It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Senate passes resolution calling for Democrats to be taken into police custody

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

You didn't list any rights. What constitutional violations have taken place, and which constitution was violated by them?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Yes, they need lobbyists. How can any individual official do ALL of the research necessary to deal with ALL of the issues concerning their electorate? The electorate needs to come to them simply because a single person can't do the same amount of work as a collective dedicated to whatever issue. Lobbyists are just petitioners, and some belong to groups, some are individuals, and some are much better funded than others. That's the reality.

The alternative is, I think, to rely on the official to be able to deal with all issues on their own. That is closer to tyranny than a system that involves lobbies and petitioning, I think. A system that relies on everyone to participate in democracy is going to be more democratic than one that trusts officials to do their job impartially and completely.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PplVSNWO

They've already been listed - read back and pay attention please

It's also not just about laws, it's about rights, and the rights of the people.

If you can't see that, then I can't be bothered posting to you.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well, either take them into police custody, nullify their elections for derelection of duty, or just shoot them.

Or, next time Democrats get a majority, all the Republicans should hide until the next elections.

Won't help anything, but it will keep the Dems from further damage.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Well,if you aren't going to list the rights and constitutional violations, then you shouldn't have made your post in the first place. If you aren't willing to support your claims, why join in a debate?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Like I said - read back.
They have already been posted.

I'm not going to do work just cos you're lazy

Fact is, the US is becoming a fascist state.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You want me to reread 20pages of posts just to try and figure out what you are referring to? Or am I supposed to just drop it because there are no rights being violated and you where just trying to throw in some extra posts opposing anything Walker?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

What he means to say, without having to just flagrantly come right out and say it, is that he can't find any, either. I see a lot of folks talking about some alleged "collective bargaining right" that is supposed to be being taken away, but I can't find it anywhere as a "right", nor can I quite figure out how a "right" can be "taken away" to begin with. I've seen rights violated, but never, ever, "taken away". If it can be taken away at all, it was never a "right" to begin with, it was at most a "privilege".

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PplVSNWO
You want me to reread 20pages of posts just to try and figure out what you are referring to?

I'm not being glib but if you click the member triangle on someone's Avatar the drop down menu will offer posts in thread option if you are serious you can easily review another poster's contributions rather than ask a respected member to waste more bandwidth for you. Just sayin.'

edit on 4-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I already checked the poster's "contributions" to this thread and the post I replied to was the second post on this thread and the first that mentioned rights. The poster's first post was just a quote on fascism.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I did that for Budski's posts. He had exactly two before that interchange with PplVSNWO began, one defining "fascism", and the other already claiming rights have been taken, asking "how many need to be taken away before you cry foul?". I presume the latter is the one that prompted PplVSNWO to ask.

I didn't see an enumeration of which rights he's claiming have been taken (which is what PplVSNWO is asking for), so now I don't know which poster to search on... any ideas?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thank you - - I always love your posts. They are well written - intelligent - and pithy.

I honestly can't fathom anyone supporting what Scott Walker is doing. All I can come up with is - - they haven't educated themselves on the whole of what is going on or they just want to blame the Democrats.

Can't I believe what the democrats are doing is wrong, in this case, as well as not agree with gov. Walker's
heavy handed tactics? It bothers me that you, among others, think anyone who doesn't agree with you is uneducated on this subject or so ignorant that they just want to "blame Democrats". Making issues that black and white is silly isn't it? Our whole political system is being put to the test here based on the actions of the people involved, both gov. Walker and the Democrats who fled.

This situation in Wisconsin is emblematic of the problems the country faces as a whole. Political figures on either side of the isle playing a grand game of chess with OUR money OUR future. Control of the congress doesn't give anyone the right to force through legislation, state or federal. It becomes even more of an issue when Walker won his race with a mere 52% of the vote. Nobody in Wisconsin or Washington DC give a S#$% about the people this bill is going to affect, the middle class of America, the engine that drives this country.

What everyone including our elected officials needs to do is compromise and work together, it is what civilized people do and it is what we expect out of our elected officials, unless the goal is not simply to balance the budgets but to divide the people in this nation even more than they already are.

The responses in this thread is a prime example of the hatred and raw emotion this issue has drawn out of us, it has managed to do this despite most of us not even being directly affected. Imagine the emotion when it does hit a little closer to home.

