It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Senate passes resolution calling for Democrats to be taken into police custody

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Well here you go:
Article 1 Section 8

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;
And To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

10th Amendment of the US Constitution:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Stormdancer777

There is collusion between some politicians and public sector employee unions.

Say it ain't so!!!

"O" yea. lol

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Over paid tax payers!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by KOLTON

They will be detained and forced to the Senate Meeting.

We have the right to speak, but do we have the right to not speak?

They would have to cross state lines to do so...and that isn't going to happen.

If they try, they will most likely be arressted by illinois police.

Illinois police only arrest skateboarders,

Seriously though, even if you have sympathy for the missing politicians, which one of us here could do that and keep our job?
That's enough to make me DISRESPECT THEM.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Union members are tax payers too

Some union members are paid with tax money!

So they are just recycling some of it... when they are not on strike for higher wages.... in a depressed economy.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is an interesting legal matter. I'm not sure if someone in one state can order a person in another State to cross state lines. For criminals, there's a special fugitive statute which deals with them. These statutes provide due process - you get to have a hearing and such.

Regardless of the outcome, it seems like almost a majority of people support Walker's recall. If Walker starts to use physical force, I think that's the end of his career.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Over paid tax payers!

This is all I hear from ATSers...complaining about other people making too much money.

Bankers make too much money, Wall street makes too much money, CEOs make too much money, Union workers make too much money.....and on and on and on.

If you are not happy with how much money you make...do something about it, don't just cry about other people making too much money.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Well here you go:
Article 1 Section 8

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;
And To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Doesn't this simply say that the US Congress controls all legislation affecting up to 10 square miles of land surrounding the seat of the USGov?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Illinois police only arrest skateboarders,

Seriously though, even if you have sympathy for the missing politicians, which one of us here could do that and keep our job?
That's enough to make me DISRESPECT THEM.

They are doing their job...they are letting the people they represent protest and have their voices heard before this law is rammed through.

If you don't think any Wisconsin resident agrees with what they are doing, then you haven't seen the protests in the Wisconsin capitol.

YOU may have no respect for them...but many Wisconsin voters do. I'm not a Wisconsin resident, but I respect what they are doing.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Over paid tax payers!

This is all I hear from ATSers...complaining about other people making too much money.

Bankers make too much money, Wall street makes too much money, CEOs make too much money, Union workers make too much money.....and on and on and on.

If you are not happy with how much money you make...do something about it, don't just cry about other people making too much money.

Wow, reading this, one would suspect that you are the one complaining.

Some people like to control what government employees (and others that dip their snout in the govt trough) are paid, compared to someone that has to actually compete for their job and how much they are paid.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I have a problem with people making to much money, especially when those funds obtained by the Unions in Fact pay over 90% of the Democratic parties lobbying agenda.

The leftward ideological shift of the unions brought with it a dramatic increase in political activism by union leaders and foot soldiers alike. In 1996, for instance, Andrew Stern told SEIU officials that he expected “every leader at every level of this union, from the international president to the rank-and-file member, to devote five working days this year to political action” in support of the Democratic Party and its candidates. Meanwhile, another major union, the National Education Association (NEA), has assembled a permanent, paid, full-time staff of at least 1,800 United Service (UniServ) employees who function as political operatives -- more than the Republican and Democratic Parties combined. Beyond this, leftwing unions like the SEIU and NEA contribute huge sums of money to Democratic candidates during every election season.

Because government workers get their money not from a free marketplace but from taxes, their unions have a large incentive to advocate on behalf of political leaders who support higher taxes and bigger government, which can, in turn, produce an ever-greater number of public-sector union jobs.

Indeed, public-sector union money constitutes the lifeblood of the Democratic Party.

And here is the big one!

Union political support for Democrats is a trend that has been in place for decades, and it shows no signs of abating. In 2010, America's top 20 labor unions gave more than $68 million in campaign contributions to federal candidates -- with 94 percent of the total going to Democrats and just 4 percent to Republicans. Most of the total -- 88 percent -- came from political action committees (PACs) associated with those 20 unions, and the remaining 12 percent came from individual union members. A similar trend can be seen in state and local political campaigns. Fifteen unions gave at least $1 million to Democrats during the 2008 and 2010 campaigns. Combined, their donations totaled more than $206 million, of which fully 91 percent went to Democrats.

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

edit on 3-3-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
To y'all tea-party types who are cheering Walker.
Have a question for y'all.

If you are SO WORRIED about government over-stepping, how can you support Walker using police force to achieve his political goals?

I keep hearing about how paying firefighters and teachers pension and health benefits is somehow un-American and is going to usher in communism.

But you folks are perfectly ok with some politician arresting people so he could make sure he can pass laws to make his financial supporters happy?

What's more dangerous?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

If they could be fired for abandoning their job, then there would be no issue.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Do you see this:

become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be

If I'm not mistaken, this would suggest where the states derive their powers from, albeit, the US constitution Article 1 Section 8.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

They are doing their job...they are letting the people they represent protest and have their voices heard before this law is rammed through.

I didn't know that was how our representatives did business,

I think I am a little concerned by the paid demonstrators, though, you know those people that get bused in, I would be more sympathetic if it was the actually teaches who are effected by the situation they are facing, I think the majority of them are back at work.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

And most people need to open their goddamn eyes and see what the state of WI is trying to do here.

But no, everyone is too ignorant and accepting of the MSM anti-union propaganda. Idiots.

Good for them. Let the cops try and bring them in. Walker's a putz that should be impeached.

link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Because the Representatives are in " Contempt " of their own states Constitution. Which is illegal, and punishable.

link   

Show us proof of paid demonstrators instead of parroting crap that was fed to you by a MSM outlet.

Show us PROOF.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Walker's a putz that should be impeached.

He should be impeached because he wants to cut the Unions wages, thus lowering the tax payers monies that pay those wages? And where is your logic behind this?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Republicans give to big business.

What's the difference? Why isn't there an attack on that?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join