It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Pope Interview on the Newly Released MOD UFO Files !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Interview from tonight with Nick Popes 'take' on the new MOD releases
Here :-

theunexplained.tv...
edit on 093131p://03America/Chicago03 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Sigh...It was only a matter of time before Nick "make it cash" Pope got in on the act, the man while doing the job said he saw nothing in the files that was extraordinary yet now he's 'on the circuit' suddenly its all big news.

I respect nothing from this rent a mouth

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up.

Personally, I think the real story, with this release, is the disappearance of any documentation relating to the Rendlesham incident. If nothing else, it should be interesting to hear Pope's take on that aspect.
edit on 3/4/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Nick Pope is a total joke.
No second line.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
UFO files released.... my arse!
Rendlesham documents missing, HMS Manchester evidence "blown overboard"
What a load of claptrap! NO decent info will ever be released to the Sheeple.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Can everyone of the opinion that Nick Pope is a joke care to explain to me why?

I've seen him in a couple of UFO documentaries and never thought that, although they were only brief interviews. Is he well known for something here on ATS that he has said/done?

Thanks for any reply

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

from what I had been informed it's something along the lines of he has made claims of top secret clearance and working within the MI5 secret files Mulder and Scully style, while in fact it has been shown that actually he didn't and was just working the report desk, answering the phone and opening mail. then passing it on up the command line.

Then he comes out riding off the back of this, kicking out "expert" book deals, and TV appearances. He's a media junkie, and pops up every chance given, and the media love him for it!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by Nomad451

from what I had been informed it's something along the lines of he has made claims of top secret clearance and working within the MI5 secret files Mulder and Scully style, while in fact it has been shown that actually he didn't and was just working the report desk, answering the phone and opening mail. then passing it on up the command line.

Then he comes out riding off the back of this, kicking out "expert" book deals, and TV appearances. He's a media junkie, and pops up every chance given, and the media love him for it!

Yes, that the Nick we all know.

Nick when in job claimed there was nothing in the files, then when he left it and saw his chance to join the UFO circuit he suddenly became and expert and claimed that he had seen stuff.

He's nothing more than a hanger on that attends any thing and everything for the cash and another 5 mins of camera time. All his appearances follow the same format and he regurgitates the same old spiel every time.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Damnn you Sir! Beat me to it. LOL
I was in the RAF at the same time he was at MoD. He was a pen-pusher and a low-level one at the. His department received post from the various Stations and processed. At no time was he involved with the investigations. That is, he was not a field agent.

And you Mclaneinc, you beat me to the draw. LOL
I must be slowing down in my old age. LOL

edit on 4/3/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

Is that really true? Disappointing if so. I always thought that that guy was one of the most credible people on the field.

Well, there goes another one.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Sigh...It was only a matter of time before Nick "make it cash" Pope got in on the act, the man while doing the job said he saw nothing in the files that was extraordinary yet now he's 'on the circuit' suddenly its all big news.

That's exactly what I would have written too but to add something else to the discussion.... I suspect that he's still employed by the MOD and they allow him to do his bit on the UFO circuit safe in the knowledge that he will only reveal as much as they want.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

That's exactly what I would have written too but to add something else to the discussion.... I suspect that he's still employed by the MOD and they allow him to do his bit on the UFO circuit safe in the knowledge that he will only reveal as much as they want.

I actually like that idea but my religion does not allow me to believe that Nick Pope could be useful for any thing..

Maybe train-spotting....?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

And you Mclaneinc, you beat me to the draw. LOL
I must be slowing down in my old age. LOL

edit on 4/3/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

Keep up or its out to the yard and give me 20 push ups!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I don't remember Nick Pope claiming anything other than he handled the reports. In fact I recall him saying that his job was nothing exotic and that the whole department was little more than a means of reassuring the Brittish people that their National Security was intact.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Regarding the case referenced in the Brit press here:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Can anybody find the necessary facts on date/time of the event so it can be compared with potential prosaic stimuli?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Regarding the case referenced in the Brit press here:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Can anybody find the necessary facts on date/time of the event so it can be compared with potential prosaic stimuli?

