It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview With Dr. John Alexander: ATS at the 2011 UFO Conference in Arizona

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Oh there is a short clip on Youtube showing all the leader and ranking officers and scientist and such people.

I think undercoveralien had it on his channel. But I can’t find the one I'm thinking of to show you.
I’ll keep looking for you.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

That would be great, thank you.

Sadly, I've seen almost every single interview, heard the majority of testimonies, attended 3 conferences personally, and still have yet to see any tangible proof. Tangible being the key word. I've heard enough circumstantial evidence to point to the fact of aliens existing, but in fairness that is not proof.

The biggest piece of evidence I have is a few "odd" expieriences, but being completely honest even that is not proof to me.

I'm in the camp of "believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see".

Again, I believe we have been visited. I also believe that UFOs are "black" technology. That's as far as I'm willing to go at this moment.

edit on 3-3-2011 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Oh your after solid forensic evidence, not just someone from the government saying it. Yeah the only evidence I know of are the ones taken by Dr. Roger Leir Alien Scalpel.
And I have also heard of a pubic hair sample, but I don’t know what became of that.

I don’t think any government will show the public that kind of disclosure.

The only evidence we will see coming from any governments will be if someone smuggles something out. And even then people won’t believe what it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think he hit the nail on the head I doubt the govt. knows much more than the rest of us. My thinking is this has left the govt. channels and is now being run by a few wealthy business men. As far as disclosure goes the govt. doesnt know anything really groundbreaking to disclose. just look what the british released today in there ufo files. Nothing really groundbreaking there I think there as clueless and helpless as the rest of us mere humanoids.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Are there more videos?

I personally would rather sit and watch Bill go talk to folks all day long rather than the crap on TV.

If I could afford it I would have come to the conference for sure, but video of the ATS crew there is a close 2nd best, and I would enjoy the heck out of it.

edit on 3-3-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Will there be more ATS interviews with this guy? He's certainly got the credentials, and he at least comes across as intelligent.

I was impressed enough to go looking for his book.

But I have to wonder at some things. He says that disclosure has come, and that presidents and military top brass have brought disclosure. But disclosure of what? That the Government is covering up ET? Doesn't seem to be his position. That the Government is covering up black programs? Well, at least with regard to ufos it seems to be his testimony that they (mostly) aren't doing that. So "disclosure" from presidents and top brass officials is nothing more than disclosure that people do in fact report seeing and photographing ufos and that the government doesn't know what they are either?

He surely isn't referring to disclosure of the kind promulgated by the "disclosure project". Some of those guys (top brass) really go right into ET and massive government coverups of reverse engineered ET craft, recovery of humanoid bodies, etc. Would he call that type of information "disclosure"? I suspect not.

I do agree with him that the education system has failed when people are unable to discern when they are being conned by people making up demonstrably false stories and when they are seemingly unable to discern authoritative sources from trash (and also from disinformation). Most of the people researching UFOs seem ignorant of basic science, mathematics and how we can be sure of certain things which are known to be facts. In short, they are either deliberately misleading ignorant people for profit, or they are themselves uneducated and ignorant.

It does make sense that governments are so bureaucratic, paranoid and incompetent that they surely aren't behind a coverup of UFOs. They are far more worried about what the other guy is doing and what the public thinks of them.

But I start to lose him when he says that there is no career motivation for a military man to look into UFOs.

It stands to reason that if any earth based entity has the capacity and funding to engineer ufos it is the military, large military contractors and aerospace firms. It's simply not credible that militaries have not invested in experiments in such areas and even less credible that military contractors haven't. It also stands to reason that if other militaries and their contractors are doing it, then certainly the US military and its contractors are doing it. The US couldn't even potentially allow their competitors to get an edge on them.

I'll also bet that Mr. Alexander didn't just get access to some magical archive of all military knowledge and projects when he had his TSSCI classification. I'm betting the top secret classified information is so compartmentalised that absolutely no one has the whole picture. Whilst he may have drawn the conclusion that the military did not have a single body which oversees recording ufo sightings (at least not any more), I bet he cannot be so confident in asserting that projects to develop what we might call ufos don't exist.

If they can do it, they do. And they certainly can.

I look forward to seeing more interviews with this guy to see what else he has to say.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Col. Alexander certainly has some important things to say about the issue. To compare him to Phil Klass (John Lear's accusation) is certainly unfair, although he's does come across as a little too easily dismissive of what he calls 'true believers.'

He's definitely a believer of sorts himself, but what he believes, exactly, is hard to get out of him. It's well-known, of course, that besides his scholarly interest in Thanatology, he's also shown an avid interest in plenty of paranormal & fringe science topics from Shamanism to Remote Viewing to Spoon Bending.

