It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton: ‘America Is Losing’ An Information War That ‘Al Jazeera Is Winning’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appeared before a U.S. Foreign Policy Priorities committee this morning and was asked by Senator Richard Lugar (R-IN) to opine on U.S. diplomatic communication efforts, specifically regarding broadcast media. Clinton did not mince words, claiming that the U.S. is in an “information war and we are losing that war,” and later adding that “Al Jazeera is winning.” The Secretary of state also appeared to make a case for public broadcasting by averring that “our private media cannot fill that gap.”

Reporting for Bloomberg News, Nicole Gaulette

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
still trying to figure out how to embed video in my threads...sorry for the technical difficulty

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Last i heard Al jazeera was owned by Israeli and US interests. They own the voice of the opposition. Pretty coy.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Wow I hadnt heard that....what about Russia today? i believe she mentions them also....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Al Jazeera is the chief conduit of "Osama Bin Laden" messages, even though they motivate the West to fight Islam.

Al Jazeera has unparalled reach in the Arab/Moslem world. Yet it broadcasts "Bin Laden" tapes without questioning their veracity. These tapes accept responsibility for 9/11, and threaten the West - thus fuelling the War on Terror, even when more people are questioning it.

Many of the initial staff at Al Jazeera came from the BBC Arabic service. It would not be surprising if a few British or US agents were among them. Mossad agents are less likely but not impossible. Such agents could be running editorial policy at Al Jazeera.
edit on 3-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The problem with Al Jazeera is that this is an activist network and not a news network. As such, this network doesn't broadcast in 100% percent realstic way.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Last i heard Al jazeera was owned by Israeli and US interests. They own the voice of the opposition. Pretty coy.

They are losing the credibility war, that is the problem. I am a hard core patriot, and even I think the circus in DC is beyond a farce. Al Jazeera seems more credible, at least for the niche of information I am seeking from them.

I saw people in Tripoli today declaring their love for Ghadaffi. Why? Because he has them believing that the revolution is about keeping the US from turning them into another Iraq. It is easy to sway them against the US because despite the way US citizens percieve their country, we have perpetrated many evils on the world.

If you need no other proof, the parallels of usury by force between the US/Federal Reserve system and the Italian Mafia should suffice. Smedley Butler exposed it in the 1930's.

Of course we are losing the information war. We have no credibility with these people. Rightfully.

new topics

top topics

join