It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a total collapse of Society the best we can hope for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
After reading here and watching the news over the years I have come to wonder if the collapse of society might not be the best thing for the human race as a whole. It would allow us the chance to start over and MAYBE not make the same mistakes. I would prefer that we change society.....but to be honest I dont think there is a snowballs chance that we as a people will even seriously attempt it.....although the uprisings in the middle east have given me a glimmer of hope that it might catch on over here.

While societys collapse would be bloody and horrible........in my opinion a society where everyone is chipped, watched, scanned, controled and forced to fit into whaever moldt those in power wish us to be......is by far worse...........especially since once in total control escape and change would be almost impossible.

Maybe it will be the lesser of two evils since we will probably never change this course without everyone being FORCED to change it.

For the record.....I pray I am wrong

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Destruction is a form of creation

Is a total collapse of Society the best we can hope for? Yes, basically.
edit on 3-3-2011 by CandiceZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
S&F.
I think this is what it would take in America as well.
The fact is, a lot of people don't want to be unplugged
from the matrix. It's going to take something really
bad to happen to get everyone in the streets demanding
change.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think so, and the sooner the better. I am almost ready for that kind of a shtf scenario.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The dream of a perfect society has haunted man since his most ancient days, and in a myriad guises...yet almost every time it has been tried, the result has been bloodshed and terror, on ever increasing scales. Wouldn't the best way be backwards-compatible with as much as possible? Why should we have to re-invent the wheel...or the sewer-line, for that matter? Isn't it usually more effective to live humbly for a goal than to die nobly for it? Aren't the little, incremental, forgotten everyday changes the true unsung heroes of human happiness? Just a thought, not saying this is etched in stone...

edit on 3/3/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

There is so much wrong with the society right now...terribly wrong. I don't believe that it will get better anytime soon. A total collapse isn't fiction or fantasy any more, but a frightening yet hopeful possibility.

I just don't see any other way that could change how the world is played. It is scary to think of tomorrow's world where my children and grandchildren will live, if it doesn't change and only gets worse.

I pray for a better tomorrow. Everyday.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Is a total collapse of Society the best we can hope for?

I don't know, probably.

Either way were all about to find out

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Would say that from the way things are going.. Western "civilisation" will collapse - for a time it will be rough but also see signs that a change for the better will come of it .. Suspect it will be the worst in the u.s as
1. People have lost the rugged individualism that they had..
(Rely too much on the state forgot how to farm, fish etc )
2. The prevalence of firearms and mentality that violence solves problems.
3. Too entrenched in the belief in the current system / government - as unlike those here on ats most are clueless..
It will be the "birthing pains" of a new and hopefuly better society / world...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The best solution to all our problems is to remove the top 10% of the population, that minority of the people who have acquired the majority of the wealth and power.

We are living in a game of Monopoly and they have won, Game over. You don't throw the game away or kill ALL the players. No, You collect all the properties, all the wealth and redistribute the wealth to the players and begin the game anew, from a relatively equal footing.

We change the rules a little to correct wrongs that surfaced during the previous game. There need to be CAPS on how MUCH and how LITTLE people are allowed to have. All excess amounts are property of the common good. The most important uses being to ensure that no one has too little followed but preparation for unforeseen disasters

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

But do you REALLY see this happening?

I see more same old same old happening over and over. This is my saddest thought.....that NOTHING will change without a bloody rebirth

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What is up with all these "Doom & Gloom" threads as of late asking if either social or governmental collapse is imminent? This really friengtens me whereas only you have the power to allow this to become our future and must be prepared to stop it if nessecary.

Social collapse happens TS will really HTF as that is our absolute last social safety net and the final layer of glue that helps keep this ball spinning. Without it everything we all know ever will end.

TPTB, NWO want it so bad they are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that it happens while what we gotta do is remain steadfast, on course and resiliant so that we don't get suckered into this black hole that will consume us all.

There are so many moves undefroot using a couple hundered avenues that is happening now all collectively and cooperatively working together trying to avoid something like this from occuring so you all can rest assured that there are individuals monitiring this entire ordeal 24/7365.
edit on 4-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Wealth loses a great deal of its power when you suddenly have a broad spectrum of the population finding itself excluded from any hope. Too much wealth in too few hands, political power for sell to the highest bidder and they have no money.

When it finally sinks in what has happened to them through collusion of vested interests, that not only our past, present and future have been looted, but fiscal mismanagement has been enacted to ensure our current civilization to fall.

These same miscreants are waving their sabres and seeking to start even more wars, destroying and consuming the natural resources they are striving for.

It is better for a million of the rich to die for their beliefs than a hundred million poor to die in wars for which they have nothing to gain. It has become a class struggle that crosses national borders and ideologies. If you are going to be forced to kill and die, do it for your reasons, stop this ridiculous cycle of corrupt power. Every one knows that when you are killing a serpent you cut off its head.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld
S&F.
I think this is what it would take in America as well.
The fact is, a lot of people don't want to be unplugged
from the matrix. It's going to take something really
bad to happen to get everyone in the streets demanding
change.

"I can hire one-half of the working class to kill the other half."-Jay Gould

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

i think that you are right about this, although it terrifies me to even conprehend what that would mean for most of the human population and then the aftermath. but then who knows if the human race will ever really learn from there mistakes

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Whether things stay the same or we have a total collapse of society it won't make a difference.

This is only because the people that are too deeply seeded and behind all the uprisings that you see today are not going to be any different than it is now. It might seem like it for a little bit but it won't as long as man has had a governing body greed and corruption always takes control and you're right back at square one.

I don't care what kind of government you have they are all the same, because for some reason man seems the need to have a currency that is worthless and pointless. This also leads to people feeling as if they are elite and better then someone else.

I think the only way we could ever have peace is to abolish all governments and just have lets say a council of ethics. This would be kind of like a jury and you would have no choice but to take part at some time. When a law of nature or harm is brought on a fellow living being then you would have to answer to that.

This I believe would be the only way for everyone on this planet to be free and at peace.
edit on 10-4-2011 by IncognitoGhostman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join