planes they don't just fly them around for practice unless something specials in the works.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

The Only airbase they will forward deploy the stealth bombers to is Anderson AFB in Guam and then its usually only a pair of them at a time.

All Iraq and Afgan missions to date the b-2's flew from there base here in Missouri

well they have been deployed to the Indian ocean too aka Diego Garcia

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

Actually Deigo Garcia in the Indian Ocean has been upgraded to support them as well.

new topics

top topics

join