It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Wisconsin Senate passes resolution calling for Democrats to be taken into police custody

page: 26
41
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin
 


This is amazing. I have finally lived to see the system begin to cannibalize itself!!! So now they want to arrest the Senators for not caving in on taking away the teacher's collective bargaining rights and powers.

2011 has been quite entertaining...




posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11


As far as him not getting it done? Yep, his bad and a promise broken, but to infer he hasn't tried desperately to do so is dishonest.

By the way...how did we get to the Gitmo topic? Desperate derailment much?


Everything Obama and the Democrats have done wrong that has caused them to lose their majority is relevant to how the Democrats got themselves into this position. I wouldn't say it's worth going too far into the discussion about Gitmo here. Just that it's a point that's worth noting. Wisconsin is a direct result of the elections. The outcome of the elections are a direct result of the behavior of the Democrats over the past couple of years.

I'm not sure what he's trying to do with Gitmo but I'm positive that don't trust him at all after I've had a couple of years to watch him. I think he's just Bush version 2.0. Smarter, slicker, sneakier. Better liar, bigger fan club.


edit on 8-3-2011 by spicypickle because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qcuailon
reply to post by MindSpin
 


This is amazing. I have finally lived to see the system begin to cannibalize itself!!! So now they want to arrest the Senators for not caving in on taking away the teacher's collective bargaining rights and powers.

2011 has been quite entertaining...


They don't want to arrest them for "not caving in". They want to arrest them for not doing their jobs and obstructing the business of the people. That would be the people who voted them into the minority. They are not "standing up for the people", They are thumbing their noses at the people.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by spicypickle

Originally posted by maybereal11


As far as him not getting it done? Yep, his bad and a promise broken, but to infer he hasn't tried desperately to do so is dishonest.

By the way...how did we get to the Gitmo topic? Desperate derailment much?


Everything Obama and the Democrats have done wrong that has caused them to lose their majority is relevant to how the Democrats got themselves into this position. I wouldn't say it's worth going too far into the discussion about Gitmo here. Just that it's a point that's worth noting. Wisconsin is a direct result of the elections. The outcome of the elections are a direct result of the behavior of the Democrats over the past couple of years.

I'm not sure what he's trying to do with Gitmo but I'm positive that don't trust him at all after I've had a couple of years to watch him. I think he's just Bush version 2.0. Smarter, slicker, sneakier. Better liar, bigger fan club.


edit on 8-3-2011 by spicypickle because: (no reason given)



Obama hasn't been leading. He and his administration have just been managing the decline of America.
It's pretty easy to do from the golf course.
------------------------------------------------------------
The previous governor of Wisconsin was also just managing the decline of Wisconsin.
Blowing the $$$ on unsustainable "sweetheart union deals".

Kicking the can down the road and letting Gov. Scott Walker clean up the mess and transform
Wisconsin into a success story like Indiana.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spicypickle

I'm not sure what he's trying to do with Gitmo but I'm positive that don't trust him at all


I am not informed on the issue, but that doesn't stop me from comming to absolue conclusions.

....seriously?



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spicypickle
 


I find you too one sided - - too everything is Obama's fault to take seriously.

As said - - if you can't see the "Right and Wrong" on both sides - - there is no credibility of logical reasoning.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spicypickle

They want to arrest them for not doing their jobs and obstructing the business of the people. That would be the people who voted them into the minority. They are not "standing up for the people", They are thumbing their noses at the people.


Well, the facts disagree with you..I am sure that won't stop you though


Those Senators are doing precisely the "Business of the people" and not just the minority, the MAJORITY of the people.

That means there is a hell of a lot of buyers remorse in Wisconsin amongst conservatives.

That took less than 2 months...what does that tell you about 2012?



Polls: More support for unions in Wisconsin labor battle
By: CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser


Washington (CNN) - As the standoff in Wisconsin rages on, two new nationwide polls indicate more people support the public sector union workers over the state's Republican governor in the battle over collective bargaining rights.

Forty-two percent of the public sides with the public employee unions and 31 percent backs Gov. Scott Walker, according to a Pew Research Center survey released Tuesday.

...

A new CBS News/New York Times survey indicates that six in ten oppose the elimination of collective bargaining rights for the public sector union workers, with 56 percent opposed to the cutting of pay or benefits to reduce state budget deficits.

...

A USA Today/Gallup survey released last Wednesday also indicated that 61 percent of the public would oppose a move in their state to pass a bill that would take away some of the collective bargaining rights of union government workers, with one in three saying they'd support such a move.

....



politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
Well, the facts disagree with you..I am sure that won't stop you though


Those Senators are doing precisely the "Business of the people" and not just the minority, the MAJORITY of the people.


Yes! I only listen to "centric" talk news. News discussion shows that present BOTH sides.

After listening to interviews with the Senators - - Walker representatives and lawyers from both sides.

I can only agree that what ever needed to be done to stop Walker from eliminating bargaining - - - had to be done.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


The teachers union agreed to every single financial demand Walker made...cutting benefits and pay...all they asked for was the right to negotiate the same once the financial situation improved.

Walker ouright refused. What does that tell you about his true motivations here?

This is not "the peoples business"...it is not the will of the people...it isn't even a budget initiative as the teachers already agreed to the financial concessions.....this an unabashed attack by a Govenor on his own people...those who did not support him in the last election. He has a dictators heart and is pushing the limits of what he can do with out being arrested.