I ask everyone, myself included, to think before they write and to treat each other like you were talking face to face. And to not assume people who don't agree with you are stupid.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You want me to reread 20pages of posts just to try and figure out what you are referring to? Or am I supposed to just drop it because there are no rights being violated and you where just trying to throw in some extra posts opposing anything Walker?

You can do what you want - I really don't care.

Every question you have asked has already been covered, and covered well, from both sides.

So don't get snotty because I won't do your work for you.

Read back and answer or don't - I don't really care.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bphi1908
It bothers me that you, among others, think anyone who doesn't agree with you is uneducated on this subject or so ignorant that they just want to "blame Democrats". Our whole political system is being put to the test here based on the actions of the people involved, both gov. Walker and the Democrats who fled.

Please explain to me exactly why the Democrats felt they had to flee.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Okay, since you won't answer my question, I will answer it. Nobody has had their rights taken away and the only thing unconstitutional is the democrat's refusal to return when compelled in accordance with rules they agreed to abide by when taking office.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I am beginning to see something going on...I am a little slow sometimes. If I play solitaire on my computer, there is an "undo" button I can press, to make a move disappear; I bet I can do this until I start over, so I can undo every move I don't like.

I am seeing that all the talk of "The Constitution" is not a talk to ensure my rights, but to press an "undo" button to make my rights disappear. The Fair Labor Standards Act is a law of the land, yet to some, anything "not in the Constitution" is unconstitutional. "Undo" laws and start over, until unions are "illegal conspiracies" (Commonwealth v. Pullis 1806).

To some. there are no rights in question here. They are the fascists unwitting heralds.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Okay, since you won't answer my question, I will answer it. Nobody has had their rights taken away and the only thing unconstitutional is the democrat's refusal to return when compelled in accordance with rules they agreed to abide by when taking office.

Is it OK if Walker takes public utilities away from "public" and sells the rights to the highest bidder?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I was merely pointing out an ATS feature. I've got no credible argument at this time as I'm just getting caught up. Admittedly, I myself have not reviewed all posts for last several pages. Sorry, lesson learned.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

I am beginning to see something going on...I am a little slow sometimes. If I play solitaire on my computer, there is an "undo" button I can press, to make a move disappear; I bet I can do this until I start over, so I can undo every move I don't like. I am seeing that all the talk of "The Constitution" is not a talk to ensure my rights, but to press an "undo" button to make my rights disappear. The Fair Labor Standards Act is a law of the land, yet to some, anything "not in the Constitution" is unconstitutional. "Undo" laws and start over, until unions are "illegal conspiracies" (Commonwealth v. Pullis 1806). To some. there are no rights in question here. They are the fascists unwitting heralds.

You not only hit the nail on the head....i think you shattered the whole thing.

Great point and excellently stated Desert.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by johnny2127
Actually I am fighting for the taxpayer. An average teacher in WI makes 80k a year in total compensation for 9 months work, regardless of performance or results. They are no 'the little people'

teacherportal.com...

Where did you get your number?...please don't give me a Fox link.

....and anyone knows that many teachers don't take summers off if they want to gain certifications or get promotions and advance in pay. My wife was a teacher before we had kids and she worked every day until 8 or 9 pm grading papers etc. and never took a summer off for the 5 years we dated before we married...and she did it for 38k a year.

She has a masters degree in education....why did she go into teaching? If not for summers off or great pay? Cuz she loves children and believes like the song says "they are our future".

The GOP crossed the line when they decided to make TEACHERS pay for a financial crisis created by thier masters.

2012 will be one hell of a reckoning.

You are quoting salary, which was actually lower than the average. When I say total compensation, I am including salary plus benefits. So salary plus pension contributions, healthcare, insurance, etc. That comes out to 76k roughly according to the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. Private companies that aren't playing as many account games put the number at 89k a year. You pick whichever you want to believe, I don't care which. But for a 9 month job to pay at MINIMUM 76k in compensation regardless of performance or results, thats pretty darn high and not accomplishable in the private sector.

Link

Go into the Milwaukee area and its gets even more ridiculous as teachers TOTAL compensation for their 9 month job is over 100k per year.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join