It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Senate passes resolution calling for Democrats to be taken into police custody

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by bphi1908
It bothers me that you, among others, think anyone who doesn't agree with you is uneducated on this subject or so ignorant that they just want to "blame Democrats". Our whole political system is being put to the test here based on the actions of the people involved, both gov. Walker and the Democrats who fled.

Please explain to me exactly why the Democrats felt they had to flee.

Welcome to the new political party!

The Fleebaggers!

or...

is it the Fleabaggers?

Turn tail and run and hide, holing up in hotels is the new black for politics.

Not only is it Wisconsin, but Indiana as well. Indiana just hasn't gotten the same amount of press.

By any means necessary, right? Including Fleebagging.

Ah yeah OK.

Welcome to rollover and let strong arm money backed bullies steamroll democracy.

Brilliant.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah, those who don't run squealing away from their duties to Illinois.

For the last time, their duties are not to sit in a chair and vote! Their duties are to stand up for the rights of the people! You demonize the nost noble act. They had no choice but to leave if they had any chance of a real democratic process. You want them to come back so the Reps could push it through using shady tactics just like they did in the assembly?

-- Seek the Truth --
The people of Wisconsin have spoken. The people put Republicans in the majority and in charge.
In the words of Nancy Pelosi --- "We won the election." ---
The fugitives didn't like what the people of Wisconsin have said so ..........run to Illinois!

The Republican Senators will not reward that kind of adolescent behavior.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe they should just stay there for 2 or 3 years?
Buy a house and run for state senator in Illinois? Don't come back......ever.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
-- Seek the Truth --
The people of Wisconsin have spoken. The people put Republicans in the majority and in charge.
In the words of Nancy Pelosi --- "We won the election." ---
The fugitives didn't like what the people of Wisconsin have said so ..........run to Illinois!

The Republican Senators will not reward that kind of adolescent behavior.

. . . and of course - - every politician voted for - - does exactly what they promise - - never reversing direction after they have power.

Just because I vote someone into office - - - does not mean I can't change my mind - - - and stand my ground against wrong decisions they make.

I don't roll over and play dead - - just because someone got voted into office.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It's not just Wisconsin. The American people as a whole have spoken. President Obama has faced the
the truth and called it a "shellacking".
Collective bargaining was ripped out by the roots in Indiana. Now Indiana has a SURPLUS and is in great shape.
Ohio is next. Real change is happening in New Jersey. Even New York is making real changes!
The people have awoken to all the "sweetheart union deals" sucking up all the tax dollars. No more.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Fleebagger.
ROTFL

If obamacare fails in the house, wonder if Obama will run to Illinois as well? Heck, we could save the nation if most of the pols in D.C. ran away!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by Annee

It's not just Wisconsin. The American people as a whole have spoken. President Obama has faced the
the truth and called it a "shellacking".

Collective bargaining was ripped out by the roots in Indiana. Now Indiana has a SURPLUS and is in great shape.
Ohio is next. Real change is happening in New Jersey. Even New York is making real changes!
The people have awoken to all the "sweetheart union deals" sucking up all the tax dollars. No more.

I know. Unfortunately most (IMO) people love the theatrics of politics - - and vote for the most charismatic. Another unfortunate - - the Right is more full of bull - - and the left tend to be a bit boring in presentation.

The average person (IMO) loves the Carnival Barker theatrics of Rush and O'Reilly. They're being played - - and love it.

The free - every citizen vote system sounds good on paper. Not so much in reality.

edit on 5-3-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Fleebagger.
ROTFL

If obamacare fails in the house, wonder if Obama will run to Illinois as well? Heck, we could save the nation if most of the pols in D.C. ran away!

Don't ya just love those that take every opportunity to bash Obama.

Even when it has nothing to do with him.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Abso-freakin-lootly!
It's HIS party. I also just loooooooooooove how thin-skinned the Obama-supporters get when something goes awry in the democratic party.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I don't know if the Rep. Milroy was being arrogant, how do you know? or are you just applying to him what you think he is?

Mr.Milroy had his identification on his person (you can see him pick it up off the ground after getting up), so how does this relate to Rep. Jacksons encounter in the Capitol?

To protect and serve.....king walker....

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Abso-freakin-lootly!
It's HIS party. I also just loooooooooooove how thin-skinned the Obama-supporters get when something goes awry in the democratic party.

It is a states issue.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Abso-freakin-lootly!

