It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Like We Always Say: When TSHTF - You Call America For Help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinterzorg
They're just asking the United States to put their money where their mouth is.

And the US does it now and then, just to maintain credibility.

But I thought the world didn't want the U.S. money? I thought they all thought our foreign policy approach was simply a new Manifest Destiny?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Umm so let me get this right .. You are calling the UN (as in United Nations) , USA? From what I understand from the quote he is calling for a UN intervention and the no-fly zone quote was a figure of speech.

I might be wrong so I checked what wiki has to say about the UN

The United Nations Organization (UNO) or simply the United Nations (UN) is an international organization whose stated aims are facilitating cooperation in international law, international security, economic development, social progress, human rights, and achievement of world peace. The UN was founded in 1945 after World War II to replace the League of Nations, to stop wars between countries, and to provide a platform for dialogue. It contains multiple subsidiary organizations to carry out its missions.
There are currently 192 member states, including every sovereign state in the world but the Vatican City . From its offices around the world, the UN and its specialized agencies decide on substantive and administrative issues in regular meetings held throughout the year

edit on 3/3/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/3/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Did you link to that article from Drudge Report?

I note that the news article has now had that quote from the rebel asking for Bush's help removed....

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So, what's the whole point of this post???, to tell something everybody already know?, It's no secret that the US do commit intromission, the US act like its the world's gendarme, the self proclaimed "good guy" and this is what pisses a lot of people, why don't the US government take good care of home instead cleaning the dirt of some other's house???

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Libyans should be left to defend themselves, there were never any air raids either, the United States should mind its own business and leave these nations alone. But alas such a concept bewilders the internationalists who find that humanitarian intervention is necessary and America is here to 'save the day', yes I am so sure of that [sarcasm]. Our media cannot stop talking about Libya yet there are brutal assaults and uprisings across Africa and parts of the Middle East, reason why we do not speak of intervention there, situation is not great enough for us to take over the oil.

Intervention in Libya is a repeat of the Iraq war, now they are crowing about possibility of chemical weapons and made up air raids, how ridiculous. All that is going to happen is Qaddafi will be replaced with another bastard who will corrupt and oppress, especially if they allow the West to intervene. We must first realize and solve our own problems before we go around the world *fixing* everyone else’s.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
How true, just like in the Balkans.

As a Canadian, I hope Canada has nothing to do with these events.
As a North American, I hope the USA stays out of this one, and lets Libya's allies, specially Italy, France, and Russia, sort it out for themselves.

Enough of North Americans fighting other people's wars!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If the US goes into Libya it will be nothing to do with the situation there, that will just be the excuse.

If they do go in it will be because of their oil fields and the usual tactic of implementing a pro US, global economy, government.

The US has never gone to war, or 'helped' another country, without making a profit from it.

Don't be so naive.

edit on 3/3/2011 by ANOK because: Anarchy Peace & Freedom

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Buahahahahaha ... to call USA for help ? It's like to call devil on dinner

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Who else would you call? Is there a entity on earth you could call other than america?
Maybe youll get lucky phoning the 13 galaxy planet zinga,good luck.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CerBeRus666
How true, just like in the Balkans.

As a Canadian, I hope Canada has nothing to do with these events.
As a North American, I hope the USA stays out of this one, and lets Libya's allies, specially Italy, France, and Russia, sort it out for themselves.

Enough of North Americans fighting other people's wars!

Amen and Amen.

I agre 100% with you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join