It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame this guy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thinking briefly about the msm and their blatant disregard for ethical behavior, I started to think about the real reason they exist, that being "propaganda organs". I then did a brief search to see what kind of studies have been done about the psychology of propaganda, and was interested at what I found.
The list below, I feel almost exemplifies how the msm and federal and state leaders treat the common "Joe" in the U.S.
1. Keep the dogma simple. Make only 1 or 2 points.

2. Be forthright and powerfully direct. Speak only in the telling or ordering mode.

3. As much as possible, reduce concepts down into stereotypes which are black and white.

4. Speak to people’s emotions and stir them constantly.

5. Use lots of repetition; repeat your points over and over again.

6. Forget literary beauty, scientific reasoning, balance, or novelty.

7. Focus solely on convincing people and creating zealots.

8. Find slogans which can be used to drive the movement forward

I discovered that the person's name, directly responsible for this ideology, and thought, this is exactly how it is living in America. Here is a link (hopefully) en.wikipedia.org... and a link to the source for the list above.brainblogger.com...
edit on 3-3-2011 by flashcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Board was moving pretty fast when I first posted. Figured one little boost wouldnt hurt anything.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
here's ya another lil bump

good info to read
as you can see pretty much every point
in each MSM news article.

I have renamed the TV to

the Propaganda Box

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Thankyou so much boondock-----coming from someone like you, this bump makes me feel like Ive really contributed something "new/fresh", to ATS.
Is it possible, in your mind, that the U.S, has become a "NAZI" state, cloaked in "democratic" garb? I say this because, a couple years ago, I read in the cia fact book, that Chinas' communist population, was a mere 8%. Now if 8% of your countries folks are communist, does that give the whole world a legitimate reason for reffering to you as a communist country? No, but we do. (IMO)

edit on 4-3-2011 by flashcube because: error

top topics

join