It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Views of Discovery's Launch from Shuttle's Solid Rocket Boosters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Ever wanna see what it's like to parachute from orbit??? Check this out! This is awesome. The best ones were from about 14 min onward. Very Cool!

Don't know if any of you have seen these already, but they put six cameras aboard the shuttle Discovery. Views are from aft looking forward (towards space) and also looking towards the ground! The first couple of vids have no sound, and the camera gets some condensation on it but you can still see. When they switch to the other cameras it gets better. I think around the third video you get some sound. Sounds pretty creepy too. Kinda gives you the feeling of what it would be like to float around in space.
Amazingly it doesn't take long to get up there. Took about 6 min or so from launch to falling into the ocean. Great views! Hope you guys like it!

Cameras mounted on Discovery rocket boosters

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eArth33lr

awesome! thanks for posting this. now it would be really cool if someone would put all the angles on one screen so you can watch them all at once in sequence.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ya that would be nice. kinda weird how you just float around and around like that. The whole experience of coming down through the atmosphere was pretty cool I must say. I also notice the clouds below had big lines running through them. Not sure what to make of those. Are they currents or something? Not sure how a cloud can separate in a straight line like that? Do you know what I'm talking about?

new topics

join