In case it saves other members some time and effort, I thought I'd quickly post here that I've addressed this query in another thread at the link below relating to the new release of files:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 4-3-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
In case it saves other members some time and effort, I thought I'd quickly post here that I've addressed this query in another thread at the link below relating to the new release of files:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All the best,

Thanks, Isaac -- I see that I carelessly misread the garbled new account to suggest there was some radar detection from the aircraft (without achieving target 'lock', quite another level of radar tracking).

So it's an old case in the body of evidence that on occasion pilots can be misled by their well-trained and safety-optimizing perceptual processes that enhance their survival but also generate, from 'bnoise', some spectacular pseudo-UFO reports. Yet those who argue from a desired conclusion must insist that pilots cannot be so easily fooled by aerial apparitions.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
you guys are lucky to have Nick Pope!
in my day we had Kevin........ i mean er Jenny Randles

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I took the liberty to email Nick Pope, asking him to clarify a few points regarding his roll at the M.O.D. So this was his reply.
_______________________________________________oOOo_______________________________________

Dave,

My job title was Secretariat(Air Staff)2a, but because this is meaningless to most people, I talk about "running MoD's UFO project", because that's the 'does what it says on the tin' description.

I can't comment in detail on my security clearance, but it was TS codeword, to use a generally understood official term.

I don't think "many people" question my role. Some people exaggerate it, because they mistakenly thought I was the Minister for Defence, as opposed to having worked for the Ministry of Defence. A tiny handful of UK skeptics (no more than 3 or 4) dishonestly try to downplay my role by pretending it was clerical as opposed to managerial - documents released under FOI nailed their lies.

I always have foreknowledge about the MoD UFO files (not least because I wrote many of them) but can't pre-empt things and talk about files before they're released - next batch tomorrow, by the way!

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,

Nick Pope

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
I took the liberty to email Nick Pope, asking him to clarify a few points regarding his roll at the M.O.D. So this was his reply.
_______________________________________________oOOo_______________________________________

Dave,

My job title was Secretariat(Air Staff)2a, but because this is meaningless to most people, I talk about "running MoD's UFO project", because that's the 'does what it says on the tin' description.

Pope has also described himself as being "in charge of the British Government's UFO project" and similar exaggerations in the past. More on that below.

I can't comment in detail on my security clearance, but it was TS codeword, to use a generally understood official term.

Why not? I held SC clearance, probably the same as yours. there is only a choice of CTC, SC or DV, and it is very unlikely you would have been trusted with a DV clearance or had any need for it in your civil service roles. Details of MoD security clearances can be found at the Defence Vetting Agency site

I don't think "many people" question my role. Some people exaggerate it, because they mistakenly thought I was the Minister for Defence, as opposed to having worked for the Ministry of Defence. A tiny handful of UK skeptics (no more than 3 or 4) dishonestly try to downplay my role by pretending it was clerical as opposed to managerial - documents released under FOI nailed their lies.

The "tiny handful of UK skeptics" include:

Me (Joe McGonagle)
Dave Clarke
Andy Roberts
Jenny Randles
Kevin McClure
John Harney
Peter Brookesmith
James Easton
John Rimmer

and many, many others who are retiscent about publicly stating their view. Who actually takes him seriously and knows anything at all about UK ufology? Maybe Tim Good and David Icke...

I always have foreknowledge about the MoD UFO files (not least because I wrote many of them) but can't pre-empt things and talk about files before they're released - next batch tomorrow, by the way!

Well whoopee do! So he gets something other than money from his association with that remarkable pillar of journalism, "The Sun".

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,

Nick Pope

Not really - I think the following documents released under the FoIA may "nail your lies":

This was written by Nick's own fair hand to Nick Redfern:

and this was written by the Head of Sec(AS)2 to a member of the public who was under the imression that Pope was in charge of something more than his waste-paper basket:

r

[edit: - removed duplicate name for the list]
edit on 20-3-2011 by ufojoe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join