Here's an interview of his with Fortean Times that is I think is indicative of--especially in regards to John Hutchison of The Hutchison Effect infamy--being a 'true believer' of sorts himself. My question for him would be what he thinks of the Interdimensional Hypothesis as I'm pretty sure he leans that way given his interests.

All-in-all he's quite a fascinating character and obviously packs an impressive intellect.

Thanks for bringing us this interview with one of the most intriguing characters around. He fits in so many of the categories here on ATS that it's hard to think of anyone else who spans so many from Aliens & UFOS to Paranormal Studies to Secret Societies to Philosophy & Metaphysics & More--there are few like him.

Okay...now how 'bout an ATS interview with Dr. Christopher "Kit" Green.

S&F

edit on 3-3-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Col. John B. Alexander will be on ATS Live this weekend, I believe that Skeptic Overlord mentioned it in the opening post, looking forward to that as it will be more in depth.

As I posted earlier in this thread George Knapp interviewed him on Sunday Feb. 20, 2011 on Coast.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

We did that...
video.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

The Fortean times interview you linked is great. This quote from that interview is a real pearl:

Interviewer: "Do you think the US government now is covering up some essential truth about UFOs?"

Alexander: "Almost certainly not. It’s funny how people tend to think the US government is incom­petent in all other areas, but is super-efficient and omniscient on the subject of UFOs."

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

as for the hair sample, it was tested and found to be of extremely RARA genetic lineage, a relation could only be traced to a pygmy tribe, you can find out more about it in Mary Rodwell's videos (hope i spelled her name right) so if that's not enough for you, how about all those implants recovered? I even PERSONALLY know someone with one...can you guess who? lol!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Nothing of interest for me in this interview, i think it is just another book selling tour like many others.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I feel like better questions could have been asked, and that the interviewer was nervous and a bit reactive. I'm right in line with Dr. Alexander's viewpoint, but I feel somewhat that this was a missed opportunity. I anticipate that different info will come out of the live interview this weekend when the ATS community gets to drive.

No disrespect at ATS and the awesome, awesome folks that make this place run. You're doing a great job, and I love being here.

Hate when it hurts to be honest.

edit on 3-3-2011 by Elepheagle because: Forgot punctuation.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Well that's odd. Alexander talks about the gullibility of true believers...

I just looked at the Hutchinson effect on Hutchinson's website. I see gallium being passed off as aluminium and steel, objects being lifted by string and well, not much else.

Something does stick in my mind though. Alexander says that Hutchinson came up with this stuff because he likes to sit in the dark and watch sparks and that when he met the guy he was on methadone.

Umm, that is the sort of stuff you say about someone when you want to discredit them. It's a pretty well known technique developed to a fine art by certain cults, military psyops and other nefarious groups.

It's puzzling though. In the next breath he's saying that stuff really did happen around Hutchinson as though he believes it is a genuine phenomenon (though probably psychic).

I need to see more from this guy. I'm afraid I'm leaning towards type 2 information at this point.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

The reason why the "ET's" haven't stepped in during world war, genocide, and famine is the simple reasoning that doing so will infringe on the Free Will of the people on Earth. It would ruin the normal running of things like contact has in the passed.

Otherwise, he brings up some incredibly significant points.
edit on 3-3-2011 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by The GUT

We did that...

Something other than swine flu por favor. Interview technique was good on what I watched though.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
reply to post by The GUT

Well that's odd. Alexander talks about the gullibility of true believers...

...Umm, that is the sort of stuff you say about someone when you want to discredit them. It's a pretty well known technique developed to a fine art by certain cults, military psyops and other nefarious groups.

It's puzzling though. In the next breath he's saying that stuff really did happen around Hutchinson as though he believes it is a genuine phenomenon (though probably psychic).

I need to see more from this guy. I'm afraid I'm leaning towards type 2 information at this point.

Good point for consideration. Col. Alexander does know his way around disinfo/psy-ops.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I enjoyed the video interview, thank you for posting. I will be reading the new book by John Alexander.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Maybe he's into psi research, but was/is he also into psyops?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
reply to post by The GUT

Maybe he's into psi research, but was/is he also into psyops?

Loosely at the very least.

ALEXANDER: Non-lethal weapons comprise a very broad category, and they can include chemical, electromagnetic, low-kinetic impact, acoustic, and some will even include information warfare…

…Now, there may be another definition that you may mean, and that may be what we call perception management, which is different in that it infers that we will influence the perception of our actions, and those of our adversaries. I might say there that a) it is very important, and b) our policy has been to report accurately factual information. Now that does not mean that we say everything we know, but in general, the information we put out is truthful...
archives.cnn.com...

No to mention the allegations/hypothesis of possible psyops/disinfo with the aviary crowd.

And:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-3-2011 by The GUT because: added better link

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join