BTW - If he had said we simply need to eliminate tenure and incentivise teachers pay...I would have supported the iniative..Unions ain't perfect by any measure. Instead he simply looked to sever the legs of a political enemy and it has nothing to do with improving education or the deficet.

To recall a Govenor you need signatures equalling 25% of the number of WI residents that voted in the last presidential election...and they have 60 days to do it.

It is an unusually difficult task, but if ever there was enough volounteers to get it done...it is possible.

We will see.
edit on 8-3-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spicypickle
 



They are not "standing up for the people", They are thumbing their noses at the people.


Thousands of protestors would disagree with you.

They took a stand on what they think is right...the protests at Madison was confirmation that the people stand behind them. Not all people...maybe not even a majority (although some polls suggest that a majority does support them)...but the good thing about our system is that the minority shouldn't be bullied by the majority.

Mob rule isn't governing...it is dictating.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by spicypickle

I'm not sure what he's trying to do with Gitmo but I'm positive that don't trust him at all


I am not informed on the issue, but that doesn't stop me from comming to absolue conclusions.

....seriously?


All it takes for me is not trusting the guy. I have pretty good instincts. I didn't trust GWB from day one. I didn't know a thing about him before he became president in 2000 but it turns out I was more than right about my first impression of the man.

Obama is a worm. He has already shown it on multiple occasions but that apparently isn't enough for some people. Oh well. Some people don't like reality.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Interesting new ATS thread: Scott Walker Believes He’s Following Orders from the Lord

"Walker said that God has told him what to do every step of the way, including about what jobs to take, whom to marry, and when to run for governor."

" ‘I’m going to trust in you Christ to tell me where to go. And to the best of my ability I’m going to obey where you lead me,’ "

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
To recall a Governor you need signatures equaling 25% of the number of WI residents that voted in the last presidential election...and they have 60 days to do it.

It is an unusually difficult task, but if ever there was enough volunteers to get it done...it is possible.


I heard "they" were starting recall petitions against the Republican Senators. The governor must be in office for one year before recall efforts can be started.

Or something like that - - missed the details. (I had a noisy 3 year old in the back seat at the time)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by maybereal11
To recall a Governor you need signatures equaling 25% of the number of WI residents that voted in the last presidential election...and they have 60 days to do it.

It is an unusually difficult task, but if ever there was enough volunteers to get it done...it is possible.


I heard "they" were starting recall petitions against the Republican Senators. The governor must be in office for one year before recall efforts can be started.

Or something like that - - missed the details. (I had a noisy 3 year old in the back seat at the time)


There are also recalls started against the delinquent democrat Wisconsin senators.

Sounds like the entire 2010 election will end up being a "do over".



You do realize in your heart of hearts, that eventually at least one democrat is going to have to come back to Wisconsin and your side will then officially lose on this issue. Just a matter of time. And that exactly none of your pro-union rants and smears will make one iota of a difference on the outcome.
edit on 3/8/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Sounds like the entire 2010 election will end up being a "do over".


2 months into GOP rule and that seems to be the sentiment.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I heard "they" were starting recall petitions against the Republican Senators. The governor must be in office for You do realize in your heart of hearts, that eventually at least one democrat is going to have to come back to Wisconsin and your side will then officially lose on this issue.


I am not a Democrat. That has already been established in this thread.

I listened to discussions from both sides - - and based my opinion on those discussions.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I wish I could walk out of work every time I disagreed with something. These people are beyond low.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by centurion1211
I heard "they" were starting recall petitions against the Republican Senators. The governor must be in office for You do realize in your heart of hearts, that eventually at least one democrat is going to have to come back to Wisconsin and your side will then officially lose on this issue.


I am not a Democrat. That has already been established in this thread.


Perhaps in your mind ...


I listened to discussions from both sides - - and based my opinion on those discussions.


Nice theory. But sadly, that opinion only comes out one way - in support of the liberal (democrat) agenda.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 





It is my opinion that a One World Government - in reality - is the only logical progression. (I do not consider the NWO the same as a legitimate One World Government. NWO is conspiracy based IMO).


Jeopardy question, "What is self-delusion?" You would consider a One World Govt, just not thee NWO? They are mere synonyms for the same concept. Did you think that the UN Agenda 21 for "sustainability" is different somehow than the Bilderbergs and the Rockefellers and the Bushs? Or Bill Gates and the Club of Rome style UN World govt is somehow better than some other faction? How about the One World Religion coming from the UN? Would you be on board with a Totalitarian govt telling you what religion you must have? You sound like every other liberal who hates Corporate control but love Totalitarian control.



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by spicypickle
 


I find you too one sided - - too everything is Obama's fault to take seriously.

As said - - if you can't see the "Right and Wrong" on both sides - - there is no credibility of logical reasoning.



He said OBama was Bush 2. How is that one sided? Personally I think he is way more subversive, what with inviting all these outright self-avowed communists into the WH, all these czars who are not elected but running things, not talking to his regular advisors but inviting the chief of AFL-CIO on a regular basis, who incidentally is tied in deeply with European Socialists. Did you know that to become an American citizen, one must take an oath that one has not been a member of any communist organization, and yet heres the Occupier in Chief letting the commies run our Sovereign States. And also I've read a lot of your other posts including the one where you claim to be fiscally conservative, and I have yet to see anything conservative come out of you.....sorry I just don't see it.




top topics



 
41
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

log in

join