Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Wisconsin Senate passes resolution calling for Democrats to be taken into police custody

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by centurion1211
Instead, if a majority of the people in Wisconsin decide this whole thing is a mistake, their remedy is at the next election, not in the streets.

Wish that idealism worked in real life. I have yet to see a politician that truely acted in the best interest of the people... They always seem to act in the best interest of their pocketbooks and/or jobs.

Elections are still how the people currently making these decisions got in office, and how they'll be replaced if people really don't like what they're doing.

Again, you prefer mob rule?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Whats shocking to me, is that Walker told the people of Wi, that this is what he was going to do, and yet they voted him in? You all act shocked?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Not to stray from the interesting but off-topic discussion going on;

has anyone heard any updates about the detaining of the Wisconsin 14 that is supposed to take place this afternoon if they do not return to the Senate?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Nah.. but my political philosophy is not related to this conversation. I don't mind discussing it, but it's off topic for here.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KOLTON

Good question? I was thinking that myself? Should be interesting to see how it " plays "out.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The people of Wisconsin voted in the governor, and the members of their assembly and senate.

And the people of the United States voted in the President and the members of the house and senate that passed the Healthcare Reform bill.

It doesn't stop you or others from claiming that because of the protests that were done, that the government went against the will of the people.

They did not vote in any of the protesters in the capitol or the streets, including the union thugs (organizers) from out of state.

And neither did the people of the United States vote in the Tea Party (Fox News) protestors.

And could you please provide any shred of proof that protestors have been bussed in from out of state? And examples of "thuggery"?

We do know for a fact that the Governor contemplated putting in "troublemakers" into the crowd of protestors from the prank call.

Seems like you are advocating mob rule over constitutional legislative process - just because it accomplishes what you want this time. You're willing to allow anarchy to get your way? Now that is what sounds "wonderfully hypocritical" to me.

Republicans have used a filibuster in the past 2 years...I had no problem with that.

This is just another form of fillibuster.

Instead, if a majority of the people in Wisconsin decide this whole thing is a mistake, their remedy is at the next election, not in the streets.

So are you saying you are against protests now?

So you must be against all the Tea Party protests...RIGHT?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KOLTON

MADISON, Wis. — The Republican leader of the Wisconsin Senate has signed orders finding 14 AWOL Democrats in contempt. The orders signed Thursday allow the sergeant at arms to detain the missing senators and use police force if necessary.

The Democrats say they are all in Illinois and won't return.

Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald says the orders are only binding in Wisconsin.

The Senate passed a resolution calling for the action earlier Thursday but gave Democrats until 4 p.m. to return. None of them did, which led Fitzgerald to sign 14 orders of detainment in dramatic fashion in the center of the Senate chamber.

State patrol officers watched silently from the gallery as Fitzgerald signed the orders executing the order. The Democrats left in protest over an anti-union bill.

www.therepublic.com...

MADISON, Wis. - The Republican leader of the Wisconsin Senate has signed orders finding 14 AWOL Democrats in contempt. The orders signed Thursday allow the sergeant at arms to detain the missing senators and use police force if necessary.

The Democrats say they are all in Illinois and won't return.

Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald says the orders are only binding in Wisconsin.

The Senate passed a resolution calling for the action earlier Thursday but gave Democrats until 4 p.m. to return. None of them did, which led Fitzgerald to sign 14 orders of detainment in dramatic fashion in the center of the Senate chamber.

State patrol officers watched silently from the gallery as Fitzgerald signed the orders executing the order. The Democrats left in protest over an anti-union bill.

www.startribune.com...
edit on 3-3-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

I included the second one because they quote Sentor Fitzgerald as saying the orders are only binding in Wisconson.
edit on 3-3-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

And what does the messiah leader Obama have to say about this? All I have heard is the crickets?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Ready to admit that IF this is at least partly political, that IF the unions had stuck with taking care of their workers instead of becoming part of the "democrat political machine", this might be a different story altogether?

If it just so happens that the Unions recognize that the Democrats do MORE for workers than Republicans do...I see nothing wrong with them supporting that party.

Why would they support Republicans that mainly look out for the executives of companies rather than the workers???

Everything is political...I would have thought you figured that out by now.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Hopefully he says nothing. This is a state issue. Not his business. (at least from a State's Rights point of view... course as leader of the democratic party, I imagine he would probably have something to say.. *shrug*)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

The people of Wisconsin voted in the governor, and the members of their assembly and senate.

