It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo News: Fla judge refuses to halt new healthcare law- Conspiracy theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Excerpt:

"MIAMI (Reuters) – A federal judge in Florida on Thursday refused to order the Obama administration to stop implementing its far-reaching healthcare law, a small victory for President Barack Obama in his high-stakes effort to overhaul the U.S. healthcare system.

But U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson ordered the administration to seek an expedited appellate review within the next week of his January 31 ruling that favored arguments by 26 states that the law's requirement that Americans buy health insurance starting in 2014 or pay a penalty was unconstitutional."

Why would he suddenly do a 180 degree about face?
Here's what has bothered me all along:
I have had the feeling- bolstered by the delay in actually implementing the law until 2014 & the outrageously lame tactics used to ram this bill through, that this wasn't about "healthcare" at all. They NEED the tax money- , and that gives them plenty of time for some catastrophic "trifecta" like event(s) - similar to the "reasons" Bush started robbing Social Security after Sept 11th, for them to welch on the promise of "healthcare for all" (which it isn't, but that's beside the fact). "Couldn't be foreseen", "couldn't be helped". The bottom line is that this doesn't guarantee healthcare for anyone except *possibly* those on a government subsidy. All it guarantees are taxes and a monthly insurance bill that so many of us cannot afford and that may dissolve any last hope that we'd have the money left after paying that mandated bill for any health care at all. (or even money for a roof over our heads or food in our kids' mouths)
I think this is right up there with FISA, the Military Commissions Act, TSA/ DHS and the Patriot Act. And NONE of it adds up.

So what's really going on?
I haven't got a speculation in mind other than that they need the American people committed for the money. The insurers are tied up in it (washing money?). Big PhRma is in it up to their necks (:shudder
. Even the AMA seems to be on board. (How does Wall Street fit in?) Have they taken out a loan the US Treasury otherwise can't pay back? Poisoned us all by way of some clandestine experiment? What?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think you're right in saying that it is about tax money. The taxes kick in three years before the benefits start to be paid out.

I'm not sure from the article, but I think what Vinson is doing is speeding up the process to get the case to the Supreme Court quickly. If he had issued the injunction, the Government could have dragged its feet in appealing the injunction, then they could have started all over again appealing the decision that the law is unconstitutional.
Vinson is saying nuts to that, appeal my original ruling and do it quick.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thank you for saying that, Charles. I'll hold that thought in hopes that you're right!
(second line?)

join