It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ILL. gun owners it is time for you move.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
www.therepublic.com... from link

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — A plan to prevent releasing the names of those authorized to have guns in Illinois stalled Wednesday, despite gun owners' burgeoning concern over privacy and safety prompted by the attorney general's opinion that the information is public record.
It seems they do not want you to have your owner ship unknown.
edit on 3-3-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Its really not all that unknown anyhow. Considering most individuals undergo a NCIS check anyhow?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

How in the World.. how the effing hell is the ownership of a gun PUBLIC INFORMATION? What the hell is wrong with these liberal imbeciles? This bill serves absolutely no purpose what so ever other than to antagonize people for no reason what so ever.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I was just reading about this a few minutes ago and was looking to see if it had been posted yet. I'm happy that someone else saw the news about this and got it up!

As an Illinois resident and a gun owner, I have a problem with this. It wasn't a huge issue for me to undergo the background check required to get my FOID card, I knew that it was a requirement before I applied for my card, but it is an altogether different matter to have my name and location published for any random whackjob to read.

So what happens when some anti-gun lunatic decides to go batpoop crazy and come visit and harass and terrify some family because one of them happens to be a gun owner? The police can't be everywhere at once, can they?

What happens if the names and addresses are published and it is MY family who has some anti-gun lunatic show up? I don't have a gun safe yet, so I keep my guns stored at my sister and brother-in-law's house a few towns away in my b-i-l's gun safe until I get enough saved up to buy my own. I have no gun here to defend my self and, let's be honest, my sword collection is useful as a really super cool bit of decoration, but not all that functional. I sure can't intimidate anyone into leaving by being scary and intimidating. I'm not. I'm about 5'1" and barely top 105 fully clothed. I am a pretty pretty princess and I'm not scary even when I'm trying to be. Sure I'm married and my husband is a big guy, but he works a lot and often works very late - like into the 9 to 10 pm range. He won't be here to protect my child and me.

There is no scenario in which this is a good idea. Frankly, it is between the state and me that I am a gun owner (and even that chafes some) and I don't see any possible reason on this earth why anyone else needs to have that information. Lisa Madigan is doing this to punish and intimidate gun owners and that is not acceptable. Anyone who lives here and takes an interest in local politics and politicians should know that it isn't any secret that Madigan is not a fan of gun owners.

I was bothered by this when I read about it just a bit ago and the more I worry about what might come of this, the more upset and worried I get. I'm a gun owner and I shouldn't have to fear for my safety because some anti-gun lunatic politician has it out for gun owners.

Take care,
Cindi

new topics

top topics

join