It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange UFO Coin from 1680 Puzzles the Experts

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by canofnothing
It has something to do with the fact that there are 6 prongs.

Sacred Geometry... used to hide messages in architecture and art. Masons loved to do that

Still taught today in some colleges, Dartmouth for one;
www.dartmouth.edu...

Rose Windows

According to Painton Cowan, Rose windows use geometry in three different ways; manifest, hidden, and symbolic.

Manifest:"That which makes the most immediate impact on the eye. . . the web of complexity and precision. . . each space defined by a yet smaller geometric figure - trefoil, quatrefoil, rosette, spherical triangle. . . within these can often be seen an even finer pattern woven into the glasswork . . . right down into every fibre and corner of the cosmic rose."

Hidden: "The secret geometry of the relationships and proportions of the parts."

Symbolic: "A kind of shorthand, where geometric figures represent different things."

God The Geometer

So for those who say nothing was hidden in Medieval Arts.. I can 100% guarantee they are wrong

People got very good at secret symbolism in those days BECAUSE of the persecution of the Church. That tradition still lives today
edit on 8-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Maybe this link might point to something more concrete,

jupiter-dolichenus.co.tv...

Since the shield is well represented in more that one "coin" and that it seems to be a symbol of security, and as it is also described in the link, then a meaning for the tree would help. The link decribes the tree as representing, 'success and fertility'

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Since the shield is well represented in more that one "coin" and that it seems to be a symbol of security,

Speaking of shields... came across this entry...

98AD Rome: Conrad Wolfhart, Lycothenes, a medieval writer reports, “At sunset, a burning shield passed over the sky at. It came sparkling from the west and passed over to the east.”

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. This is a much needed post after months of crappy youtube videos. There's definitely something funny about these ancient art depicting the life of Jesus.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
To me it appears to be an umbrella-like object blocking the clouds causing a great drought of some sorts. Then the other side with the plant growing and the quote "it came at an opportune time" is referring to rain replenishing and allowing plants/crops to grow. my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi Zorgon,

While looking around these forums, I ran across these pics -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sorry I don't know how to direct you to the exact post, but it's the 4th post down. Look at what is on the wrist in those pictures. Especially the second one. It doesn't have the spear in the center, but It reminded me of the second coin you posted. I thought you might find it interesting.

Kara

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The first picture looks familiar. Like a spinning top without the top half ... Here is a picture of one.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It looks like a stylised Pappus, a seed from certain plants such as dandelions which float on the wind. The plant with rain falling upon it just makes this seed-flower link more realistic to my mind.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvankai

The reverse of the second coin with the Justice on it could just as easily show a child pouring seed from a seed bag. The coin with arrows on could also be a forest. The seed/rebirth/growth also fits in with the latin translations.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Oh yeah that is really a most remarkable event. Absolutely intriguing.That one really does it for me in a way. I can't imagine anyone forcing all these kids to say that.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yes it seems we have had visitors since a looooong time.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Ahhhh Alien coins were all going to die

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

good thread. I have read about and seen things on t.v. about renasance U.F.O. sightings. Its nearly proof that not all U.F.O. sightings are hoaxes but an unexplaned object in the sky. People are seeing something. Like others, I believe that these sightings are of E.T. spacecraft.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I'd say this example kind of nails it.
From this coin, it is pretty easy to make the sacred shield story stick...as here, it is protecting from the enemy's attack....

edit on 3-3-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)
my view is that they are tree's not arrows ,the object in the sky is signifying " giver of life, protector and creator ...love the coins s&f my friend

<< 4  5  6   >>

join