And the people of the United States voted in the President and the members of the house and senate that passed the Healthcare Reform bill.

Please show us the evidence of all the back room bribes taking place in Wisconsin that are on par with what took place in the U.S. house and senate where poll after poll in almost every state that had elected dems said they did not want obamacare, but "somehow" the representatives and senators were "persuaded" to vote differently than what their constituents wanted.

And backing up another of my posts, what happened? Voters threw out many of those democrats in the last election - with more to follow them out in 2012.

So, let the voters throw out the governor next election and let them also vote in people who will overturn these new laws - if that's what they really want. Democracy in action instead of mob rule.

Why are you all so afraid of that?

edit on 3/3/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Whats shocking to me, is that Walker told the people of Wi, that this is what he was going to do, and yet they voted him in? You all act shocked?

I do put part of the blame on voter apathy and them falling for media propaganda that the Republicans are going to save the economy.

They just forgot to tell them that they were going to save the economy for the rich...by screwing the working class.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Sorry, de-certifying the unions and doing away with collective bargaining was NOT brought up in the election. Let me guess, you heard it on Faux News.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Ready to admit that IF this is at least partly political, that IF the unions had stuck with taking care of their workers instead of becoming part of the "democrat political machine", this might be a different story altogether?

If it just so happens that the Unions recognize that the Democrats do MORE for workers than Republicans do...I see nothing wrong with them supporting that party.

Why would they support Republicans that mainly look out for the executives of companies rather than the workers???

Everything is political...I would have thought you figured that out by now.

Then the unions along with everyone else playing the political game needs to understand - sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. And when you lose you try harder to win next time.

End of story.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PresumedInnocent

Nope, bad assumption. For I do not watch any MSM outlet.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Please show us the evidence of all the back room bribes taking place in Wisconsin that are on par with what took place in the U.S. house and senate where poll after poll in almost every state that had elected dems said they did not want obamacare, but "somehow" the representatives and senators were "persuaded" to vote differently than what their constituents wanted.

And the polls are showing that the majority of people don't favor stripping Unions of their collective barganing rights...and yet you are advocating for them to ignore that.

Always an excuse for you isn't it...back room bribes

And backing up another of my posts, what happened? Voters threw out many of those democrats in the last election - with more to follow them out in 2012.

Good luck on that 2012...we will see what happens.

So, let the voters throw out the governor next election and let them also vote in people who will overturn these new laws - if that's what they really want. Democracy in action instead of mob rule.

Why are you all so afraid of that?

And yet you are still crying about the exact same thing happening with the Healthcare bill. :shk:

link   

Originally posted by centurion1211Then the unions along with everyone else playing the political game needs to understand - sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. And when you lose you try harder to win next time.

End of story.

Agreed. You play the game, prepare to get burned.

I am still on the fence as to the whole Union thing in general.. Both sides have valid points. Problem is I stopped trusting politicians a long time ago. They go where the money is as is evident by both Corporate AND union handouts.

Still wondering where the protests on the streets were when the banks were being bailed out... but that's another thread.

link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

I do put part of the blame on voter apathy and them falling for media propaganda that the Republicans are going to save the economy.

They just forgot to tell them that they were going to save the economy for the rich...by screwing the working class.

Oh, now you've been reduced to simply reciting from the democrat talking points memo.

What page number are you on, so we can all follow along?

Sorry to go against your indoctrinations and break the bad news to you, but repeating something that is false over and over again does not make it true.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Really? Is that all you got?

I'm sorry if you think Republicans are out to help anyone besides the wealthy...let me guess...the wealthy "create jobs"....right?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

And yet you are still crying about the exact same thing happening with the Healthcare bill. :shk:

You must be losing your arguments regarding the Wisconsin situation because now you keep wanting to talk about healthcare.

You have anything new to add to the discussion on Wisconsin that we haven't heard repeated ad nauseum?

And pssst! Not hardly crying. I'd call it being fairly optimistic that obamacare will be overturned.

Hint: obama must feel the same way as I do because he's quietly shifted his focus to trying to get the states to individually pass a version of obamacare like in Massachusetts. Why? Because that's the only way it would be constitutional. Oh, and good luck with that Barack ...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join