It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Like We Always Say: When TSHTF - You Call America For Help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Priceless. Just like we always say - all the liberal bleeding hearts out there who claim the U.S. is an imperialistic power-hungry monster that forces it's will upon a helpless nations - you all come calling when your butt is in a bind and you need some help.

You abhor the big stick we carry and whine about how we use it - but boy do you want that stick when you're in trouble.

Amazing how the tune changes when you need us...

The rebels, armed with rocket launchers, anti-aircraft guns and tanks, called Wednesday for U.N.-backed air strikes on foreign mercenaries it said were fighting for Gaddafi. Opposition activists called for a no-fly zone, echoing a demand by Libya's deputy U.N. envoy, who now opposes Gaddafi. "Bring Bush! Make a no fly zone, bomb the planes," shouted soldier-turned-rebel Nasr Ali, referring to a no-fly zone imposed on Iraq in 1991 by then U.S. President George Bush.

Reuters News on Yahoo

Maybe they should ask those generous Iranians for help? How about those innocent "aid" ships that travel so often to Palestine?

Oh wait - that's right - they only show up when there is a camera on them to show the evil oppression they're suffering.

Hell - these poor guys are in for a rude awakening anyway - they don't realize Obama is in office now and he'll be too busy trying to "amp up pressure in Afghanistan" and "making the world like us again" to actual DO anything.

Go United Nations!
*edit for grammar.
edit on 3-3-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
"liberal bleeding hearts"

Liberal - "is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights."
Bleeding hearts - "A Bleeding heart is an informal label applied to someone regarded as excessively liberal, sympathetic"
I love how equal rights and caring is bad thing to your side.

Cool story bro.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Some rebels are against US intervention, and some rebels are for US intervention. What's your point?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton
"liberal bleeding hearts"

Liberal - "is the belief in the importance of liberty and equal rights."
Bleeding hearts - "A Bleeding heart is an informal label applied to someone regarded as excessively liberal, sympathetic"
I love how equal rights and caring is bad thing to your side.

Cool story bro.

As usual, here comes the typical "Bleeding heart liberal" (or should I say "progressive"?) who will say "all we carez aboutz iz the childrenz... how can you hatez the kidz?

I am all about Freedoms, Liberty, and Equal Rights. I'm not about diminishing other's rights so that a select group may have them.... that's where we differ. Liberal - by the Dictionary means exactly as you say. Liberal by the "pop-culture" meaning is a belief that society is inherently unfair and thus a nutral body (the governmentz) should force people to be fair and more open minded in the name of progression as a peoplez.

Don't mince words to distract the point.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah the only thing I see on twitter is people saying for the west to stay out of it. Of course there are some that don't realize the consequences of foreign intervention.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Some rebels are against US intervention, and some rebels are for US intervention. What's your point?

When they're getting their butts handed to them - THEY ALL WANT U.S. Intervention.

That's the point. Nobody wants us in their backyard until they suddenly find themselves on the losing side of things... then they come a calling.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I comment on what I see. And after your bleeding heart liberal comment I saw no point in reading further.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Thank god for the Unites States of Hypocrites, where would the world be without their meddling, subversion, regime changes, numerous violations of international law and backstabbing. Go America!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Unlikely... I doubt someone who dislikes the US, will ask for her help.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to post by gncnew

Unlikely... I doubt someone who dislikes the US, will ask for her help.

Your doubts are unfounded. History would prove otherwise.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
reply to post by gncnew

Thank god for the Unites States of Hypocrites, where would the world be without their meddling, subversion, regime changes, numerous violations of international law and backstabbing. Go America!

It hurts when the truth jumps up and bites you like this - I know. You've been working hard to program yourself to see evil in every corner of the U.S. foreign policy.

But hey - who needs the truth when you have "OPINION" to counter it with right?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The West started the protests and dissent with fake social network armies and then the people took it from there, you can bet they'll want to finish what they started.

The E.U. really needs the U.N. and U.S. to interfere because they are the ones most affected from what's happening in Libya, besides from the Libyans themselves. The sooner the better.

edit on 3-3-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sigh, I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, perhaps these posts would be more suited on a site like Liveleak.com, its got a lot of haters there that make rude posts and videos about libtards and democRATS etc. etc. your animosity towards people that don't think its right to kill other people would fit right in there and hopefully this site can retain a little of its reputation as a place for actual discussion and exchanging of view points. I am not singling you out on this, lately there have been several posts that have nothing of interest in them but one sided rants and demeaning points about politics and separating,(dividing) people into small (minded) groups that attack each other.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Can you give me an example?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

It hurts when the truth jumps up and bites you like this - I know. You've been working hard to program yourself to see evil in every corner of the U.S. foreign policy.

But hey - who needs the truth when you have "OPINION" to counter it with right?

Would that be Americas version of the truth? So some people have been calling for US intervention, probably the same people who would kill their own mother for a Big Mac, a few Halliburton employees who could use a new contract or maybe it's just a bunch of extremely misguided people who think the United States would actually help them when in reality all they would do is invade their country, kill their fellow civilians, steal their oil and install some puppet "democracy" that will ensure good old Americas interests are looked after. There's the real truth.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
They're just asking the United States to put their money where their mouth is.

And the US does it now and then, just to maintain credibility.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

An aide to Mustafa Abdel Jalil, head of the rebels' National Libyan Council, told Reuters the rebels were open to talks only on Gaddafi's resignation or exile to avoid more bloodshed. "There is nothing else to negotiate," he said. He also called for foreign air strikes to set up a "no-fly zone" to help the rebels topple Gaddafi.

One guy? Is that it? And a bloody aide at that. No statement from the rebels. no outcry from the masses, just one dude. Congratulations on your fail there sir.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SankeySugar
Sigh, I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, perhaps these posts would be more suited on a site like Liveleak.com, its got a lot of haters there that make rude posts and videos about libtards and democRATS etc. etc. your animosity towards people that don't think its right to kill other people would fit right in there and hopefully this site can retain a little of its reputation as a place for actual discussion and exchanging of view points. I am not singling you out on this, lately there have been several posts that have nothing of interest in them but one sided rants and demeaning points about politics and separating,(dividing) people into small (minded) groups that attack each other.

I actually have no real hate towards lefties. It's more the illogical "letz all holdz handz" people that I'm really sick of. You know the types. They look at the U.S. and constantly cry foul. Every war is somehow tracked back to America.... bla bla bla.

You know - like Chavez in Venezuela.

Heck - half the time I vote lefty... Perhaps I should have been more clear?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by gncnew

Can you give me an example?

Read some of the stuff Assange put out there. See what the Saudis have been asking us to do, or the Koreans. Or the Colombians, ect. ect. ect.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers

An aide to Mustafa Abdel Jalil, head of the rebels' National Libyan Council, told Reuters the rebels were open to talks only on Gaddafi's resignation or exile to avoid more bloodshed. "There is nothing else to negotiate," he said. He also called for foreign air strikes to set up a "no-fly zone" to help the rebels topple Gaddafi.

One guy? Is that it? And a bloody aide at that. No statement from the rebels. no outcry from the masses, just one dude. Congratulations on your fail there sir.

The quote I posted was of an actual Rebel - an blissfully ignorant Rebel - but a Rebel none the less. And certainly you don't think he's chanting this stuff out by himself on an island.... come on now. Quite trying to twist things around so you can be right again.... I know you're addicted to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join