It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Third War: Texas Farmers Under Attack at the Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
A piece from the story

In Texas, nearly 8,200 farms and ranches back up to the Mexican border.

The men and women who live and work on those properties say they’re under attack from the same drug cartels blamed for thousands of murders in Mexico.

“It’s a war, make no mistake about it,” Texas Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples said. “And it’s happening on American soil.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Want to read stories from farmers who are living this day in and day out?

www.protectyourtexasborder.com...

Forget about Iraqi and Afghanistan, the states have more problems at home - take care of their own. Farmers are being TOLD to leave their land - or else....and the real sad thing about it - if the farmers take action and defend their rights, the government won't be on their side.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Who knows what's really going on when the article comes from Fox News. They dish out false reports like Taco Bell dishes out 35% real beef!

edit on 3-3-2011 by TheyWontBelieveU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Defend your farm on American soil from ruthless Mexican drug lords and you are punished, what part of that makes any sense? But of course to our government must protect the murdering illegal drug lords over the safety of American farmers. What a surprise there!

How about this, Texas tells the farmers/ranchers “shoot to kill”... but then the feds will come in and tell them they have no right to defend themselves. I have never even thought it was possible to hate your country with as much of a passion as the thugs in DC do.
edit on 3/3/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Isn't this what all those guns, being trotted around by Texans, are supposed to be for? Or are those just for talk?

Is this a case of "Walk loudly and carry a Twig"?

You've got your guns, used them...not afraid of a few "Chicanos", are we?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This sounds like "let´s prepare the american opinion for acceptance of mexican intervention"

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is BS IMO.....
There are no police reports i am seeing of farmers being attacked...
Just an article, from fox news at that...

This is more propaganda to get you to hate mexicans.

Fox news seems to be hell bent on creating a race war in america, from what I see...
Between Omaba and illegals being blamed for the country being a mess, its obvious what they are trying to do here...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420
This is BS IMO.....
There are no police reports i am seeing of farmers being attacked...
Just an article, from fox news at that...

This is more propaganda to get you to hate mexicans.

Fox news seems to be hell bent on creating a race war in america, from what I see...
Between Omaba and illegals being blamed for the country being a mess, its obvious what they are trying to do here...

Well, you may be right, but the second link in the OP goes to, among other things, a statement by Todd Staples, the Texas Commisioner of Agriculture. He doesn't seem to be dismissing claims of danger to border area Texans.

I really don't get where you going with the Fox wanting to create a race war idea. There's no evidence of that and it doesn't make much sense to me. But it's really possible that I'm missing something.

Anyway, I don't think your claim of BS has been shown to be valid.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
FOX news ? give me a break

edit on 3-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Dear xavi1000,
If you're replying to me, please note that I didn't cite Fox for anything. I cited the Texas Commissioner of Agriculture. But it may be that you're responding to Baphomet420's idea that Fox is trying to start a race war. In that case, I agree with you completely.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

No , i wasn't replying to you ....my note was for first part of the OP and that source .
Have a nice day

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
the second link in the OP goes to, among other things, a statement by Todd Staples, the Texas Commisioner of Agriculture. He doesn't seem to be dismissing claims of danger to border area Texans.

...staples will say anything to promote gop bs and to get federal money but, contrary to what he says, that money (if its awarded) will not go towards safeguarding texan farmers or ranchers along the border... it'll be wasted AGAIN, just like always...

...that website is gop orchestrated "keep em scared" junk... sos, different day...

Anyway, I don't think your claim of BS has been shown to be valid.

...everything that comes via fox news is heavily laced with bs... its not journalism, not even close...

...many texans have had their property stolen, errr, uh, forceably purchased by the government for pennies on the dollar for the nafta superhighway and/or for the border fence project that corporations made millions (billions?) off of even though the fence didnt even slow down illegal immigration... this has been going on for decades... how much time has fox given to that?... a few seconds here and there - maybe...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

The TX Dept of Agriculture, and the Texas Ranger in the video from protectyourtexasborder.com, are telling the truth.

The really messed up thing is these armed drug runners have been crossing rampantly at least since the early to mid '90s. I know plenty of people who've seen it besides myself. Even a guy who worked on the famous King Ranch saw it happening in broad daylight.

