It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Planet Now Visible from Populated Areas? (Video Included)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

weedwacker, what is your problem bro?

Come to various threads and try to bash the op for trying to show something that may be interesting to some, but because you 'know' about it and the guy in it, it automatically puts everyone beneath you?

I have seen this in many threads from you, I just wonder why you cann't speak your opinoin on the topic instead of trying to flame the people who take the time to make a thread and post here for everyone to see.

I gaurantee that if everyone stopped posting when someone who knows, or thinks they know, something puts them down, ATS would be a dead site, because everyone has different opinions. Atleast many members here know how to share their opinon in decent discussion.

Did you miss the part of the op where I said this guy is a conspiracy theory guy and is pretty far out, but runs across some interesting things from time to time? Or did you just not read that far into the thread, because you saw someone's face?

I suppose if if someone came to you with possible the most credible and important information you have ever heard you would refuse it, because of your precoceived notion/ideas about them?

I just can't figure out what drives you to treat others in this manner, I probably never will and that is more than fine with me.

Is this what ATS is coming to? jeez, I sure hope not, but it seems to be what is going on here.
edit on 3-3-2011 by esteay812 because: eke

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I suppose not eveyone is (yet) aware of this insane man, and his ridiculous rants....however,

Seems he is not the only one with insane rants... but what has he got to do with it? The video of the event is on Chinese news He didn't film it

Sundog...

Not Sundog

Don't know what caused this effect but it is not a standard sun dog

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4

It's not lense flare it's a sundog!!!
A sundog is when the image of the sun reflects off ice crystals in the upper atmosphere which creates a mirror of the sun right next to it.
en.wikipedia.org...

From your link...

The sundogs are NOT right next to the sun as in the Chinese video, furthermore the sun is partially covered by clouds.. both of them

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Is it just me or does the object on the right look like the moon and the one on the left the sun? Could be a plausible explanation to what we are seeing here. Perhaps the Sun and moon just happened to be close that morning/evening.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
When there is already a thread on this subject, why not close this one and keep the discussion all together?

I posted this link yesterday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

I have no problem with that. I did asearch before starting this thread, but didn't really know what to search for. That is probably the reason I didn't return any results. I didn't see the proper forum to post this in either,but figured ufos/aliens would do, considering if it is an object/planetary body it could harbour alien life and many here would get a kick out of seeing it / speculating on it.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't think the Chinese video is a "sundog" either.

But...it IS an optical anomaly, and not an image of an actual object!!

To even entertain the notion for a microsecond is ludicrous!! When have people lost all of their reasoning and logic skills? How many Human beings on this planet see the Sun every day (when it's not overcast) and also have access to the Internet, have a telephone, or if nothing else, have a pen and paper to write a letter, for gosh sakes!!

Does anyone git the drift, here?? Why must something so obvious (like also, "obvious" as in a SECOND SUN in the sky!!) need to be pointed out? I mean....why is this even deserving of a thread, is what I can't comprehend....

If I found a video online, from a bloke in Pago Pago say.....and the sky was purple in the video, and I posted it up and composed a nice, provocative thread title....I wonder what sort of reaction it would get?

Now....IF, though....there was some sort of Urban Legend bouncing around on the Webz for some time, about a possible alien death ray that, when it is activated, makes the sky turn purple...and, even though there was NO REAL evidence for such a thing, people still had blogs, and discussion threads and lots of fear and angst over the possibility of this dreaded (and imaginary) "death ray"...so much so, that many, many "believed" in it, like a faith of some sort....

....having THAT as a background in my analogy, and THEN posting up an image from Pago Pago of a purple sky....gee, wouldn't that fan the flames of abject paranoia??

Can anyone see the parallels, here??

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Apparently topics such as this are subject for a thread to 'git' varying responses... You, yourself, prove that. If it isn't worthy of a thread, surely it wouldn't be worthy of a reply, no matter what that reply consists of - people having civil discussion or people bashing others. A reply is a reply and if a thread garners a reply, then it is probably an ok idea for a thread, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
How does a sundog or lens artifact stay looking the same from different views. UM JUST SAYEN???? And if they seen it with their eyes no glasses. I just dont know.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

To even entertain the notion for a microsecond is ludicrous!! When have people lost all of their reasoning and logic skills?

