It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YMCA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Besides the song, has anyone ever noticed the mission statement for the organization? Just came across it by accident and struck me as strange...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by siddisone

i dont know there missions statement but i did see in the nws a few months back they are changeing there name just to Y instead of ymca. not sure if that has anything to do with what you are talking about tho

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The YMCA of greater San Antonio's site it full of symbolism, If you look at the bottom of the page it list's the mission statement, I can't find this exact statement on any other city's ymca sites, why is it not matching?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by siddisone
Besides the song, has anyone ever noticed the mission statement for the organization? Just came across it by accident and struck me as strange...

why don't you post the mission statement instead of making us search for it....

Cmon man, a line and a half for a topic start?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Maybe you are talking about this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c6bd75c3f6ad.jpg[/atsimg]

If not lemme know.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralussicksicksick

hahaha, nice...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by siddisone

The national YMCA federation in the United States expresses its mission:
To put Christian principles in to practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all

What's the surprise in that?

Y young
M men's
C Christian
A association

I suppose that if you didn't know what it stood for, you might wonder. There's also a "YWCA" with similar values. Oh, and the Salvation Army is actually a Christian church, that might catch people up, too.

edit on 3-3-2011 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yea, the start of the thread is weak because I did not come in with some outrageous claim, or come with some bias. I see the star in the a, and an upside down pyramid just for starters. I'm not saying this is anything new or mind blowing, just is still a strange page. However, why does the mission statement say Judeo-Christian principals on the San Antonio page but just plain Christian on others?
edit on 3-3-2011 by siddisone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by siddisone
However, why does the mission statement say Judeo-Christian principals on the San Antonio page but just plain Christian on others?

I guess that you'd have to ask the people at the San Antonio YMCA, but that term is a general one, reflective of the fact that Christianity is derivative of Judaism. People seem to forget that Jesus was Jewish, his followers were all Jewish, and for the first generation of the faith, it was inconceivable that you could be a Christian and NOT be a Jew.

join