It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Supermoon may cause natural disasters in a couple of weeks time

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

The moon is always full, its just the reflection of the sunlight that you see. How can people go batty because the moon is brighter? It is always a "Full Circle"...

This is exactly why they say, it's moon LIGHT that is said to effect some people or drive others mad. It was never the full moon that brought out the wolf in Lon Chaney. It was by the LIGHT of the full moon.

This should be rather nostalgic I think. I havn't been mooned since the eighty's.

edit on 9-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Although for a full moon there is an opposition of the sun and moon. Tides are either at their lowest or highest depending on where you are. Since the body is majority water, perhaps there is a tide inside our own bodies?

Or, perhaps criminals can just see better on well light nights!

Perhaps werewolves don't see so good in the dark either?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I understand perfectly, as I posted the image just for that reason, so that all of our friends and all of us that have been forgotten by wisdom could have a "broader" idea of what happens when the moon is closer to earth, and in the process , introducing the "novelty" idea of the fractal universe, an idea I´d much rather adhere over the current paradigm models.
Also I try to complement the ideas behind some alleged folklore, in this case the statement "People seem to alter their mood during a full moon" , with part of an explanation that may seem implausible to the ones that are disconnected and unwilling to try out some less beaten paths...

My dear friend P., thanks for clarifying it up, but read between the lines, my post wasn't to be taken literally, it was only meant as a bump for further study, thus the linking of sources capable of broadening our current thought models with some non conventional content.

Cheers! I wonder how you change during a full moon? from super rational to chaotic prankster? JK!

BTW, I did read the articles I post so this may come as a surprise

What are the different types of Tides When the sun and moon are aligned, there are exceptionally strong gravitational forces, causing very high and very low tides which are called spring tides, though they have nothing to do with the season. When the sun and moon are not aligned, the gravitational forces cancel each other out, and the tides are not as dramatically high and low. These are called neap tides.

source

gravitational forces ALSO at work, again, if it can alter the planet in some way then, imagine what it can do to us...

edit on 9-3-2011 by TheOneEyedProphet because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2011 by TheOneEyedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bee2010

You're right. That's where the word "lunacy" comes from. I have friends who work in both emergency medicine and law enforcement that always dread a shift during the full moon. It's not just crazy on that night, but the night before and night after too. They get three days of crazies.

It might have a stronger effect on tides both freshwater and salt water bodies, I think. There might be more animal beachings or die offs as well due to interaction with the magnetic field too. So I will use the same approach I have adopted for everything else. I will remain watchful and calm. I will not panic until I find out what's going on and am able to finish doing something about it. After I have taken shelter and done all I can, I may then panic.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If there're megaquakes this is not a bad thing because then we can get the fu*** out of the way and build without fear of another one at least for a long while. It would remove some of the tension.

It's kind of like if you got some sh** to do today. Get it done early so you don't have to do it later.

This is just my way of looking at this with a positive outlook.
edit on 9-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by karmajayne
reply to post by lostsock

lol yes i know what you mean i remember when i was very young may have been 93 can't remember but me and a friend were in the back seat of his mums car staring t the sky to which had a massive and i mean massive bright orange moon proberly like 10times the size it would normally be (bit of an exaggeration) but i remeber saying this is weird that moon is way bigger than normal

That effect( usually when the moon is first rising) is due to the angle you are viewing the moon at. It is lower in the sky and so the size can be gaged against the backdrop of scenery around you. And the color is from the setting sun. When the moon rises higher in the sky you have nothing to gage its size against and so it appears smaller and it is recieving full on sun light so it appears white instead of the orange it appears when it first rises near the horizon. This happens every day but most people only notice it when the moon is full.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I was wondering if I could get your location. It seems that we are off by 5 minutes and I just want to see why. Usually in my area the clocks seem to match all the time. Thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join