It's something they put in the water
When even MSM and retired military claim a contrail is a missile launched from a Chinese sub that snuck up on us off the coast of CA next to several major NAVY bases then you can understand what the real conspiracy is, yes?

But here is the problem Herr Wacker... when the skeptobunkers(TM) come charging is and ranting like madmen that "IT'S A SUNDOG" don't they look just as foolish? Now if they came in and said what it really was and how the effect is created, that would be different. I am sure China has seen sundogs and I see no videos of them... So this one is unusual.

Might be a fake too

Here is that photo from Pago Pago...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The sun is melting and changing shape:

There is an angel in the sky:

The sun is being squashed by a black hole and has turned into a diamond shape:

Three suns:

Spliced sun:

This is all caused by refraction. Lots of things can cause refraction like curvature of the earth and particles in the air. Learn about prisms, and you will find your answers.
edit on 4-3-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

LOL!

Here is that photo from Pago Pago...

I said, sky!

....not clouds....

Because, in my made-up story, the "purple sky" is the hoax and fear meme....but! IF you see the purple clouds??

RUN!!! Find tinfoil, and cover yourself completely! (Aluminum won't work, BTW...it must be tin.....).

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
where i live i had clear skies 3 days ago. 2 days ago i saw heavy contrails that layerd out
yesterday was the same thing to the point where the ("layer of fog"
) blocks out the sun.
today its been gray and rainy
i havnt seen a clear sun in almost a week?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm stuck on the title still. Populated areas?

How much population? I live where there are other people, therefore populated

I've seen nothing unusual. Not on clear days, clear nights, cloudy days.....

Maybe everything is in populated areas in the south, therefore I'm too north?

At least I can look up on a clear night and see Betelguese, behaving himself/itself.....

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Those are some very beautiful an irregular pictures! Thanks for posting them. I can see one of the photos does appear to rsemble what is seen in the OP video. It does look a bit different though and I am sure that it wouldn't look identical in any case.

Thanks again for the images!

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JayXBraun

Do you live near Knoxville TN??

I do and 3 days ago was one of the most impressively clear blue skies. I noticed a couple contrails and they were disappearing quickly. I thought to myself then that I should take a video and post in some in the chem/contrails forum. 2 days ago the sky had become slightly overcast, and you could clearly see that the multiple contrails had expanded to cover a large portion of the sky.

Today the sky is completely overcast, but even with the overcast sky you can clearly make out the contrails and how they have spread to cover the sky.

Had I realized 3 days ago it would have looked like this today I would have definitely recorded a video. The weather feels much the same all week. I haven't noticed any large weather systems move in, but I am not too shooled in that area.

I will definitely make a video the next time I notice such a clear day and see if the following days unfold like this past week has... sorry for off topic, just thought your post was interesting, considering I noticed the same thing here.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Well, I suppose maybe assuming that populated areas meant ALL populated areas, which it does not.

However, the video was taken from A populated area, much more so than where conspiracy theorists believe the new planetary body is being watched from - the South Pole, which is NOT a populated area, when compared to where this video originated from.

So a populated area? Yes.

ALL populated areas? NO.
edit on 4-3-2011 by esteay812 because: eeek

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

reply to post by esteay812

Is this the future of ATS?? If so, it is truly disheartening......

Hah, not the future. This is how ATS has been for a while.
Hence why I've only visited maybe 3 times in the last few months.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Sorry for being off topic on this reply.

I was really only being sarcastic, because of what the member said in their post. I don't think that ATS is like this overall, though I do agree with you that it is becoming more and more this way.

It is dis-heartening to see many come here and blindly bash people, without enough respect to give an explanation of why they feel the way they do.

Maybe ATS could give demerits to offending members. When they accrue a certain number of demerits, the member has to complete a class on the ATS conduct code, another class on how to treat fellow members with respect, and finally a class that teaches how to tie both of them together.

I would go through that, without getting demerits, to be a better member . That could be why you have to have so many posts before starting threads. Seems like the longer some members are here the farther they get from being a respectful, insightful member.

I believe the number of members who like civil discussion, and make great threads and respectful replies, heavily outnumber the dis-respectful/trolling members. It may be the fact that negative things are more memorable than the good things someone can say or do - here or in everyday life.

Some members may not even realize they are being negative. They may be misrepresenting their intentions, without even knowing it - I am guilty of doing that.

There are definitely some who are chronic offenders and a ATS training session should be in order for them

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join