It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to use ATS chat? 200 posts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
For people that are wanting to use the ATS chat but still need 200 poss then lets talk about it here. I think that 200 is a little to high. I think that it should be only 100. what do you think.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I concur; 100 sounds even more reasonable. There are some people (like me) that observe but don't really comment. Im still working my way up to 20 to be able to post.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I bet you complained when you 19 that you couldn't buy alcohol legally because you're not 21.

Or any such case, you being that guy.
200 shows dedication, and is easily attainable.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Im not a fully dedicated member but i do get on once a day and post on a few things. and so i never complained when i was 19. I just went for it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
200 is Fine, Reaching that mark Shows Dedication to the site and allows ATS to filter the Site

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Or you could look into the history of the chat room and gain some insight of how this came to be by clicking here.

It was 50, then 100, then 200, then 500, then back down to 200 as 500 was a bit excessive. But such thresholds were because some members cannot behave in the live environment that is chat.

There is an agreement that you have to click on from time to time (mods too) and the chat room is more strictly enforced.

Chat Entry Agreement

[username], this live chat function is a service offered to the members of ATS as a means to get to know each other in a real-time conversational environment. However, by using chat you agree that a more decisive interpretation of our Terms and Conditions while chatting:

Any action deemed as insulting, demeaning, or derogatory in any way that is directed toward another member of ATS may result in a termination of your ATS account. Similarly, any posting of material, or links to material, that is not allowed under the Terms and Conditions may result in a termination of your ATS account.

Any posting habits deemed as disruptive, juvenile, vulgar or otherwise intended to be disruptive of those attempting to have a meaningful conversation may result in the termination of your chat privileges.

The use of vulgarities may result in a temporary 24-hour ban from chat.

In short, this is not "Chat Roulette" or IRC, this is ATS. Act as though you would in a well-appointed room full of like-minded strangers, civilized. Don't be one of "those people."

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Chat is a real time environment that is exceptionally difficult to moderate if somebody shows up simply to cause trouble. In threads we, as staff, have time on our side, so to speak. In chat, less so. 200 posts helps ensure that nobody storms into chat just to disrupt, spam, recruit, etc.

But the good news is that the people who inhabit chat rock and it is well worth the wait and commitment to make it into the chatroom. It's one of the best benefits of ATS.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

You are correct, and not only that, it shows that a member can contribute meaningfully to the conversation. If someone is observing all the time then the Chat Voyer link is fine.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

true. i didn't really think about that.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
But the main point in this thread though is for other people to post and get closer to 200.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
So, the point of this thread is just to give people a place to make posts without really saying much of anything?

OK, no problem. Just to stay on topic, yeah, I think it's great that there are post/point requirements in place for certain features of the site. Keeps the pandemonium down.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well this here would be my 200 post.

I made this so at times mabye people don't want to post on other threads since they don't spark any intrest for them. then they could start any conversation on here to atleast get some more posts.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well, congrats on the 200th post.

Hopefully the chat feature is everything you'd hoped it would be. Got a ways to go, myself...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
how many people are in the live chat on an average night? Im curious i still have a ways to go but if u welcome new members it speeds things up imo good luck on getting 200
edit on 3-3-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I've been a member of ATS for a few years (2007) and I'm STILL trying to get to 200 posts. I don't think posting 200 times necessarily shows dedication. I think all it shows is you can string a few words together and click post....

Most of the time I come here to read the threads and follow links to pic/articles/vids on whatever subject I'm interested at the moment. I come here because the people here seem to have a lot more information than is handed out via news sources and main stream. It doesn't mean I need to jump into every thread and give my opinion. I only post when I have something I think is relevant or if I have a question that hasn't been answered in any of the links or thread replies so that makes a "dedicated" member like me unable to take part in the chat STILL.

but, that being said I am getting closer to 200. I recently began posting more simply so I could check out the chat. And I'm trying not to do it by just playing those games and stuff cause that kinda lame. To post in em just to up your count... I'm trying to get involved in the different topics but still it's hard. It's ok I will get there eventually.

Just have patience!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here's a suggestion for getting more posts... Check out more than just the normal forums you'd go to. You'd be surprised what you find. (and it really opens up your posting possibilities).

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Haha i've been finding old threads and commenting just to try and get that 200 lol

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yes..I totally agree.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

I agree. There are a lot of threads that I read but don't necessarily want to comment on them. Most of the time, I can't find my comment and see if anyone replied to mine. I like to comment either when it's something that I have experienced or seen, or when it's a fresh new thread and I get to.

But I enjoy reading more than "debating" someone on it. I just don't like to waste my time on that.

new topics

top topics

join