It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians harass Muslim man praying infront of White House. Disgusting.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
I guess all you can do is keep hoping that someday these poor brainwashed men and women will realize they were all duped into believing different versions of the same fairytale.

That statement simply displays the flip side of the same ignorance.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7
Watching this video actually made me weep.
Is it any wonder why so many flee in terror from these mainstream Fundamentalists?
This is NOT what Christ MY Savior preached.
He preached love, tolerance, forgiveness and kindheartedness towards all.

Absolutely my friend, this is not what he taught. It is good to speak out. It is good to tell the truth.

Keep shining your light.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
As I mentioned in my earlier post I am an RN, and I work at the worlds' premiere cardiac hospital. As such, I have been entrusted to care for politicians, movie stars, professional athletes, Prime Ministers of foreign countries, members of the Saudi Royal Family, and various other celebrities.

Now, of all the famous and not-so-famous people I have had the pleasure of caring for, the biggest a$$hole I have ever had the displeasure of being assigned to was Pat Robertson. He was arrogant, rude, whiny, demanding, demeaning, and ridiculously hateful. And this is a man who puts on his Christian "game-face" everyday in front of a camera and pretends to live by the word of Christ, all while milking some poor sap of his last dollar.

edit on 4-3-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchIlluminatus

One must remember that religion is of man.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

The meaning of the word religion is actually "to rejoin" and of the word church, "to call out from".

The truth at the heart of it, when you peel away man's ignorance of what it's really intended to convey, is to be called out of a false paradigm, and be rejoined to the source and center of all reality and existence.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
what a bunch of fools . They are playing into the hands of the people who they think are out to get Christians . What ever, we're going to seeing more and more of incidents like, some will be the real deal some will be engineered to further polerize society ,

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

That # goes both ways you know....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

The other peaceful religions? There are terrorists and murderers who are Christian. There are terrorists and murderers who are Jewish. And there are terrorists and murderes who are Muslim.

I am a Christian, but I am not delusional. I am well aware that plenty of people have twisted my religion in an effort to "justify" murder and hate.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am so sick of these "christians" I could scream!! If Jesus had walked into that crowd, he would have grabbed them by the back of their necks, and threw them out!! And then he would have walked over to those who were being hammered, and told them "forgive them for they know not what they do"...........and sent them on their way.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Have we ever had an atheist president?

Thomas Jefferson,[1] Abraham Lincoln,[2][3] and William Howard Taft[4] were accused of being atheists during election campaigns.

Almost all of the presidents can be characterized as Christian, at least by formal membership. Some were Unitarian or unaffiliated with a specific religious body. Some are thought to have been deists, or irreligious. No president thus far has been an Atheist, a Jew, a Buddhist, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Sikh or an adherent of any other specifically non-Christian religion.

en.wikipedia.org...

just a FYI

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Perhaps if youre going to call a fellow ATS members post ignorant, you could elaborate or provide some kind of basis for your point. I've read what you're saying is ignorant, and I just can't seem to get what youre after. (I realize you are very spiritual)

Thomas Jefferson was not a christian, he was an epicurean.
edit on 4-3-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Nah, this is nothing.

In Pakistan they shoot Christians.

In Egypt they burn down Christian houses and churches.

In Iraq they send suicide bombers into churches.

Yeah, but this isn't Pakistan, Egypt or Iraq. It's the United States of America, in which freedom of religion is protected and should be respected.

So, YES, it is something...it's pathetic, bigoted intolerance.

I can turn that back on you.

The Christians also have freedom of religion and speech, what they are doing is protected by your constitution. Maybe there religous freedom feels threatened by thousands of immigrants flying in from the East.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

A 20-year-old Muslim woman has died in an Arizona hospital, nearly two weeks after her father ran her over with his Jeep Grand Cherokee because she had become “too Westernized.”

source: freethinker.co.uk...

I had to laugh just a bit about this,
not at the woman in question but the aspect
of hypocrisy on the part of the father.

He claims she is too westernized but then
he uses a Westernized Vehicle to run her over.
Wouldn't it have been more traditional to use
an ox and cart ???

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
I can turn that back on you.

The Christians also have freedom of religion and speech, what they are doing is protected by your constitution. Maybe there religous freedom feels threatened by thousands of immigrants flying in from the East.

How did you turn that back on me? You are right, the Christians also have freedom of speech and religion; I never said they didn't. What I am commenting on is their harassing, hateful, bigoted intolerance.

Just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean you are a good person when you exercise that right in the manner in which those folks did.

What you were doing in your previous post was justifying that disgusting behavior because the reverse happens to Christians in the middle eastern countries. That is fouled logic.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadpool84
I'm sick of tolerance altogether. the muslim shouldn't be praying in front of the white house and neither should anyone else. If you want to pray go to a church. or a mosque or whatever just don't do it in front of the white house.

If there is any place in need of prayer, it would be "The White House."

As far as I knew, this was a free country Deadpool, would you like to go back to the ways of the "Dark Ages" to fulfill your intolerant wishes?

I don't need to pick apart your post, because your own words describe your personality to the "T."

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

9/11 JUMPERS

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Christians are taught that they will be forgiven for all of their sins. This makes it "OK" for them to hate others.
I think it's disgusting. Doesn't the bible teach to love thy neighbor?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I actually found it quite laughable. Not the fact that they were harassing that man (which they clearly were, wrongly too may I add) but that in this day & age people are still squabbling over which invisible man is the right one.

That clip belongs in a Monty Python movie.

I would also like to add that this is my opinion & I'm not entering into a religious bicker about it.

edit on 4-3-2011 by marker3221 because: spelling correction

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
I guess all you can do is keep hoping that someday these poor brainwashed men and women will realize they were all duped into believing different versions of the same fairytale.

And to that I say "Amen, Brother!"

Can I get a Hallelujah?
edit on 3/4/2011 by pjslug because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join