Just wait until November 2012. A large number of the liberals may run to Canada.
-- Free Health Care up there ! --
--------------------------------------------------------------
More and more eyes are finding their way to that Gross Debt to GDP number. 97.2% and rising !
President Obamas solution : Punt
Let the Republicans lead us out of this fiscal mess.
Everybody is laughing at Michael Moore and his "solutions" to Wisconsin and the USA.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yeah, it's a state issue. While Trumka and all the union thugs are in/out of the White House every freaking week.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In the "winner takes all" elections system, where the loser must then negotiate, and especially in "off year" low voter turn out elections, a tiny minority of voters could provide the illusion of a "mandate".

I think a lot of people were asleep during that election. Less than half (48.8%) of eligible WI voters voted in the gubernatorial final, of whom 52% voted for Walker. Essentially one in four eligible voters put this man in office. Hardly a mandate to behave so belligerently. One should hope that the importance of voting is once again made perfectly clear in the aftermath of this.

source

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Yeah, it's a state issue. While Trumka and all the union thugs are in/out of the White House every freaking week.

Good point!
Obama is in bed with the unions. There is no denying that.
I guess that is why they get head of the line privileges to "opt out" of ObamaCare.
With a Republican Administration i guess all 50 states could be allowed to "opt out" of ObamaCare for
100 years.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You certainly see what you want to see. No doubt about that.

It just makes me wonder what you choose not to see.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
reply to post by Daughter2

That's a pretty good response, except it has nothing to do with Wisconsin. How is selling utilities that are used for state run buildings the same as selling a city's parking meters? The utilities being sold are not competing directly with the utilities the people of Wisconsin use, and therefore should have no impact on the cost of their utilities.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, the old "It Won't Happen Here".

They're just going to sell "one little part" and STOP there.

edit on 5-3-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

I don't get what you mean here. What else can they sell? Utility companies that serve the people like Madison Gas and Electric are already investor owned, how can the state sell something that doesn't belong to the government?
Or what are you trying to say?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Fleebagger.
ROTFL

Interesting take but wrong. This has a lot more to with President Obama then you are willing to admit. The reason so many republicans were voted into state offices around the country was voters felt "Obamacare" was a government overreach and that their elected representatives were not listening to their constituents who voted them into office. Since voters could not take Obama out of office they did the next best thing and took out their frustration on Democrats across the country but voting them out of office. That indirectly created this mess in Wisconsin and Indiana and so on...

I know. Unfortunately most (IMO) people love the theatrics of politics - - and vote for the most charismatic. Another unfortunate - - the Right is more full of bull - - and the left tend to be a bit boring in presentation. The average person (IMO) loves the Carnival Barker theatrics of Rush and O'Reilly. They're being played - - and love it. The free - every citizen vote system sounds good on paper. Not so much in reality.

"and vote for the most charismatic."

Really....isn't that why Obama got elected in the first place?

"average person (IMO) loves the Carnival Barker theatrics of Rush and O'Reilly."

Fantastic, they are not elected officials! But I love how you cleverly implied that "average people" vote republican. Again very condescending. But Maddow and Olbermann aren't theatrical at all!

"The free - every citizen vote system sounds good on paper. Not so much in reality."

So you are suggesting that our ability to elect our officials should be done away with? Or that anyone who would vote republican shouldn't vote?

Does your neck ever get tired from looking down on so many people?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Fleebagger.
ROTFL

Interesting take but wrong. This has a lot more to with President Obama then you are willing to admit. The reason so many republicans were voted into state offices around the country was voters felt "Obamacare" was a government overreach and that their elected representatives were not listening to their constituents who voted them into office. Since voters could not take Obama out of office they did the next best thing and took out their frustration on Democrats across the country but voting them out of office. That indirectly created this mess in Wisconsin and Indiana and so on...

Its called ObamaCare health care bill.

Sorry - - I don't get the connection. I think that's quite a reach.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Fleebagger.
ROTFL

Its called ObamaCare health care bill.

Sorry - - I don't get the connection. I think that's quite a reach.

Anyone else think that I am reaching?

And I don't care what it's officially called but thank you for the heads up.
edit on 5-3-2011 by bphi1908 because: grammer

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Anyone else think that I am reaching?

[Raises hand] Oh sir, Oh sir....I do, But if you prefer the term stretch or exaggeration, those both work too.

If you were a Wall Street banker , I believe the argument you are peddling would be a derivative or mortgage backed security. You've taken a toxic asset, in this case represented by the narcissistic actions of a deranged Governor and mixed them in with the current POTUS, i.e. solvent home mortgages to create a fictitious commodity you call an argument. They are two diametrically opposed, disparate and unrelated issues. Well I ain't buying. :shk:

Yeah, I realize my analogy is absurd but I was striving for something on par with your assertion.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join