Having spent time on hunting ranches right on the Rio Grande (near Laredo), and 4 miles away from the river during several years in the '90s, I witnessed 1st hand: smugglers crossing the ranches late at night with black outfits, black balaclavas, black backpacks and moving silently in 15-20 man groups. Also on a ranch 30 miles away from the river, but closer to Del Rio, moving in single file at night (along the power transmission lines, silently with the same appearance.
I couldn't see the weapons but I was warned by those from the two areas that they were there, most likely full-auto assault rifles or sub-machineguns.

In my opinion, it's almost like they're given carte blanche. If I could see them and I'm just a hunter there for a couple of months out of the year, imagine what dedicated LEO types could do in their spare time? I can guarantee if they wanted a run-in, there could have been some gun battles like they see in Mexico right now.

Maybe the LEOs are under-funded, under-manned, or whatever. But aren't there at least a few Elliot Ness's out there anymore?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Amen to that.
Texas farmers, like ALL farmers worldwide, have more to fear from our federal government than any puny Mexican cartel.
No one that I know of is scared of Mexicans or drug cartels, but an encounter with any federal agent is something no one wants. People are starting to feel like their back is up against the wall, and it isn't drug cartels doing it.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Dear Wyn Hawks,

Thanks for your ccomments. May I try another source? Will the San Diego Examiner do? One of their reporters wrote about two Texas ranchers being evicted from their ranches by Mexican gangs. The article revisits the original story and gets police confirmation. I found it here:

www.examiner.com... tical-buzz-in-san-diego/los-zetas-cartels-takeover-texas-ranches-revisited

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Questions:
Are you from Texas? Your line of thinking is not what I've heard from friends and relatives living on the border.

Example, I call my Dad in Laredo. He does not live right on the the river, probably 5+ miles away. I ask "Can you hear the gunfire?" He says "Not so much, but when the grenades go off definitely." His wife's relatives across cannot sell property, so that they can get out. Even at rock bottom prices.

Have you spent time on the border, besides sippin' Margaritas for a couple of days?

The border was dangerous 30 years ago, I lived there and worked the oilfields. Now it is 10x worse. From a S. Texan native.
edit on 3-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: spelling

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings

Are you from Texas?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

May I try another source? Will the San Diego Examiner do?

...no, it wont do - because - i dont give a hoot about what anyone in cali says about texas - but - besides that, your linkie no workie...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Everything I said is the truth. What the TDA and the TX Rangers said is the truth. You effectively called me/them liars.

So you must have some political or other agenda, since you shoot down every point I made without any investigation, only ridicule and insinuation.

You must work for the "Yanaguana/San Antonio River" Chamber of Commerce, maybe, or "Falcon Lake Boat Tours-Free Bullet proof Vests!" Flush out your headgear, please.

edit on 4-3-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Dear Wyn Hawks,

Thanks for responding. You are a tough one to please, but I/m sorry my link didn't work so I'm trying a new link to the same story. The reason I think it's relevant is because it contains the Laredo, TX police department blotter entry.

The police blotter tells the story of the events that unfolded on July 23rd;

“On Friday 7-23-10 Laredo Webb informed that their county SWAT Team is conducting an operation in the Mines Rd. area. According to LT. Garcia with LSO (Laredo Sheriff Office) received a call from a ranch owner stating that the Zetas had taken over his ranch. As per the 17 (reporting person) he informed them that they stated La Compania (area name for Zetas) was taking the ranch and no one was permitted on the ranch without permission. SO (Sheriff Office) will have an unmarked green Ford Taurus with two officers stationed at Los Compadres and a white Chevy Tahoe with two officers stationed at Mineral Rd. The LSO (Laredo Sheriff Office) will maintain surveillance in the area and advise if action is taken. Susp (suspect) Veh (vehicle) are described as a gray or silver Audi, a BLK (black) Escalade or Navigator and a van truck with a logo of a car wash spot free on the side. Border Patrol also has their response team on scene. Also known info of BMW’s and Corvettes entering and leaving the area. Auth LT Lichtenberger if assistance is requested LPD (Laredo Police Department) will secure the outer perimeter. (07/24/10 07:42:10 NR1873)”

sdrostra.com...

I think, if you're going to be in the least fair, you'll have to admit there is some border violence in Texas. You might be better off arguing that there isn't much violence. That's vague enough to allow for discussion forever.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The border was dangerous 30 years ago,

...then you must be a nervous nellie cuz thats bs...

My husband's family is from brownsville, which is right on the border and according to their perspective, things have been dangerous for a long time, and continues to get worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join